Nissan GTR 2017 Vs Acura NSX 2017 thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 10:03 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Nissan GTR 2017 Vs Acura NSX 2017 thoughts

Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys could back me up with some points/views to support my argument with my friend and I that we are currently talking about. Apparently, the Nissan GTR 2017 is faster around nurburgring than the NSX 2017 and I find that hard/difficult to believe due to that fact that Wikipedia can't be updated with their shit. They have only listed the Acura NSX NA 2 that refers to one of the 1st generation Acura NSX's which my friend still thinks that they mean the 2017 brand new Acura NSX. So can you guys help me out on this? Here are some of my point of views of the Acura NSX vs the Nissan GTR:

The NSX offers real time Torque vectoring which means it has instantaneous power to the front wheels due to the electric motors in the front that keep the front wheels spinning
The NSX Just feels like a better Drivers car, I mean lets get real the Nissan GTR is in its like 500th model year vs the Acura NSX is only in its 2nd generation model year
The NSX is faster around Laguna Seca Mazda, My friend thinks its an ass track so he says it doesn't count if the NSX is better than the GTR around that track but I think it does since Motor Trend always test out new stuff their
The NSX Has no turbo lag ?, Correct me if Im wrong but according to Motor Trend, there isn't any Turbo lag due to the three electric motors (or four) that are powering the front wheels
The NSX Has a better Transmission unit than the Nissan Gtr's
And to be honest, I think that the NSX quite frankly looks a hell of a lot more stylish than the GTR.

How about you guys? I think the NSX is the better car definitely and I love Acura more than any other car brand besides Koeniggsegg (lol)
Old 12-20-2016, 11:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
You're not biased at all, are you?
Old 12-21-2016, 07:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
I hate nissans - is this the best user name you could think off?
Old 12-21-2016, 01:16 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Jakes_tl
I hate nissans - is this the best user name you could think off?
Yeah lol
Old 12-21-2016, 01:17 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TacoBello
You're not biased at all, are you?
50/50 If I had to choose a nissan it would probably be a 370z nismo
Old 12-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I've heard only butthurt chumps love that car. True story.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,583 Likes on 6,630 Posts
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 10:47 PM
4th Gear

Love the GTR?
Old 12-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its a shame that no official 2nd Gen NSX time has been posted yet to see if it is in fact faster, or not faster than the GTR. When it comes down to it, the amount of environment factors alone can cause a few seconds of change in a lap time. Add to that, no two tracks are the same, and you can very well have two different cars where one is faster around the Ring, and the other is faster around Laguna. It all comes down to the vehicle and track dynamics. Tighter the track, the one that can pull the highest cornering G's will come out superior, more straights and the fastest to accelerate will have the advantage.

But the most important thing to always remember is... Lap times don't matter. Lap times are created during ideal conditions by a seasoned racing driver who's being paid to beat the living piss out of the car and push it past its limits for that golden time. 80-90% of the target consumers will never be able to come close to that level of performance. The logical thought process behind it to begin with is simply flawed since you're judging a car based off of its performance by two separate drivers, and two separate times. You should buy a car based on what you prefer driving, because lets face it, I can pick a purpose built kit car that would drive circles around a GTR Nismo for half the cost, but that doesn't mean I'll like driving it.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
How can you say laptimes don't matter??

Laptimes do matter!!!!

It proves everything

That is what makes my ultimate decision when purchasing a car or a motorcycle!
Yes it helps when its from the same driver and same track kinda like when Motortrend does the laptimes at Laguna seca from Pro driver Randy Pobst.

If your just into the looks then laptimes don't matter of course.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by ECRD

Laptimes do matter!!!!

It proves everything

Yes it helps when its from the same driver and same track kinda like when Motortrend does the laptimes at Laguna seca from Pro driver Randy Pobst.

meh, I'd rather have a car that didnt care about lap times; ie; Aston martin or the 911R
I want a fun car and not a numbed out ride that laps the ring at the fastest possible time
Old 01-03-2017, 01:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by ECRD

Laptimes do matter!!!!

It proves everything

I think what he means is that cars aimed at sale to consumers are almost never going to be driven like they would at a track. I agree with both of you though, most people will never race their cars so taking lap times for a Toyota Camry is stupid. However I disagree about lap times not mattering in +100k cars claimed to have amazing handling.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:48 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Drive Tribe Throws Porsche 911 Turbo Against Honda NSX and Nissan GT-R in Three-Round Combat

https://drivemag.com/ww/news/drive-t...e-round-combat