"You get what you pay for" but when you're paying hundreds are you getting quality?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Old timer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"You get what you pay for" but when you're paying hundreds are you getting quality?

My question arises from the pricing of coilovers.

The Zeal are like $1900, the NEX SS are $650.

People say you get what you pay for. But paying $650 is still a lot of money... until you compare it to the Zeals. What's the story here - for 1/3rd the price, are the NEX going to blow out within a year or two, or somehow otherwise break?

It's not like $650 is a drop in the bucket, but when the same product from another company costs around three times as much, I get worried that the affordable one isn't made as well.
Old 03-12-2002, 01:04 PM
Mr. PC

Well I don't know much about coilovers but if you look at other companies the prices are in line with Zeal. That means that either all companies are making a killing (unlikely) or that quality coilovers are gonna cost you...just my 2
Old 03-12-2002, 04:45 PM
9th Gear

JRock, Just my opinion but I'm going to try the NEX's anyway...
The Zeals are fully adjustable including ride hieght where as the
Nex's looks to me that the tensions are factory set and all you get is the ability to adjust your drop height. The Nex's retail for $999.00 for the SS's, Zeals as you said $1900.00, There in lies your price difference. Quality yes Zeals are more tried and tested.

So if you decide to wait I'll get mine installed when they get here and keep you posted on their performance.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Old timer

I'm actually thinking about getting the NEXes this weekend myself, but that price difference has me second-guessing their quality. As for looks, I saw the NEXes on AegeanCLS's car this weekend and they look great.
Old 03-13-2002, 06:39 PM
RDX
Instructor

Originally posted by BKsRedCls
JRock, Just my opinion but I'm going to try the NEX's anyway...
The Zeals are fully adjustable including ride hieght where as the
Nex's looks to me that the tensions are factory set and all you get is the ability to adjust your drop height. The Nex's retail for $999.00 for the SS's, Zeals as you said $1900.00, There in lies your price difference. Quality yes Zeals are more tried and tested.

So if you decide to wait I'll get mine installed when they get here and keep you posted on their performance.

Tried and Tested????
LOL
I am the first Zeal B6 user for the Accord Coupe 6 gen.
and I think Astroboy is the first for his TL or CL .

The front top mount doesn't even fit, I have to get them send me one that does.........specially made.
and there is still a clearance problem with it on my car.

So now R&D? nope its just something shipped all the way from Japan......thats why its expensive and Endless/Zeal stuff is always expensive