VSA Throttle Body Delete Kit? Plenum Spacers?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:22 AM
I broke what now??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question VSA Throttle Body Delete Kit? Plenum Spacers?

I have done plenty of research and testing to find what works best when trying to get rid of that pesky, restrictive, and not to mention heavy, VSA Throttle Body.

As simple as it is to remove without causing other issues, I was wanting to see if there might be any interest in a kit with everything you need to get rid of it. From pre-made plugs with built in resistors to cap off the wires running to it as well as a coupling to bypass the coolant going through it. I have already produced several of the "caps" for the wiring harness as prototypes but would like to see whether or not anybody else is interested before I go and have a ton of them made.

I'm currently working on an easy way to virtually "press" the VSA button upon the car starting so you don't have to remember it after doing the mod, it works in my car just fine but I found a potentially easier way to do it that I will be testing soon. - On an unrelated note, I am also working to move the vsa light to a blank button space to the left of the wheel and use the little "!" in a triangle as my VTEC light just for shits and grins in my own car.

Let me know what you guys think, would it be worth having the parts printed and me take the time to put everything together or nah? I am also considering having a small spacer made for the stock j32a2 intake manifold plenums using aluminum paired with (teflon?) gaskets since I have access to the machinery to get these parts built. Although they will cost way more than I would like, I feel it is worth it for something that could make a few peoples lives easier. For the plenum spacers, I am only concerned that they will be way too thin and could easily cause vacuum leaks, I still plan on having a set made to test them out anyway.

Any and all input is welcome and appreciated, both positive, and negative. I want to hear what everybody thinks or if either of these have already been attempted and I am just oblivious.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Don't think that there will be much interest in the VSA delete kit, but you would definitely be able to sell some of the Plenum spacer kits.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:37 PM
I broke what now??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's about what I was expecting, I may go ahead and produce the VSA delete harness adapter given how easy they are to print, but I already have the plenum spacers drawn out on paper, I will send the version I make in Autodesk over to an old friend who has a plastic business to have a couple made with different parameters for testing (sounds odd, but he just ships/receives slabs of different plastics as well as does custom cutting, etc. Teflon happens to be one of the materials he carries.) For the aluminum version I know of two people who would allow me to cut up some metal on their plasma cutters. If not, cnc mills are not a problem for me to get access to. I just have to pay for those...
Old 09-11-2017, 05:49 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 107 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Karanx7
Don't think that there will be much interest in the VSA delete kit, but you would definitely be able to sell some of the Plenum spacer kits.
Werd. I don't see many looking to remove a safety feature from their vehicle. There isn't much advantage to doing so.

Search this Thread