slight sputtering on acceleration? - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

slight sputtering on acceleration?

 
Old 04-20-2007, 01:40 AM
  #41  
Moderator Alumnus
 
BigLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific Northwest, blah.
Age: 37
Posts: 8,127
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by artbran
seafoam!
WOT and high RPM shifting does clean out carbon too.
BigLizard is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 01:44 AM
  #42  
666 Speed
iTrader: (2)
 
artbran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sinking Spring, PA
Age: 32
Posts: 2,090
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
That is true. I do it every day. 7k rpm is not a strange sight for my engine...
artbran is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 AM
  #43  
2014 TL SH-AWD Advance
 
03sixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charleston, IL
Age: 50
Posts: 291
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Ok, here's the best way to describe the issue that I think might plague all 6 speeds. I could be wrong though.

On my car, when it's cold, and only when it's cold, if I take off and shift to 2nd gear (most noticeable in 2nd) and keep the RPMs arount 3000, not accelerating, not decelerating, simply keeping RPMs steady, it feels as though it sputters....not a smooth feel. I've been driving for 22 years and have owned probably 20 cars in my lifetime, from fuel injected, to turbo charged, carburated, flathead, 4 cyl, v-6, v-8, you name it. The best way to describe this is that it feels as though it's misfiring. I know no code comes out but that's the way it feels. I live in a small town, so there are basically no other CLS's to compare this problem with so I'm kinda at the mercy of everyone else here...oh, and the dealerships who believe this is some sort of ghost problem.
03sixer is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 06:10 AM
  #44  
Never had a clean run
 
rtatsutani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu
Age: 41
Posts: 683
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just changed my fuel pump. It bumped my fuel pressure up about 6 psi at idle from ~23 to ~29. I didn't have a chance to see what it was at during WOT. My air/fuel ratio got much better. At low acceleration it was bad as expected, but at WOT and mid acceleration it was between 11.xx and 13.xx A huge improvement from 13.5 to 15.5 Anyways, car pulls a bit better, but... STILL SPUDDERS On that note, I don't think that changing my FPR will help any either. Fixing my header leak soon and will keep you folks posted.
rtatsutani is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 08:33 AM
  #45  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Delaware
Posts: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidCLs6
wow this seems to happen to everyones 6 speed?!? i'm driving back down to dallas this saturday to pay for and pick up the 6sp i test drove last weekend. after reading this thread i'm a bit worried, have there been any updates on ur guys' problems? anyone found how to fix it? should i not even let this affect my decision on purchasing the car?
Don't hesitate to buy the car - it's more of an annoyance than a real problem, I think.
DelawareCLS is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 AM
  #46  
Registered Member
 
LiquidCLs6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 32
Posts: 160
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aight i'll still be geting it, does it do it when u guys are racing? i dont want to take on my friends g35 and have my car sputter out or whatever yall say it does
LiquidCLs6 is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
  #47  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Delaware
Posts: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidCLs6
aight i'll still be geting it, does it do it when u guys are racing? i dont want to take on my friends g35 and have my car sputter out or whatever yall say it does
No...as I posted above, mine appears to be related to relatively low RPM shifts which drop me below 2k RPM. In a race, or any high-revving situation, the engine is on boil well above 2k and I've never noticed the problem.

You should be fine taking on the g - just watch out for his torque off the line!
DelawareCLS is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 PM
  #48  
Only CL in town!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Columbus, MS
Age: 32
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yea you will be fine. mine just does it when i am crusing a low rpms. about 10-20 mph in 2nd or 3rd. durring wot or higher rmps it doesnt happen. good luck
ms_cls is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 PM
  #49  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Originally Posted by rtatsutani
Just changed my fuel pump. It bumped my fuel pressure up about 6 psi at idle from ~23 to ~29. I didn't have a chance to see what it was at during WOT. My air/fuel ratio got much better. At low acceleration it was bad as expected, but at WOT and mid acceleration it was between 11.xx and 13.xx A huge improvement from 13.5 to 15.5 Anyways, car pulls a bit better, but... STILL SPUDDERS On that note, I don't think that changing my FPR will help any either. Fixing my header leak soon and will keep you folks posted.
good to hear. I think i'm gonna get my fuel pump changed as well. The dealership said mine is fine and they checked the injectors and said those were fine too, but something inside is just telling me that the fuel pump is the cause for my problems. my problems are worse at lower RPM and slowly grow to be unnoticeable as the RPMs go up. at about 1250-1500 RPM it's the worst. The spuderring problem I noticed happens most noticeable when I'm going up an incline at relatively low speed and lower. RPM (1500-3000RPM).

To me it just seems at lower RPM my fuel pump isn't responding as precisely as it should.
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
  #50  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Delaware
Posts: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
good to hear. I think i'm gonna get my fuel pump changed as well. The dealership said mine is fine and they checked the injectors and said those were fine too, but something inside is just telling me that the fuel pump is the cause for my problems. my problems are worse at lower RPM and slowly grow to be unnoticeable as the RPMs go up. at about 1250-1500 RPM it's the worst. The spuderring problem I noticed happens most noticeable when I'm going up an incline at relatively low speed and lower. RPM (1500-3000RPM).

To me it just seems at lower RPM my fuel pump isn't responding as precisely as it should.
I'm really thinking that's more an issue of not having enough torque below 2k RPM and the engine never seems to recover until quite a ways up the RPM band in the same gear.

1500 RPM is awfully low for our cars & the engine's really bogging down there. Begins to make me wonder if different gearing would really be the cure for our cars, assuming they geared it for quick accel. in 1st to make up for that lack of torque...I just don't know enough about it to say for sure
DelawareCLS is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 01:41 PM
  #51  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Originally Posted by DelawareCLS
I'm really thinking that's more an issue of not having enough torque below 2k RPM and the engine never seems to recover until quite a ways up the RPM band in the same gear.

1500 RPM is awfully low for our cars & the engine's really bogging down there. Begins to make me wonder if different gearing would really be the cure for our cars, assuming they geared it for quick accel. in 1st to make up for that lack of torque...I just don't know enough about it to say for sure
I dunno if I believe that or not because my car was running fine at 1500 RPM i 2nd gear before. there's no reason why it should do it in that gear now. It's understandable for it to spudder if you were in 3rd gear or 4th gear at that low of an RPM, but not 2nd gear.

and the other throttle type issue with my car that is worse at lower RPM is there is a bad jerk/lurch a few seconds AFTER i let off the throttle, and it happens in any gear. The funny thing is, it's the worse when I'm in 2nd gear at low RPM.
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 PM
  #52  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Delaware
Posts: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
I dunno if I believe that or not because my car was running fine at 1500 RPM i 2nd gear before. there's no reason why it should do it in that gear now. It's understandable for it to spudder if you were in 3rd gear or 4th gear at that low of an RPM, but not 2nd gear.

and the other throttle type issue with my car that is worse at lower RPM is there is a bad jerk/lurch a few seconds AFTER i let off the throttle, and it happens in any gear. The funny thing is, it's the worse when I'm in 2nd gear at low RPM.
Do you have any mods? I don't and my car doesn't produce squat in terms of power that low, no matter what gear (gear shouldn't matter - 1500 RPM is 1500 RPM). Maybe you're producing more low-end torque somehow?

That lurch does sound odd. Don't have anything like that going on...
DelawareCLS is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
  #53  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Originally Posted by DelawareCLS
Do you have any mods? I don't and my car doesn't produce squat in terms of power that low, no matter what gear (gear shouldn't matter - 1500 RPM is 1500 RPM). Maybe you're producing more low-end torque somehow?

That lurch does sound odd. Don't have anything like that going on...
All I've got is the Comptech Icebox at the moment.
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 05:41 PM
  #54  
Registered Member
 
horsepowercrzy18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 646
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
hey

whats seafoam?
horsepowercrzy18 is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 03:35 AM
  #55  
w202 on carlssons
 
ll1l2l1l2lll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: san gabriel, costa mesa, CA
Posts: 322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'm getting that too on my '01 CL-P. 35k miles only.. =[
ll1l2l1l2lll is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 12:47 PM
  #56  
Banned
 
sinfulj32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: sd
Posts: 579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i get the same thing. its almost not noticeable because i've gotten used to it, but its like a slight hesitation when you throw it into 2nd or 3rd somtimes. i thought one of my valves could be slightly bent. i'm going to seafoam soon. i'll post the results when i'm done
sinfulj32 is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 01:49 PM
  #57  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Originally Posted by horsepowercrzy18
whats seafoam?
http://www.seafoamsales.com/
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 01:53 PM
  #58  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Last week I put in a bottle of Techron cleaner when I filled my tank. I don't think it'll help, but we'll see.
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 01:39 PM
  #59  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Originally Posted by rtatsutani
Just changed my fuel pump. It bumped my fuel pressure up about 6 psi at idle from ~23 to ~29. I didn't have a chance to see what it was at during WOT. My air/fuel ratio got much better. At low acceleration it was bad as expected, but at WOT and mid acceleration it was between 11.xx and 13.xx A huge improvement from 13.5 to 15.5 Anyways, car pulls a bit better, but... STILL SPUDDERS On that note, I don't think that changing my FPR will help any either. Fixing my header leak soon and will keep you folks posted.
I forgot to ask you, what fuel pump did you go with? Did you just replace it with a new OEM fuel pump? Did you also change your fuel filter?
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
  #60  
Never had a clean run
 
rtatsutani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu
Age: 41
Posts: 683
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Walbro 255 LPH. It comes with a replacement filter that's slightly larger than the OEM one, but guess it's b/c of the increased fuel flow. It's not the typical inline filter that you normally see. It's just a bag filter that goes on the suction end of the fuel pump.

Found the exhaust leak and it was in the CT flex pipe and not the header. Car sounds a million times quieter. I'm not sure if it effected the O2 sensor readings and caused the car to react differently, but I will drive it in a few hours after work and take a better look to see how it feels.
rtatsutani is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 04:54 AM
  #61  
Mirical Whip not Mayo..
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Califo
Age: 47
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just real quick... Ive noticed that no one has spoken of the IMRC valve. I had that slight drop in power before but, mine was right before the v-tec kicked in and it was only a slight drop in power. I took it to the dealer and of coarse they could not feel the drop in power. I told the mechanic about the IMRC valve which he new nothing about and looked into it and found it was out of the expected range only periodically. they replaced it when I still had the warrenty.
I have this sputter problem now as well. For me it is mostly around 6k RPM and feels somewhat like the rev limiter mal functioning for a split second.
Thus here I am lookong for clues to solve the problems we have too.

For those who have slight drop in power, search IMRC valve
Esrunyzarc is offline  
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
  #62  
Registered Member
 
Deap Threat84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: CT
Age: 41
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well add another 03 CLS 6spd to the list. I get the same sort of hesitation under hard acceleration in 2nd gear. It seems to happen when the car is warmed up though. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes always clears up the problem, but it ALWAYS comes back. It just seems like a big loss in throttle response. Ive tried seafoam, changed plugs, cleaned filter, but nothing works.

Any updates on this??
Deap Threat84 is offline  
Old 09-05-2007, 02:49 PM
  #63  
Gonna cost to catch up
 
kyle77777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deap Threat84
Well add another 03 CLS 6spd to the list. I get the same sort of hesitation under hard acceleration in 2nd gear. It seems to happen when the car is warmed up though. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes always clears up the problem, but it ALWAYS comes back. It just seems like a big loss in throttle response. Ive tried seafoam, changed plugs, cleaned filter, but nothing works.

Any updates on this??
Dont think anyone ever figured out what it is for sure, mine has not done it in over 6 months though. Was doing it all the time when i first bought the car
kyle77777 is offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 AM
  #64  
Registered Member
 
horsepowercrzy18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 646
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
hey

ok so i have come to some conclusions. i have the sputtering and loss of power. its either the imrc, or clogged dirty filter, or exhaust leak in my downpipe from hitting the ground a lot. i seafoamed it. didnt do anything for me.
horsepowercrzy18 is offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 05:55 AM
  #65  
Never had a clean run
 
rtatsutani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu
Age: 41
Posts: 683
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry guys, didn't update this post as well. I only posted the answer in another thread. Once I changed my flex pipe, and ran it for a while, the spuddering was gone!!! I was so happy, it was like having a new car again. I was scared and thought my tranny was going but guess not. It seems like the exhaust leak caused bad O2 sensor readings and caused my engine to do weird things. Anyways, car runs smooth and all is well. Hope this is the same thing for you guys.
rtatsutani is offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 12:09 PM
  #66  
Registered Member
 
LiquidCLs6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 32
Posts: 160
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well i dont have aftermarket headers on yet, and i just witnessed a big rpm drop in 4 gear while just cruising??? is my tranny going out? my maintenance light came on the other day too... i'm about to do a search to see why my maintenance light could be on, its not throwing any codes... any input is appreciated
LiquidCLs6 is offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 PM
  #67  
i heart latin chicks
iTrader: (2)
 
nbennettksu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 12,811
Thanked 38 Times in 8 Posts
more than likely its the random misfire code.
nbennettksu is offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 12:23 PM
  #68  
Registered Member
 
LiquidCLs6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 32
Posts: 160
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
got the maint. req. light figured out but still curious as to why my car puttered out so bad cruising in 4th... made me to scared to race this prick in a eclipse shortly after
LiquidCLs6 is offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 12:26 PM
  #69  
Registered Member
 
horsepowercrzy18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 646
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
hey

my car through a code P1259 manufacture control fuel air metering...?
horsepowercrzy18 is offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 PM
  #70  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 36
Posts: 111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ITS THE TRANNY - 04 TL with the same thing...TRANNY free under warranty...very common problem.
7Davie7 is offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 12:49 PM
  #71  
Registered Member
 
Deap Threat84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: CT
Age: 41
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rtatsutani
Sorry guys, didn't update this post as well. I only posted the answer in another thread. Once I changed my flex pipe, and ran it for a while, the spuddering was gone!!! I was so happy, it was like having a new car again. I was scared and thought my tranny was going but guess not. It seems like the exhaust leak caused bad O2 sensor readings and caused my engine to do weird things. Anyways, car runs smooth and all is well. Hope this is the same thing for you guys.

Maybe that's it. I kind of thought it was an engine control thing because it stops when you reset the ECU and comes back after a while. I didn't get any check engine lights though

I have CT headers too. . I'll have to check for leaks now.
Deap Threat84 is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 11:53 PM
  #72  
Turbo 6 Speed
iTrader: (3)
 
CL-S6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Age: 32
Posts: 656
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just bought an 03 cl-s 6speed and I have the same sputtering/hesitation at around 2-3k in 2nd and 3rd gear. Mine started doin this after I Put my headers in.. Is there an update to this problem did anyone find out whats causing it?
CL-S6 is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 06:11 AM
  #73  
Never had a clean run
 
rtatsutani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu
Age: 41
Posts: 683
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, mine was an exhaust leak in the flex pipe. I have an auto, but same exacty symptoms. Specifically 2nd gear and 2200 RPMs. Once you pass the spudder, it's fine right. I would suspect the same thing in your case since you just added headers and now the problems started.
rtatsutani is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:10 AM
  #74  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 50
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello rtatsutani,

My symtoms sound the same as yours. My 93 accord that started sputtering latley in second gear around the same rpms as you. i do also have a leak in my flex pipe. Is that whats the problem. Shortly after that my check engine light came. No, I did not replace my headers and its an auto. Your feedback would be appreciated.
Ayu688 is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 AM
  #75  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 50
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sorry, Did not read the posts above. I think I found my solution. Change the flexpipe correct?
Ayu688 is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 10:08 AM
  #76  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 36
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 03 6MT does the same thing - feels like one cylinder drops to 75% power. It occurs in 2nd or 3rd gear at low rpms and the engine temperature doesn't seem to matter. It doesn't bother me enough to start chasing the problem but I would pay for a fix it if I knew what the fix was.

When it happens I take my foot off the gas pedal and let the rpm's drop for a second before resuming my acceleration... and the sputter is usually gone.

Based on the sputter's frequency I strongly believe it's related to the coil packs and/or spark plugs.

While reading this thread and seeing other people's experience with the flex pipe I've come up with another theory to throw out to you guys - Might the sputter be caused by some type of resonance or harmonic in the exhaust system?
PMGCamaro is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 02:27 PM
  #77  
Never had a clean run
 
rtatsutani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu
Age: 41
Posts: 683
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ayu688
Sorry, Did not read the posts above. I think I found my solution. Change the flexpipe correct?
Yeah, I had to change the flex pipe. Unfortunately I had a clogged cat and have another leaky flex pipe
rtatsutani is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:53 PM
  #78  
CL-SEXY SIX (=
 
Harrisonk531616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 30
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its so weird how this thread come up on my search for "Spark Plugs"
Anyway this is the exact symptom i have 2-3 gear slight sputtering; let off gas and gradually accelerate again and the sputtering is gone.

So it was the flex pipe for all you guys?

so every 6 speeder here has the XS powerheaders? with this problem?
Harrisonk531616 is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 AM
  #79  
Registered Member
 
DFoster0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Age: 35
Posts: 414
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
i dont know if this helps but i had a prelude do this and it was a timing issue which caused the problem once it was fixed it ran great.
DFoster0 is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 12:22 AM
  #80  
CL-SEXY SIX (=
 
Harrisonk531616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 30
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DFoster0
i dont know if this helps but i had a prelude do this and it was a timing issue which caused the problem once it was fixed it ran great.
Wish we could adjust timing in these cars
thanks for you input anyway !
Harrisonk531616 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: slight sputtering on acceleration?


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.