AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   Seeking advice on modding 03 cl type s sound system (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/seeking-advice-modding-03-cl-type-s-sound-system-974487/)

Acurapunk 10-30-2018 12:31 PM

Seeking advice on modding 03 cl type s sound system

Hello,

I have an '03 CL Type-s NAV. It has the original sound system of radio, 6 slot CD changer, and the cassette player.

The problem is I live in 2018, and the only reason to own caste is tape data storage (intriguing topic if you are curious). I mainly play my music using Spotify and navigate using Waze. I'm currently using one of those radio transmitter, but it has two issues:

A - When I travel and radio waves from local station starts intervening I have to shut it off or fiddle with it.
B - Even without A, the sound quality suffers from static due to the fact I'm transmitting.

Here is what I need:

1- is it possible to modify the sound system without compromising the antitheft?
2- If yes, what parts would recommend that will complement the interior (Beige leather seats and black interior, I will pictures later tonight)?

Parts should be able to charge and have an aux plug?
3- is it possible to do by myself or should I get a professional to do it?
4- can you estimate the cost?

justnspace 10-30-2018 12:34 PM

buy aftermarket android headunit and problem solved.

or you could retrofit a tablet...or build your own headunit via Rasberri pi and 7 inch touch screen

Acurapunk 10-30-2018 12:42 PM

Great Idea, but is there a guide on how to do it?

The car is a manual if it makes a difference.

justnspace 10-30-2018 12:46 PM

look on youtube, perhaps???????

audio system installs are all the same..if you have done one car, you can do all cars....

EZBZ 11-01-2018 12:54 AM

It really depends on what you're trying to do. I've pretty much done it all, and none of it is extremely difficult if you're handy and you understand the basics of car audio.

If you just want a clean install which preserves your factory radio and adds bluetooth, phone support, and adds AUX input, I would strongly recommend a GTA pure bluetooth car kit. I installed one and it worked flawlessly. I ended up taking it out as I chose to install a new head unit (Pioneer AVIC 8200). The GTA car kit plugs into an already existing port at the back of your factory deck. You just have to get back there. In our cars, it's not especially difficult to remove the deck, but it requires several steps. I'd say install time for a competent person would be about an hour. You want the pure bluetooth unit, which goes for $139 new. https://www.gtacarkits.com/product/b...-cl-2001-2003/

I actually have mine and I don't need it anymore, so I'll let it go for a good price if you're interested.

Otherwise, you can do all sorts of stuff. New head unit, amps, etc are all possible. I got a new headunit with navigation, bluetooth, and Android Auto. I disconnected the factory amp and installed an Alpine mini amp. Replaced all 4 speakers (its hard to find a decent speaker shallow enough to fit in the rear deck holes. Anything too thick interferes with the torsion bars that pop the trunk open. I ended up giving up and getting a too thick speaker. Now the trunk just unlocks without actually fully opening on its own. I also added a powered sub. Stereo sounds great now and the infotainment is better than many brand new cars. All these upgrades cost me about $1500.

01WhiteCLtypeS 12-05-2018 07:25 PM

Hey I saw that you messaged me back but apparently I'm too new to the forum to receive messages yet.

EZBZ 12-05-2018 08:59 PM

Just e mail me. barnhib at yahoo.

Thanks!

R J Poseidon 6 12-06-2018 09:09 AM

I was content with my stereo, but I got a Bazooka to fill that low end that was missing and now it's spot on.

Def would like BlueTooth but all good, car is old....

01WhiteCLtypeS 12-06-2018 03:28 PM

EZBZ I emailed you