Right HID discharging battery Originally...but Not working NOW...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Right HID discharging battery Originally...but Not working NOW...

Need some help figuring this one out..

two days ago my car wouldn't start, and gave a low battery sign..So I jump started it once but it wouldn't start again normally... So I kept giving it a jump the whole day...

Until... my RIGHT HID went off after it had been on for about an hour... which led me to believe it may be the HID getting grounded and causing the battery to discharge...so I took off the low beam connector and used only the high beam... Mind you.. this HID had been flickering for past 2 weeks and I didn't get a chance to look at it..

This eventually solved my problem with the battery...so I figured it may be the connection getting lose because of the high temp and getting grounded...

Yesterday I put the low beam connection back on and light came up but it went off after few minutes...so I took it off and tightened the clamps so they wouldn't get too lose. So I put it back on and the whole light including the (High BEAM) wouldn't come up... "Another thing to note, while tightening the clamps, I may have switched black and red wires while putting it back on, thou I think I didn't"

I don't understand why atleast the HIGH BEAM is not coming back up?? Any ideas??