Removing Transmission (Stuck axle nut) 03 CLs

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 03:34 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Transmission (Stuck axle nut) 03 CLs

I've started a clutch job but ain't get no where because of stubborn axle spindle nuts, i have unbent the notch on the nut and soaked with half can of pb blaster. Alrdy brokin a breaker bar, seems like I've tried everything, from standing on the breaker bar with a pipe, torque wench, driving forward(driver side axle nut) with breaker bar on to use car weight to break nut loose and torch it for a couple minute still no F**king luck. Anyways, now im just curious if its possible to just remove cv axle from transmission without removing the spindle nut like idk removing lower joint or whatever?
Old 06-18-2016, 05:18 PM
j35/6 Speed Swapped

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Once you remove front subframe you should be able to pop out the cv axle. Just be careful of the brake line and speed sensors. Also support the axle when the trans is out. Sometimes the bearings fallout and it's hard to put it back.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:19 PM
M90booosted

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
you could just unbolt the spindle entirely. i just took my engine out and couldnt break the ps one loose so i just unbolted upper/lower BJ and popped it form trans and let it hang.