Rear brake pad change

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rear brake pad change

I searched, but couldn't find any useful info, and youtube was pretty much worthless.

My question is, is the procedure for changing the rear brake pads different than the fronts? I have never done the front on my CL, but on every other Honda and really every other car I've ever had it was pretty straightforward. I just changed my rear pads as they were shot, and there are no noises or anything coming from them, but they feel like they may be not disengaging properly. I just basically slid the new pads on and put it all back together. Is there something I'm missing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EZBZ
I searched, but couldn't find any useful info, and youtube was pretty much worthless.

My question is, is the procedure for changing the rear brake pads different than the fronts? I have never done the front on my CL, but on every other Honda and really every other car I've ever had it was pretty straightforward. I just changed my rear pads as they were shot, and there are no noises or anything coming from them, but they feel like they may be not disengaging properly. I just basically slid the new pads on and put it all back together. Is there something I'm missing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
With my experience, the kits that come with the new metal hardware are the best. Keeps them functioning as designed. Good thing is you can buy the hardware for cheap. Also, I would grease the pins and make sure the little boots aren't
cracked and that they seeded in the caliper properly and making a seal.

Just take a better look at them while the wheel is off and a little bit of common sense will tell you what' happening.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Same procedure as the fronts. Caliper might be frozen. When you compressed them were they hard to move? The caliper pins should be cleaned and greased(with caliper grease) as well as the slides that the pads travel on. Like Bogey said, make sure the pin boots are also in good shape.

Last edited by Iggy; 03-11-2018 at 04:19 PM.