Power window/12 volts/compensate

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 12:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power window/12 volts/compensate

I've researched and read countless times over many threads on here and other forums but need a little (a lot) of help. Case: Driver's side power window wont roll up or down. Possible solutions so far...... I replaced the motor and regulator assembly with a brand new unit, replaced the master power window switch with a brand new OEM Acura unit, checked all related fuses, my relay is working, my car battery is brand new but I cannot do the auto re-learn function because my window can't roll up nor down. I used a volt meter to test for constant power and to see if there were 12 volts or any volts being applied to the switch and motor....... Long story short, could it be I have a wire break in my harness that connects from the door to the frame? I'm not exactly sure what that harness is called. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. If you're in the Madison or Milwaukee, WI area and can remedy this situation for me; I will will compensate your time with $$$. Thanks much!
Old 11-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I guess..... everyone with a CL has perfect running power windows! So much for this website forum.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Anything's possible. If you're missing 12V at the switch, you'll have to follow it back through the harness until you find the problem.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,580 Likes on 6,628 Posts
Probably.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by CLSilk
Well I guess..... everyone with a CL has perfect running power windows! So much for this website forum.
I've actually just had the EXACT problem you're having on my TL. Everything was working, but only the driver's window wasn't rolling up or down. I applied power directly to the motor, and it was working. I tested the other relays, and they were all working. Then I tested the individual wires for power and signal (obviously the motor wasn't getting power). Turned out to be a simple problem with a simple fix. I'm kind of surprised no one else has had this problem.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Op, year?