View Poll Results: Keep it stock or add some stuff?
Keep it stock and no foreign stuff in my new car.
13.46%
Keep it stock for awhile and add new stuff a few years later.
28.85%
Modify it right after or soon after getting my new car.
57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Who likes stock and who likes Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 02:37 PM
I love my G sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poll: Who likes stock and who likes Mod?

Although most of the people who come to this board are relatively younger, so propbably this poll doesn't reflect the reality, but what the heck, i am still curious to know whether people like to keep their cars original and stock or like to fix it up and modify as much as they can. Even putting tint on the windows is still considered modification I think. For me, I like to keep the new car stock and as original as possible for the first few years, and when I get sick of its old look after a while, probably i will add some DVD player and other stuff to it. I understand that some people are afraid of adding some foreign stuff to their new cars, while others like to make their cars different from the others' by adding stuff, both are good ideas I think, I am just curious to know. Please vote.
Old 10-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
stock = :ghey:
Old 10-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
You need to put another category in and call it "Modded my car, and I don't really care too much for the foreign stuff". That's where I'd vote.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Ricky: Drugs > Football

Although most of the people who come to this board are relatively younger, so propbably this poll doesn't reflect the reality, but what the heck, i am still curious to know whether people like to keep their cars original and stock or like to fix it up and modify as much as they can. Even putting tint on the windows is still considered modification I think. For me, I like to keep the new car stock and as original as possible for the first few years, and when I get sick of its old look after a while, probably i will add some DVD player and other stuff to it. I understand that some people are afraid of adding some foreign stuff to their new cars, while others like to make their cars different from the others' by adding stuff, both are good ideas I think, I am just curious to know. Please vote.
The reason that most people log on to this forum is to find out about their car and to begin to add modifications. Most people here mod their car, or are either doing minor mods (ie tint) and waiting for their warrenty to expire to do more mods (ie headers).

Modding your car is something alot of people like to do, not because they dont like they way their car looks, but they like originality and performance.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:17 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd prefer modded, but i'm lemon law'ing my car so I kept it stock. My arbitration with Acura is in December.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Old timer

None of the choices really apply to me.

I planned on keeping it stock as a daily driver, but hated the 4x4 look so that was the first thing to go. Comptech sport springs are the way the car SHOULD have come from the dealer, so I really have a hard time considering that a mod so much as just making it the way it should be.

Then I modded the intake since it was practically cost-free.

Then I got tangled up in suspension mods when I decided I wanted to hook the car up a little after owning it about 6 months. Most of the suspension work has been "trying to get it right", not really mods I wanted to do. Camber kits, two different sets of coilovers... I never planned on any of that.

So if there was an option for "planned to keep it stock but couldn't resist a few mods", that would be me.

Suspension mods like coilovers are nice, but aren't going to really help me at a traffic light, which as we all know is where we compare dick size.

Oh and tint is not a legit mod, it's just something to stick in the list of things you've done to your car.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:28 PM
__

I am sure I will be flamed for this, but oh well. I always felt modding cars is tacky and classless. sorry But i must say after being here on this board, I am starting to accept modding somewhat (but i would never do it myself). However, the "modded" cars I see on the road are rarely like the ones I see here and they all fit my above "tacky" stereotype.

BTW, I am not just talking about ricers
Old 10-05-2002, 04:59 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One thing to say if there is Above avearage car that doesn't need moding then I would not put mods...

Some mods do not have drawbacks or very little... like sways and tires package... now CAI and Headers would make the CLS sound funny...(i.e nut luxorious) But I get used to it...

I vote for mods when I can justify it..
Old 10-05-2002, 05:35 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Acura3.0CLP
I am sure I will be flamed for this, but oh well. I always felt modding cars is tacky and classless. sorry But i must say after being here on this board, I am starting to accept modding somewhat (but i would never do it myself). However, the "modded" cars I see on the road are rarely like the ones I see here and they all fit my above "tacky" stereotype.

BTW, I am not just talking about ricers
YOU BASTARD!!!:flamer:

hehe J/K I do know what you are talking about, and I too have changed my opinion somewhat about mods since joining this bboard. I think there is a line that you shouldn't cross when doing the mod thing, and most people on this board seem to know where that line is; usually staying within it.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Drifting

when i first got the car i said i wasnt going to touch a damn thing. then i found the board and things changed. i had to make my car unique and different from everyone else out there.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:45 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
I would like to mod mine but being a college student...I tend to be broke. So thats a pretty big problem. I would like to do maybe an intake, headers, exhaust, springs. I dont like flashy statements, more of a "sleeper" look. Basically they dont know what hit em when there staring at my liscense plate. But mainly I havent done anything because being that it is only a 36 month vehicle for me, I dont want to spend money on something that I wont get back.

I agree with the earlier posts, the cars on here are the best looking modded cars I have ever seen. Its a shame the ones I see are halfway modded ones. (people who will sell the factory bumper and drive around without one for awhile till the aftermarket one gets in)
Old 10-05-2002, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
It depends on the car. On my 79 Vw bus, I'm going the stock route (67hp of aircooled fun). Stock rebuilt longblock is sitting in my garage waiting to replace the tired (dropped valve seat)100,000 mile original motor. It's my Fall/Winter project.

I've only had my 2003 CLS for 2 days, so I'm not sure what I'll do to it. I'm thinking about waiting awhile before adding headers (and CAI). I like sleeper cars, so I'll probably keep the stock exhaust (even w/ headers) and stock rims. Because I like road racecars, CT springs and sways on my wish list too, along w/ better tires. I'll have to wait till after I break in my engine before I hit the dyno/quartermile to establish some baseline numbers before I start modding it.

Did you know that RACECAR is spelled the the same foward and backward ??
Old 10-06-2002, 01:47 AM
Retired. Not available.

I prefer my car to remain "stock"
Old 10-06-2002, 02:53 AM
Subie Dubie

Modding any car is fun and i doubt i'd ever own one that i wouldn't. I thought this car was just about perfect when i first bought it, then i found this place and well............. Check my sig
Old 10-06-2002, 02:32 PM
I love my G sedan

Just want to pull the thread back to the top.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:24 AM
Instructor

I am really intereseted in (and only have money for) upgrades or add-on which improve the performance of my '98 2.3CL. Such as - why didn't it come with fog/driving lights from the factory? So I put those on... but I probably would be interested in dropping my unit or riding on 20" wheels. I bought the car because I liked it enough as is - took me 6 months of shopping all the possible brands (BMW, SAAB, VOLVO, INFINITY etc.). Anybody who can put the time and money into their ride... more power to you. Some of it makes sense and some is just for show and that's OK too.

dogfight
Old 10-07-2002, 07:38 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

mod anything and everything you can....