P2R 3inch Cat Back installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CleanCL
i agree. more importantly remove the hot coolant. but the throttle body spacer (or 2 stacked together) provides a bigger charge of air in the intake manifold. it definitely doesn't hurt. on his setup, he might see something.

a couple other small mods to do... EGR removal (removes hot exhaust air from intake). and i think you should try out a larger intake manifold spacer like this.

and here's a look at an egr block off.

PM me if you're interested, i have both for sale.
dude my hood aint gonna close with the thick spacer...lol the plenums are already rubbing the hood liner now as it is
Old 11-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 193 Likes on 150 Posts
I can do the TB collant bypass next time i see you. I did it on mine.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just look for the two hoses coming off the Tstat housing under the TB that both go to the TB. The Tstat housing is what the upper radiator hose connects to on the engine block. The two hoses that connect to the TB are identical in size. When you pull them off you will know you have the right ones because a little green coolant will spill out. Don’t worry about the tiny spill. Be quick about it. Obviously if you spill a huge amount take the proper procedural precautions but you would have to be a retard to lose a ton of coolant. My Outlaw Engineering spacer kit came with a fitting to connect the two ends of hose from the Tstat housing if you didn’t want to use the TB spacer. If you don’t have access to one just get some more hose of the same size and connect the two nipples on the Tstat housing with the one hose or one of the OEM hoses if they are long enough. If you look at it you will understand. Call me if you don’t. Jim
Old 11-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by L's TL
I can do the TB collant bypass next time i see you. I did it on mine.
Originally Posted by jproy
Just look for the two hoses coming off the Tstat housing under the TB that both go to the TB. The Tstat housing is what the upper radiator hose connects to on the engine block. The two hoses that connect to the TB are identical in size. When you pull them off you will know you have the right ones because a little green coolant will spill out. Don’t worry about the tiny spill. Be quick about it. Obviously if you spill a huge amount take the proper procedural precautions but you would have to be a retard to lose a ton of coolant. My Outlaw Engineering spacer kit came with a fitting to connect the two ends of hose from the Tstat housing if you didn’t want to use the TB spacer. If you don’t have access to one just get some more hose of the same size and connect the two nipples on the Tstat housing with the one hose or one of the OEM hoses if they are long enough. If you look at it you will understand. Call me if you don’t. Jim
Thanks guys.

I am about to getting ready to take my car up to the shop so they can see if the wire harness they fixed for my AEM Fic works...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CLS6SpeedNupe
dude my hood aint gonna close with the thick spacer...lol the plenums are already rubbing the hood liner now as it is
oh yea, with the plenums i don't think it will work, but i'm curious for someone to give it a try.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jproy
yup, forget that stupid bypass tube, there should be enough hose on one end to just loop it and connect it on the housing. then just plug the TB nipples.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 AM
MP90 uninstalled

yup, forget that stupid bypass tube, there should be enough hose on one end to just loop it and connect it on the housing. then just plug the TB nipples.
This is a good idea but not necessary. I didnt do it to mine but if you have plugs use 'em. Maybe just try to use the other hose to loop the two nipples on the TB and be doen with it. I may go do this to mine.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
OG 3.x^7 rawr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
there is enough tubing to loop it. I may get something longer because it looks like its putting a little stress on it.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CleanCL I remember when you and I had talked about that MDX spacer, I tried putting mine on this past summer and my hood wouldn't close all the way afterward. Do you CL guys have more room under the hood than us TL guys??
Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...8#post10208868

NOW im hating
Old 11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Unregistered user

az community - 21
nupe - 0
Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 2003TL-S
CleanCL I remember when you and I had talked about that MDX spacer, I tried putting mine on this past summer and my hood wouldn't close all the way afterward. Do you CL guys have more room under the hood than us TL guys??
I never got a chance to install it. I was going to sell it to see if someone else wanted to try it. But if it won't clear yours, then it probably won't clear a CL, but I still think there's room. You didn't have the P2R Power Plenums did you?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

I never got a chance to install it. I was going to sell it to see if someone else wanted to try it. But if it won't clear yours, then it probably won't clear a CL, but I still think there's room. You didn't have the P2R Power Plenums did you?
Nope no plenums. I was a little silly though and wasted a little money on it as I had it coated by HPC, same as Jet hot, before I tried to get it to fit. It was just too tall. I will try and find that thing again since I am going to be buying spacers I will throw that in there again and will hopefully try and take some pictures.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

SWEET !!

. . . and looks like you'll be setting the bar for a new N/A best track time.

Ruf

Last edited by RUF87; 11-21-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: edits
Old 11-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RUF87

SWEET !!

. . . and looks like you'll be setting the bar for a new N/A best track time.

Ruf
yea it looks like that will be early next season. Track seanson is about all done here
Old 11-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2003TL-S
Nope no plenums. I was a little silly though and wasted a little money on it as I had it coated by HPC, same as Jet hot, before I tried to get it to fit. It was just too tall. I will try and find that thing again since I am going to be buying spacers I will throw that in there again and will hopefully try and take some pictures.
I thought I once heard someone say that our hoods could be raised?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:48 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by phee
he's always been a punk.. here or v6- trying to make paul look like the bad guy.. hah..

he's like one of those trust fund kiddies that thinks they're better than everyone else and deserves the world on their platter.. except he doesn't have the trust fund..
Old 11-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Suzuka Master

I thought I once heard someone say that our hoods could be raised?
There are a few old hot rod tricks people pull to raise the hood. I think the CL hood has more clearance than the TL, but I can't be 100% certain.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:23 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

There are a few old hot rod tricks people pull to raise the hood. I think the CL hood has more clearance than the TL, but I can't be 100% certain.
Is that spacer actually made from aluminum or is it some sort of plastic made to look shiny?
Old 11-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Racer

nice numbers, still wanna know what car that is in your avatar --- cuz it doesnt look like a "CL" like you told me...
Old 11-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ralphie917
nice numbers, still wanna know what car that is in your avatar --- cuz it doesnt look like a "CL" like you told me...
nevermind, found out it was an RL... So still wondering why you would this would be our PM

-----------
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
what kind of car is that in your avatar???
LOL same car in yours man. lol your funny
cant be... can it? --- unless the photo effect is playing tricks on my eyes, the headlights look different, the grill looks different, and the bumper is for sure different (unless its a pic of the kitted concept CLS)...
yea im pretty sure its all the photo effect

------------
just love playing games ehhh?
Old 11-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Unregistered user

nevermind, found out it was an RL... So still wondering why you would this would be our PM

-----------
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
what kind of car is that in your avatar???
LOL same car in yours man. lol your funny
cant be... can it? --- unless the photo effect is playing tricks on my eyes, the headlights look different, the grill looks different, and the bumper is for sure different (unless its a pic of the kitted concept CLS)...
yea im pretty sure its all the photo effect

------------
just love playing games ehhh?
he's a joke seriously....

its an acura rl a-spec concept:

his pwnage posted by phee
Originally Posted by phee
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10208868#post10208868
Old 11-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Banned

My bad dude, I honestly thought it was some kind os artistic picture of a CL. I had it so long that I dont even remember where I got it from
Old 11-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned

Damn I wish there was a to make that spacer fit could I would surely take it off your hands. I guess the only other option would be to cut a hole in the hood and fabricate some kind of backwards scoup over it that doesnt throw off the arodynamics off the hood.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Is that spacer actually made from aluminum or is it some sort of plastic made to look shiny?
Full aluminum.

Damn I wish there was a to make that spacer fit could I would surely take it off your hands. I guess the only other option would be to cut a hole in the hood and fabricate some kind of backwards scoup over it that doesnt throw off the arodynamics off the hood.
Only one way to find out... buy it from me. I'm selling the spacer and gaskets all together for less than you would pay for it new. And it is brand new. And to lift the hood, why not try something like this:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...oducts_id=2003
I don't think you will need much clearance, the CL hood is different from the TL hood.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Banned

Full aluminum.

Only one way to find out... buy it from me. I'm selling the spacer and gaskets all together for less than you would pay for it new. And it is brand new. And to lift the hood, why not try something like this:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...oducts_id=2003
I don't think you will need much clearance, the CL hood is different from the TL hood.
LOL I can tell you right now that wit the plenums adding that spacer will require the hood to be raised much higher than that.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
your douchetastic
Old 11-22-2008, 04:35 PM
B A N N E D

Talk about high flow.... Thats sick.......
Old 11-22-2008, 08:16 PM
ridin slow'n'low

I couldn't post in the legendary TL thread, so I'll post here.

epic lulz @ ur expense
Old 11-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
No more flame comments over here. Next person that decides to talk nonsense and screw up this thread will have a 7 day ban.

kthxbye
Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
interesting build..nice hp gains!!!cant wait to see the 300hp crossover!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pinho
interesting build..nice hp gains!!!cant wait to see the 300hp crossover!!!
thanks man, I think she could have hit 300hp 270tq had we let her cool down some more. We did 3 quick pulls in like 10 minutes and the highest numbers were on the second run since i reset the ECU before the first run so the ECU basically relearned the motor that run and gave lower power then dumped all the fuel and timing that it saw needed which gave the higher power the second time then the last run was like 3 hp lower because the motor was hotter.

So in my opinion the key to doing good on the dyno when not tuning is the reset the ecu before you get to the dyno and drive the car hard on the way then let the motor cool down good before getting on the dyno
Old 11-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Instructor

thanks man, I think she could have hit 300hp 270tq had we let her cool down some more. We did 3 quick pulls in like 10 minutes and the highest numbers were on the second run since i reset the ECU before the first run so the ECU basically relearned the motor that run and gave lower power then dumped all the fuel and timing that it saw needed which gave the higher power the second time then the last run was like 3 hp lower because the motor was hotter.

So in my opinion the key to doing good on the dyno when not tuning is the reset the ecu before you get to the dyno and drive the car hard on the way then let the motor cool down good before getting on the dyno
You should try the test pipe. It should make more power than the hi flow cat.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AJ's Silver CL
You should try the test pipe. It should make more power than the hi flow cat.
A good high flow cat like the one I have will do the same as a test pipe.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Unregistered user

rt high flow cat is less free flowing that oem cat.

and no its not the same as a test pipe...
Old 11-26-2008, 03:17 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
werd, test pipe = no cat

hi-flo cat = a girl on period with a light flow (compared to heavy flow) so she needs a smaller tampon
Old 11-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
rt high flow cat is less free flowing that oem cat.

and no its not the same as a test pipe...
Originally Posted by nbennettksu
werd, test pipe = no cat

hi-flo cat = a girl on period with a light flow (compared to heavy flow) so she needs a smaller tampon
Ok thats cool
Old 11-26-2008, 04:11 PM
5th Gear

yea I have to get a resonator, it sounds good and all but when im chilling and driving its louder than I want. The #1 thing on my list to get right now though is one of the o2 sensor things for the cat that stops your from throwing CELs because even before the cat back my car has been constantly throwing code p420 for the high flow cat and its been killing my gas mileage.

yea for that cost my will car will just stay loud for a little bit longer, lol. Only thing im doing to her from now untill next year is to get my AEM FIC working and dyno tune, and get the o2 sensor thing to stop the CELs

I trying to be the first NA CL or TL to cross 300whp. I think all I need right now is a TB spacer and a tune and I can do it. Maybe even just the tune will do it.
I can just about guarantee it, especially since you're running rich. There is no replacement for a car/mod specific tune. Gains can be huge and the risks of breaking anything are greatly reduced as well.

Not to belabor the point, but if your gas mileage has suffered significantly, and your right foot isn't turning into lead, then you are probably running rich, which means your tuning isn't optimal, and you have the potential for serious power gains just from tuning alone. Once you get your fueling and timing curves dialed in, etc., then it will be even more of a beast. Speaking of which, since I am brand new to CL's, is there a resident tuning expert on here for these cars, and what do most of you do for tuning? Take it to a shop, buy a tuner and do it yourself, etc.?

Oh and good job so far. I'll be watching for your thread titled, "first to break the 300 NA HP mark!"
Old 11-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 6mt cls
I can just about guarantee it, especially since you're running rich. There is no replacement for a car/mod specific tune. Gains can be huge and the risks of breaking anything are greatly reduced as well.

Not to belabor the point, but if your gas mileage has suffered significantly, and your right foot isn't turning into lead, then you are probably running rich, which means your tuning isn't optimal, and you have the potential for serious power gains just from tuning alone. Once you get your fueling and timing curves dialed in, etc., then it will be even more of a beast. Speaking of which, since I am brand new to CL's, is there a resident tuning expert on here for these cars, and what do most of you do for tuning? Take it to a shop, buy a tuner and do it yourself, etc.?

Oh and good job so far. I'll be watching for your thread titled, "first to break the 300 NA HP mark!"

well for tuning its more common around here for those with just bolt ons to get a Apexi Neo. since I have a little more I had to opt for something a little better.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick Reply: P2R 3inch Cat Back installed