OBX Turbo Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OBX Turbo Manifold

So I've read up a little on turboing the cl, I was lucky enough to get a 6 speed so the trans isn't a concern for me.
I was also looking into the m90 supercharger route but don't feel too commited to cutting my hood and would love for the car to be sleeper status. I looked around a bit and found the OBX eBay manifold and wanna see if anyone has any info on them?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Racing-Turbo-Manifold-Header-98-02-Honda-Accord-V6-3-0L-J30A-T3/201632857984?hash=item2ef2413f80:m:muT77xsCzGQ9AxC WRt55DuQ
Old 06-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,390 Posts
Here is another that a member over in the 2G TL side was thinking about using and it never materialized.

It's $84 cheaper and looks similar. The only way to find out if it works is to be the 'guinea pig'.

https://www.protuninglab.com/98hoacv6rat3.html
Old 06-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Advanced

I might just have to be
I guess we will see sometime soon if I end up getting it, btw anyone know what kinda power we can make on stock injectors? I'm wanting to make about 350 to 400-450 max.
And opinions on a megasquirt 2 for tubing? Got a guy around in my area who was making about 1100hp in a 98 trans am who recommended it to me.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:05 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
There's only 2 tuning solutions I've seen work on the 6speeds in all my years - emanage blue and the AEM with custom harness by Dezod.
if you're going through with the effort to Turbo it, upgrade the injectors. Search modifying RDX injectors.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:25 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gnuts
There's only 2 tuning solutions I've seen work on the 6speeds in all my years - emanage blue and the AEM with custom harness by Dezod.
if you're going through with the effort to Turbo it, upgrade the injectors. Search modifying RDX injectors.
So you don't believe the megasquirt will work well? I looked it up in depth and the build your own comes with all sorts of info into wiring diagrams for vvti applications and such, and I was looking into the aem fic but heard it can be hit or miss.
Definitely will look into the rdx injectors as I've heard good things about them.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:59 AM
3.5 psi

I've heard many people try many things that don't pan out. Anything is possible with time, money and knowledge. Going turbo will not be cheap.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Advanced

I know it definitely won't be cheap, and knowledge is one thing I don't have enough of I think, which is why I'm asking all you guys.
But there are lots of people who swear by megasquirt around here and know how to tune it so I figure it's a safe bet.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:57 AM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Another day, another 18 year old planning to turbo his CL-S. Can easily count on both hands how many people have turbo'd their CL-S. Sorry, but I wouldn't bet on this coming to fruition.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheWeez
Another day, another 18 year old planning to turbo his CL-S. Can easily count on both hands how many people have turbo'd their CL-S. Sorry, but I wouldn't bet on this coming to fruition.
Well you can think of it that way, I'm not saying I'm 100% going to do it anyways. Just trying to get some bettered knowledge before I jump head first into it, you gotta at least respect that much. But if it does happen you can bet I'm gonna document it and post about it!
And thanks to all who's giving me the knowledge of all this stuff.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 PM
I Wanna Beer

If you use the search feature you can find post after post after post after post answering all these questions. Others have done it and they've all been asked before. The answers are all the same. Not much has changed over the years.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Advanced

If you use the search feature you can find post after post after post after post answering all these questions. Others have done it and they've all been asked before. The answers are all the same. Not much has changed over the years.
I have looked through a few posts but they mainly didn't have the exact answers I needed. Like it that specific manifold would work and people's experiences with megasquirt 2 in our cars.
I also didn't wanna have to revive a dead thread. I don't really see the issue with me just asking questions I need answers to for me to progress with this build?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
You wouldn't bet on this coming to fruition? I would bet that it won't.

No offense to OP, but you're asking waay too basic questions to be pulling off this build. Good on you for asking questions and doing your reading, but a turbo build on this application will leave you without much help. There are only a few of us with boost, and even fewer with a proper tune.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:59 PM
I Wanna Beer

Even if you're experienced, it's not cheap to turbo a CL. If you aren't experienced in custom builds, paying an experienced builder is likely the only way it's going to happen and that'll be even more expensive.

We see so many come through here looking for information on adding FI to their car and doing it on a budget. It's just not going to happen.

Here, order this super cheap turbo kit and have at it.

3.0L_V6_KIT, Accord V6 / Acura V6 Turbo Kit / 3.0L V6 Single TURBO, Acura Honda Turbo Kits, XS Power Inc.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Advanced

Talking

Even if you're experienced, it's not cheap to turbo a CL. If you aren't experienced in custom builds, paying an experienced builder is likely the only way it's going to happen and that'll be even more expensive.

We see so many come through here looking for information on adding FI to their car and doing it on a budget. It's just not going to happen.

Here, order this super cheap turbo kit and have at it.

3.0L_V6_KIT, Accord V6 / Acura V6 Turbo Kit / 3.0L V6 Single TURBO, Acura Honda Turbo Kits, XS Power Inc.
I get that I'm asking pretty basic questions and that's really my point. I know a bit about boosting a car, haven't yet had the experience myself and I want to be as careful as possible. Yes, of course I KNOW I can use good old emanage or AEM FIC or spend big money and go stand alone and I wanna figure out the best bang for the buck. I dunno if asking if the megasquirt 2 being a good ecu is too basic a question for me to ask..? I've seen many videos on people J-swapping hatches and integra's running them N/A and sometimes boosted and just wanted a second opinion.

As for the manifolds and injector questions I just wanna know what we can do with stock, I can't find a straight answer and I assume they are between 270cc-310cc and I have already been looking into RDX injectors, I read up on a post here where a guy had a j32a3 (Those weird round headers) and they didn't fit very well, which is why i asked if anyone used the OBX ones because thats the same brand the mentioned person used, I do have a welder and there's a machine shop near who I know can bend the tubing for me no issue so I just wanna know what I'm getting into. But enough me trying to defend myself, I just wanna know the opinions on a megasquirt 2 and that's about all at this point. We will see sometime in the future if I go all the way with this idea!
Old 06-16-2018, 06:20 PM
Advanced

Okay so i looked around a little more after seeing that a few people don't like the complicated setup on Megasquirt and now im looking between the E-Manage Ultimate or a flashpro with the later model ecu... Anyone have experience with this?

I don't need the complete control of the engine that a standalone would give me, just need to add some fuel and pull timing here and there because i'm not gonna be pushing a whole lot of power (between 350-400)
Old 06-16-2018, 10:42 PM
3.5 psi

Never heard of anyone using either of those. There are many tuning solutions for 2004+ TL, TSX that just don't work on our cars.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gnuts
Never heard of anyone using either of those. There are many tuning solutions for 2004+ TL, TSX that just don't work on our cars.
Okay well maybe I didn't understand properly but hondata says the 99-03 Tl's can use the later model flashpro with the corresponding ecu... so I'm not sure, I know there's a place around the block who tunes megasquirt but the street tune alone they said is gonna run 500 bones.