Need Experts Directions in my Acura CL Type S 2001

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Experts Directions in my Acura CL Type S 2001

Hello All hope you guys having great time,
There are basically some issues in my Brothers Cars which i am finding very hard to diagnose, like

1, the misfire noise as if the the Dog is coughing that comes when the car is standing idle often, ever since the mobile machenic which i had for changing the tapid cover packing of both sides as well as valve cover,
after which the car was not getting start, so as per him someone before left the spark plugs loose and the distance between the sparking area were not equal, which he cleaned and did, after which car did start but this kept happening and still on,

2, The power steering system noise, i saw on youtube i thought there might be an air in system which i got helped from youtube to take out after which when i started and check the sounds remain there,
though the other vides tells there are O-rings underneath the pump which acura cl often have a problem of sucking in the air, so i just changed it too but...

3, saddest thing is the car is not starting now, ever since my Brother drove his car to the workplace during on n of raining of hurricane harvey, as per his words there was like high water in which car kept running when he reached and when he came back, but on coming back he felt RPM started dropping, so he kept the accelrator pedal pressed all time, than after few dayswhen i started car i saw so many lights, VSA Break lamp, Check engine, but the Code was only of P0135 which found to be of Bank 1 Sensor 1, i restarted and during the Power steering air bleeding thing i felt car is not starting or taking too long to start, after which i locked it

Today when i changed the Ring, and felt to start it after bleeding its not just starting, kept giving self....
What i need to know is Exact location for the Sensor that appears to be faulty as per the Code P0135 for Acura CL s
Step by Step check for the causes and checks for not starting up...
Old 09-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,391 Posts
aashiq1001, I'm far from being an expert; however, it seems that the issues outlined in #1 and #2 are the least of your brothers problems if he storm damaged the electronics/wiring of the car with water during his Harvey workplace commute.

The P0135 code pertains to the primary O2 sensor. That is the one located before the cat. converter.

Good Luck.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
No offense but your post is not readable.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir my cell phone has some Mental Disorder in keypad, i am extremely sorry to make it sense harder to understand for you guys,

I jacked up the car todays evening to change the O2 heater sensor, i noticed that there are fluid drop at the corner of Steering Box as well as somewhere near tire rod area of driver side...not sure if this sucks air or make steering hard or make cause of noise in the pump or hard steering,

i change the o ring also the sounds gone but steering is unable to move, its rock solid hard as if there is no pump there...i took out the bottle today to drain out the fluid for flushing the whole system,

but car didn't start again i dont know whats wrong with it, just got sick with it, previously it did start in half a selve when i changed the sensor, when i made my brother to start the car he said he forgot to press the break before starting, may be it started for 3 seconds than got off, than i kept trying it never started again, fuel is full, oil is good, what could be the problem now?? immobilizer???
Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by aashiq1001
Sir my cell phone has some Mental Disorder in keypad
I died
Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by aashiq1001
Sir my cell phone has some Mental Disorder in keypad, i am extremely sorry to make it sense harder to understand for you guys,

I jacked up the car todays evening to change the O2 heater sensor, i noticed that there are fluid drop at the corner of Steering Box as well as somewhere near tire rod area of driver side...not sure if this sucks air or make steering hard or make cause of noise in the pump or hard steering,

i change the o ring also the sounds gone but steering is unable to move, its rock solid hard as if there is no pump there...i took out the bottle today to drain out the fluid for flushing the whole system,

but car didn't start again i dont know whats wrong with it, just got sick with it, previously it did start in half a selve when i changed the sensor, when i made my brother to start the car he said he forgot to press the break before starting, may be it started for 3 seconds than got off, than i kept trying it never started again, fuel is full, oil is good, what could be the problem now?? immobilizer???
it took me 3 reads to figure out what this says
Old 10-16-2017, 02:54 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What exactly are you trying to diagnose? You're throwing too many unrelated thing's in your diagnostics of what sounds to be a car that will crank, start, and then sputter out. Consider using a laptop to type up forum posts, you seem to be scattering your thoughts trying to use your mobile device.

If your car is sputtering out you need to figure out if it's too rich and dies from being unable to reach a stable idle AFR. Or if your fuel rail isn't seeing proper pressure to maintain idle, and turns off due to lack of fueling. Start with the cheapest and work your way up.
  1. Check vaccum connections
  2. Check plug gaps, and overall plug quality (lean or rich appearing plugs)
  3. Remove intake manifold cover and clear out the EGR ports
  4. Clean the TB and other areas that are infamous for carbon build up
  5. If the car does idle, unplug each coilpack for a few seconds and listen for the idle to get worse. If you stumble upon a coilpack that doesn't change the quality of the idle - you may have found a weak coil.
  6. Check valve lash/clearance
  7. Give up and take it to a professional if you have exhausted your realm of understanding