>> need advice on accident <<

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry >> need advice on accident <<

alright, so here's the story. i parked my car on the street and after coming out of the store, i see some fool back up straight into my car! :angryfire so now he's at a dead stop and i walk up to his car and say, "hey bro, did you know you just hit my car?" he replies "oh really? aww man i'm sorry about that." he gets out of the car and see that he DID hit my car, gets back in to pull forward. i inspect my bumper and find PAINT CHIPS and SCRATCHES! now i ask, "can i see your license and insurance?" he then replies, "whoa whoa whoa now, i didn't do anything to your car. let's call the police." i was fine with that because HE hit ME. so the police arrive. he's in a state of denial saying, "man, i didn't hit his car for s*it. this mufa is trippin." (exact quote ) so the police just had us exchange information and we went on our seperate ways.

i reported my claim to the insurance the same day. today, the insurance company from the other party contacted me and asked me what happened. i said "parked my car, went to go grab a drink, came back out, see this punk back up hitting my car." he asks, "were there any damages made to the car?" i said, "yes, there's paint chips and scratches." then he says, "well, our insured driver denies any contact with your car." NOW I'M HEATED! but i still spoke the the claim adjuster normally. then he says, "we can't really do much at this point since he says he didn't do it and you say he did."

i'm still waiting for a call back from my insurance company and see what i can do to get this mufa to PAY UP! man, this s*it sucks major @$$!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
That kinda sucks. The police didn't fill out a report? They should have at least done that.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:43 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

always have a disposable camera w/ you. You should have gotten his info anyway even before you called the cops. I'm pretty sure he's done that kind of crap before. Play nice and then deny everything when the cops get there and make you look like a freekin douche. I doubt you're gonna get anything for your damages.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:17 PM
3-piece FTW

Damn, it's going to be a hard call since it will be he says she says type of argument. Did the police report say who was at fault?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
That kinda sucks. The police didn't fill out a report? They should have at least done that.
nope
Old 10-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TypeS_boi
always have a disposable camera w/ you. You should have gotten his info anyway even before you called the cops. I'm pretty sure he's done that kind of crap before. Play nice and then deny everything when the cops get there and make you look like a freekin douche. I doubt you're gonna get anything for your damages.
the first time i asked for his information, he didn't want to give it to me. but then HE called the cops. oh well.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by htown
Damn, it's going to be a hard call since it will be he says she says type of argument. Did the police report say who was at fault?
nope, police didn't say who was at fault. no witnesses either, besides myself *sigh*
Old 10-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I Heart 6 Gears.

bro I think it will end up costing you more with going through insurance
Old 10-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
did you find your paint on his bumper? I would have your insurance company fight it....

I have this one co worker that likes to park 12" away from my car on the driver side....makes it nearly impossible to get in the car so I took a picture one day of the empty parking lot and where he is parked IN MY PARKING SPACE and showed him.

I asked him why he is so disrespectful to me? I told him that if he did that again, I was going to show the picture to our boss... Needless to say he parks properly now and does not come into my parking space....

turns out he was doing the same thing to other co workers...this guy apprantly thinks he is better than the rest of us? :hunh:
Old 10-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JDMj20acL
Old 10-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Team Owner

I think the cops screwed you by not filling out a report. It will end up a case of your word vs his.

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
did you find your paint on his bumper? I would have your insurance company fight it....
Good luck getting the insurance to fight for that on paint transfer evidence after days/weeks/months go by. Stop believing everything on CSI Miami and just watch the hot asses.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It's a he said she said type deal. Your insurance is going to go up if you make any claims off of it. That really sucks.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
I think the cops screwed you by not filling out a report. It will end up a case of your word vs his.

Good luck getting the insurance to fight for that on paint transfer evidence after days/weeks/months go by. Stop believing everything on CSI Miami and just watch the hot asses.
If he would have asked the officer to document the condition of his bumper, then he would have a much better foot to stand on. When the kid hit my last car he admitted to the cop what he did and the officer documented the damage to the car........
Old 10-09-2006, 05:56 PM
contrarian in fashion

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
keep fighting... take pics of ur car with the damages... ask the insurance company to come and check it out...

after i had an accident with my integra... it took me 8 months for a settlement. i was at the point of just giving up till i took the bitch to court and won!

hang in there homie... and be persistant!!!! call everyday, dont let them no that they are gettin to u!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ive been in a situation like the one you are in 2 times...both times it ended up coming out of my pocket.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JDMj20acL
well, i'm hoping that he is gonna pay for everything. i'm not gonna fork out close to 500+ just to have my bumper repainted when it should he his punk ass insurance paying for it. i'll just have to wait and see.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

I got screwed like that once.....very minor, but the fact that the bimbo lied got her out of it.

I would bug their insurance and tell them to go check out the damage on the other guy's truck....but make sure they do it. The bimbo that hit me dragged it out, saying she didn't have time to go in to let them see it....press that dude's insurance to go out to his place of work to check it out. The bimbo that hit me had plenty of time to get the scrapes buffed out and fixed.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Team Owner

Show us some pics. Have you taken it to a body shop yet? Any quotes on getting it fixed?

Any chance you can call back the police precinct and speak to the officers that responded to the accident. Explain to them what you are going through and see if they are willing to speak to your insurance company. Maybe that will be enough for your insurance company to fight for your case.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Former 6 speed crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
atleast you know who did it/ saw him. This happened to me a month ago, came out from parking my car on the street for less than 10min so see my front/driverside pushed the hell in and NO ONE in sight. Just got it fixed last weekend ($300, buddy works at an auto body shop), looks better than before though (paint match is flawless)

good luck though man, get an est. might not be that much to fix yourself
Old 10-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Team Owner

^^^

I'd rather not know. I've come back to my car a couple times and found dings on it. I was pissed, but that happens. If I actually saw someone do it and then their insurance company said that they deny it, I would be fuming.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gsrblack
I got screwed like that once.....very minor, but the fact that the bimbo lied got her out of it.

I would bug their insurance and tell them to go check out the damage on the other guy's truck....but make sure they do it. The bimbo that hit me dragged it out, saying she didn't have time to go in to let them see it....press that dude's insurance to go out to his place of work to check it out. The bimbo that hit me had plenty of time to get the scrapes buffed out and fixed.
the adjuster from the other insurance said to me that if they don't find any damages from the other vehicle, they have to drop it (something like that). that dude was driving like a 1967 chevy camaro. his bumper was like metal with rubber trim. i didn't see any damage on his car at the time of the accident. metal bumper on plastic =
Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Racer

Show us some pics. Have you taken it to a body shop yet? Any quotes on getting it fixed?

Any chance you can call back the police precinct and speak to the officers that responded to the accident. Explain to them what you are going through and see if they are willing to speak to your insurance company. Maybe that will be enough for your insurance company to fight for your case.
i'll try to take some pics this afternoon. i've had it repaired before for the same situation. but the person before was very cooperative and admitted to all damages. everything went smoothly. it was roughly 500 for the repair. i do have the info card with the officer's badge number. maybe that'll help me somehow.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Racer

^^^

I'd rather not know. I've come back to my car a couple times and found dings on it. I was pissed, but that happens. If I actually saw someone do it and then their insurance company said that they deny it, I would be fuming.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Keep on bitching at your INS company. There are tons of loop holes and usually what they say is what they know. Keep on talking and if you don't get any where with someone on the bottom. Climb your way up talking to Sups or managers. Demand your respect!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
500 for a bumper repaint is WAY too much...you need to shop around. you are bound to know someone that can get your bumper resprayed for less than 200.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
500 for a bumper repaint is WAY too much...you need to shop around. you are bound to know someone that can get your bumper resprayed for less than 200.
whoops, forgot to mention, the 500 was for front and rear bumper.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Dude

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
^^^Werd, i got my front bumper repainted for 150 with lifetime warrenty (protects from bubbling and that sort of stuff). Sorry i can't provide any assistance but good luck with everything, fools are out there.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Racer

look you got his info if the insurance company doesnt do anything just pay a visit to his place a residence with a couple of friends and get creative