My paint sucks...it's FADING out in some spots!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 06:52 PM
Not a Registered User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My paint sucks...it's FADING out in some spots!!!

Yea, it's FADING to a lighter, almost white looking grey, it's hard to notice (depends on the lighting, sometime easily noticeable)...At first i thought it might've been something i did wrong (not washing the car enough, or washing it wrong, causing the paint to fade) but WTF ??? how could you wash a car wrong and wipe off the paint !?!?!?...it's only in some spots, and the paint is kind of "rippled" on one of my rear fenders (forget which one)...
anyone else have these problems...???... (i only posted about this now cause of some guy said on the forum Acura agreed that some CL's paint/panels are were assembled wrong or something, up untill now i thought it might've been something i did!!!)
Old 10-16-2002, 07:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless your car is like more than 5 years old and you never wax it, your paint should not fade! I am about to go out and check on my car to see if I have those ripples that were talked about in the other thread. If I have them, I'm gonna go talk to the service about it. Hopefully I'm alright. I don't know what I'd do if my car needs a total repaint. That would suck! I always thought that the paint from the factory would be the best, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Go talk to service and see what they say. I just know that I experienced the poor assembly on my car when I bought it.