my CL-S was tapped after movies!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
my CL-S was tapped after movies!

i had my first car accident today. so i was leaving the movie threatres after watching a movie with my girl. i put my car into reverse and waited with my reverse lights on for two cars next to me to leave. backed my car out 1/4 of the way. car right behind me, a 1992 gold nissan maxima started to back out now. i stopped and tapped my horn. he went back into his space a little. a green oddessy was waiting for us now. now i think that hes letting me go first since i waited for a little while with my lights on, started backing out first, and had my car out more. now i started backing out again. when i was 1/2 way out, he started backing up again. i stopped, held my horn and he just kept going until he hit me. so we went back into our spots, and exchanged info. he was 18-21 years old. there was no visible damage to his car. you could see lines in the paint where the bumper went in. both sides of the bumper where the license plate fits has chipped, bends and creases. a 8 inch white scuff mark is above my license plate. my chrome ACURA license plate frame is also bent badly. that may be the worst part of it. here are some photos with my phone, i will be taking more with my camera tomorrow. i plan to use the insurance money to buy me a good used or new bumper with all the hardware or at least what i need and install it myself, ill just pocket the difference. no one was hurt, but its just a hassle. but hopefully ill get some money and a new bumper. so if you guys have any extras around i might consider it. ill update you guys with the insurance info including how much they are offering. any suggestions for body shop places? i live in 916 and want a local place.

The highlighted areas are where the noticable damage is.

Car that hit me, no damage at all.

Highlighted are the creases and the bend in my license plate frame.

Creases on the opposite side

cracks from the paint where the bumper bent in.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Registered Losers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is all fun and jokes (dont mean to be a dick, but)

kinda sounds like your happy about it,

I got my new car today yeah!!! is the same as

I got into my first accident today, YEAH!!

YEAH!!!! my first accident, this is how it went,

i was driving down (?), well i was driving and blah blah blah...

Old 07-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thats gay as shit, i hate it when that shit happens....

i was f-ing backed out all the way one time, and about to throw it in Drive, and this bitch decides to back out and hits me,not much damage but still... she freaked out and promised to pay because she knew it was her fault, but my dumbass decided to involve the cops just to be safe cause i was SURE it wasnt my fault since i was all the way out of my spot....the damn cop decided it wasnt anyone's fault and said to claim from our own insurance companies for damages...i was like "f that" and just went on my way and got it fixed by my friend's body shop instead of claiming it cause that would have caused my insurance to go up....ppl are retarded as shit sometimes...i hate dumb drivers...i live in Columbia, SC during the school year, home of the worst drivers in the US according to MSN lol...
Old 07-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Rollin the SRT8 or my CLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shitty. I've been fortunate.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Missing my

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by thevikas87
thats gay as shit, i hate it when that shit happens....

i was f-ing backed out all the way one time, and about to throw it in Drive, and this bitch decides to back out and hits me,not much damage but still... she freaked out and promised to pay because she knew it was her fault, but my dumbass decided to involve the cops just to be safe cause i was SURE it wasnt my fault since i was all the way out of my spot....the damn cop decided it wasnt anyone's fault and said to claim from our own insurance companies for damages...i was like "f that" and just went on my way and got it fixed by my friend's body shop instead of claiming it cause that would have caused my insurance to go up....ppl are retarded as shit sometimes...i hate dumb drivers...i live in Columbia, SC during the school year, home of the worst drivers in the US according to MSN lol...
I think any time there's an accident in a parking lot, there is no such thing as an at fault accident. The police are no help in that situation because it's private property, so all they can do it mediate.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Suzuka Master

do you think i should file a claim? its obviously their fault. i dont want my rates to go up.

any suggestions for me?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Suzuka Master

and how many things can i "ride" along with the accident?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Missing my

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
File a claim through the other guy's insurance. I'm not sure what you mean by "ride", but you're better off dealing on that kind of stuff with the shop, instead of the insurance company. Getting his insurance company to even pay anything will be a challenge. Do you remember what company he was insured through?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Suzuka Master

farmers. what you mean by dealing with the shop? dont i have to file a claim with my insurance co. and let them contact his company?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
file a claim with the other drivers insurance. i had an incident very similar to that and i was awarded 900 somethin bucks by farmers.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Suzuka Master

really? i thought i was supposed to do it to mine. well ill contact my agent tomorrow and ask her. are you guys sure im supposed to file with the other company? i dont want to make a mistake.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tnobori1
I think any time there's an accident in a parking lot, there is no such thing as an at fault accident. The police are no help in that situation because it's private property, so all they can do it mediate.

i learned that the hard way...i should have just let the idiot pay for the damage caused to my car....i had a feeling police would do no good as usual...i should have stuck with it, damn i hate the cops sometimes...(***sometimes)
Old 07-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Suzuka Master

the police was not contacted at the time. i was gonna file a report tomorrow. what you guys think?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why even let your insurance company know anything? there is no point. they are not paying anything out so you shouldnt risk telling them you were in an accident. its an excuse to raise your rates. file with the other persons insurance and be done with it.