Mothers Scratch remoer in comparison to Meguiar Scratch X??

Old 08-05-2002, 12:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mothers Scratch remoer in comparison to Meguiar Scratch X??

OK folks, sorry about posting it to this forum intitially, but I just had to find out from someone wether the Meguiars Scratch X will produce the same result as the Mothers scratch remover??

I purchased a bottle of the Mothers today (since I bought the gold car wash which is supposed to be the sheetz) and decided to stick with the Mothers products. Unfortunately the results were decent, but still left some of the scratches (I have this very light key mark from the last time I left my car at the dealer which starts on the driver side door (about a milimeter or so), and continues about an inch onto the rear quarter panel [PS don't ask why I didn't ask them at that time about it..after getting my car back after a month I was just glad to get it back!!]). Also the scratch remover didn't do much for the globs of 'crap' that was left over from the previous attempts I had tried to do a little 'preventative' scratch maintenance , I was actually expecting better results ob the globs.

OK anyways back to the point, how does the Meguiar's Scratch X compare to the Mothers product? If it's worth it i'll go out and buy a bottle
Old 08-05-2002, 12:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i was in atlanta me and a co-worker rented a car and after hitting the bars in buckhead, he accidently scrapped the front of our dark gray camary into the wall while backing out of a parking lot. well we rushed to the nearest target and rubbed a shit load of it on and looked 10X better than it did. got all of the white paint off, which was from the wall.

we then dropped the rental off 5:00am so they wouldn't notice. overall i would say go for it its only 7 bucks