Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by zeta View Post
Lance, I googled Acura:
#83533-S3M-A702A; Front door lining; right side, black
#83583-S3M-A702A; Front door lining; left side, black

#12 and 15 on the part pictorial

FRONT DOOR LINING for 2003 Acura CL

2003 Acura CL 2 Door SPORT (NAVIGATION) KA 5AT Front Door Lining

However, just because they are listed may not mean they are readily available and may have been discontinued. Sometimes these webstores don't update their parts lists in a timely manner.
They weren't in stock when I ordered. I went through emails with them and another warehouse. Thanks for researching, looks like we're both on the same track but those door pieces are just so rare for new.
The following users liked this post:
zeta (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 05:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 544 Likes on 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura32CLSRocketShip View Post
One thing I could not find anywhere is the "silver" plastic that goes around the shifter. It got scratched up over the years... Where can I find the replacement? Or should I just plan on having it repainted?
Try an OEM parts vendor #35 on the link below:

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...t-console-scat

Originally Posted by Lance10 View Post

Right out of body shop

Acura dealer redone the fog lights, 2 year old paint

Still in body ship but front end was totally repainted
exotics.
Looking Good!

Hey Lance10, check your "private mail". I sent you a potential project suggestion for the CL.
The following 2 users liked this post by zeta:
Acura32CLSRocketShip (06-24-2019), Lance10 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

Alrighty. Not sure how to check that but will dig around and find. Thanks as always.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by zeta View Post
Try an OEM parts vendor #35 on the link below:

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...t-console-scat

Looking Good!

Hey Lance10, check your "private mail". I sent you a potential project suggestion for the CL.

Mine is the titanium and it's so hard to find. Sold out
Old 06-24-2019, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 544 Likes on 469 Posts
Alrighty. Not sure how to check that but will dig around and find. Thanks as always.
Just 'click' the drop down menu on your username in the upper right hand corner. You'll see a selection for 'Private Messages'.
Lance10 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

I used ingall and eibach, I don't think it was to pricey but it was the install that was a challenge.
After trying 3 different brands now. The Koni adjustable ones in my opinion are the best.

The next thought after redoing (again) the brakes is the idea of going back to larger wheels to accommodate Brembo 332mm big brake kit. I love the stock look but even with several variations of pads and calipers, it really hurts on track days to replace parts mid day.

If I do go 18 inch, I'd like to keep the Acura conservative look. I love being able to park the car anywhere and nobody parks inches from me or stares in my windows.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

Thinking about other lessons learned.
1. Color lights on the outside, 5th try so far. They have not been reliable partly because the car is lowered, partly due to the install, partly due to the quality of LED's for long term daily use. I have tried different brands and different installers, same unreliable results. Attached is the new brand I will try.

2. Brakes. Nothing stock stops well, even on my new Acura, the brakes are not worthy of a performance car. Tiny and underpowered for aggressive and at 10 minutes at Sebring they're already faded with another 5 minutes being the transmission heat popup. I have tried every pad combination and either it digs into the rotor or after 15 minutes on track the brake fade is too severe. Bad cooling and the stock wheels I presume are also partly at fault.

3. Blind spot sensor. Don't lower your car and expect these to work anywhere close to the new stock. I even had the dealer purchase a new system for 2018 models and custom retrofit. Still didn't work as well. Also if you have a k40, you have to turn off three back laser deflector so that it doesn't constantly beeped. Basically either/or...

4. Transmission. The Honda one recommended has been the greatest change and most reliable. All day on track, the 2003 Acura never even slips, the new 2019 TLX sport not only gives transmission popups but goes limp after 1 session.

5. Cameras. After 3 different installs of 360 cameras, still disappointed compared to stock 360 systems. It's advanced so much in 5 years, but there's still little bugs to be worked out. The worst is the overall design of our cars. If you lower the car it's especially impossible. I had the dealer custom make me one in the Acura symbol as it's the highest place in the front of the car, it still doesn't catch enough to make a good 360 system work in the front part of the car. As you are all aware, our cars are very long and narrow, also making it hard on 360 systems.

Wheels/ tires. On the stock 17 inch rims, I found the 235x45 combination to ride and fit the best. It does lower the wheel by I think .2 but I feel better handling especially on fast curves like turn 17 at Sebring.

Seat covers. After replacing seat covers, while they look new and nice, eventually they will not last and I think I will try an aftermarket option with nicer leather and more reliable material on the drivers entry side.

Better tire size for car

The white set of lights for door opening have been flawless

The second set of lights on the car are colored RGB and have never worked reliably.

Trying this brand next. The white controller is the old system controller.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Some things that have held up well through 3 years

Speaker system install and overall design. The JL 12TW3 were great options because I wanted to keep my trunk space.
Attached is 3 years of abuse...

The cameras for front look great and are as high as a mounting point we can go aesthetically.
Attached as well

Trunk space still great with 2 subs and 2 amps accessible from other side. 1200W mono and 800W new JL for rest.

Camera installed in three bottom of A, hidden. The LED lights at night have to be off or it blurs 360 vision.
Acura32CLSRocketShip (06-28-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 07:41 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 15,076 Likes on 11,224 Posts
Intrigued...
hmmm...
interesting thread.
Lance10 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:04 AM
Love the VAG

Received 4,794 Likes on 2,930 Posts
Subbed. Definitely an interesting build for sure.

I still have a bunch of CL parts laying around if you're interested, such as my big brake kit with 4 piston calipers from a later model RL.
Old Today, 03:03 PM
CL-S 6Speed is rarely in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about other lessons learned.
1. Color lights on the outside, 5th try so far. They have not been reliable partly because the car is lowered, partly due to the install, partly due to the quality of LED's for long term daily use. I have tried different brands and different installers, same unreliable results. Attached is the new brand I will try.

2. Brakes. Nothing stock stops well, even on my new Acura, the brakes are not worthy of a performance car. Tiny and underpowered for aggressive and at 10 minutes at Sebring they're already faded with another 5 minutes being the transmission heat popup. I have tried every pad combination and either it digs into the rotor or after 15 minutes on track the brake fade is too severe. Bad cooling and the stock wheels I presume are also partly at fault.

3. Blind spot sensor. Don't lower your car and expect these to work anywhere close to the new stock. I even had the dealer purchase a new system for 2018 models and custom retrofit. Still didn't work as well. Also if you have a k40, you have to turn off three back laser deflector so that it doesn't constantly beeped. Basically either/or...

4. Transmission. The Honda one recommended has been the greatest change and most reliable. All day on track, the 2003 Acura never even slips, the new 2019 TLX sport not only gives transmission popups but goes limp after 1 session.

5. Cameras. After 3 different installs of 360 cameras, still disappointed compared to stock 360 systems. It's advanced so much in 5 years, but there's still little bugs to be worked out. The worst is the overall design of our cars. If you lower the car it's especially impossible. I had the dealer custom make me one in the Acura symbol as it's the highest place in the front of the car, it still doesn't catch enough to make a good 360 system work in the front part of the car. As you are all aware, our cars are very long and narrow, also making it hard on 360 systems.

Wheels/ tires. On the stock 17 inch rims, I found the 235x45 combination to ride and fit the best. It does lower the wheel by I think .2 but I feel better handling especially on fast curves like turn 17 at Sebring.

Seat covers. After replacing seat covers, while they look new and nice, eventually they will not last and I think I will try an aftermarket option with nicer leather and more reliable material on the drivers entry side.

Better tire size for car

The white set of lights for door opening have been flawless

The second set of lights on the car are colored RGB and have never worked reliably.

Trying this brand next. The white controller is the old system controller.
I can't believe I just read this entire thread. Awesome work and dedication. I have been running the 235/45/17 tire size on my CLS-6 for ten years. Agreed: best size for looks and handling. I did swap out my factory wheels for a set of 2007 Civic Si Wheels some years back though. Acura center caps fit perfectly. Someday I'll do something with the OEM rims. They sit in my basement along with a few other sets of OEM wheels from other vehicles...lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.