Inner and out tie rod / radius rod part #'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Inner and out tie rod / radius rod part #'s

Ok, so the car is getting the transmission done finally. Taking this time to fill my kitchen up with parts to redo the front end (126k, its time). Since my previously fight with a curb the car still as a small drift to the right despite every technician that has looked at it, every alignment machine saying its fine. Well CL-Progression pointed out how badly my caster was out of wack ().

So far I have tein basics and rear ingalls smartarms. Going to get ingalls adj. front control arms. I also want to replace the inner and outer rods... I think my brain is fried on this suspension stuff.. Was wondering if someone could confirm the parts I want are:

#11 & 13 here:
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

and #6 & 8 here:
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

I will likely try the moog radius bushings also. And the thread I could find about the possible use of Prelude solid lower arm bushings seems to have died, as did the vendor link. Was there ever a confirmation on any better lower arm bushing options?

Thanks and sorry for the long thread everyone!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Racer

Oh and I assume I might as well get the inner tie rod arm (x2) as well?... referred to as item #1 in the first link?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:00 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
you are MUCH more likely to bend the front sub frame than bend the radius rod bushing. this is because when u hit something u are actually pulling the radius rod from it's mounting point in the sub frame on initial impact. so its tendancy to bend through stretching isn't as easy as a little bend in the sub frame :-(. if u were to somehow hit the wheel the other way going backwards on the front wheel then u'd likely just bend the arm.

a car slammed into my passenger wheel at 50km.h difference and twisted the whole frame of the car and the radius rod was barely bent at all. the sub frame however got pulled back toward the cabin since it's not that strong and the radius rod IS very strong. Both sub frames were replaced and the car is still not 100% visually with respect to the wheel location in the wheel well but no one can notice. I had to grind down the radius rod in order to increase my caster since the side that was hit was off by 1 degree (1/2 inch) so I ground off 1/2 inch on the radius rod to slide the washer back and thus increased my caster so carr drives like it's on rails again. gotta do what u gotta do when an accident comes along.

sorry for the bad news but i'd get a frame shop to measure everything out perfectly to ensure there is no frame damage.

these car's frames are not that strong considering their weight as i found out unfortunately

Last edited by CL-S progression 01; 08-05-2011 at 11:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CLSspeedx (08-05-2011)
Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Racer

Thanks again CL... Anything that is bent is actually from almost a year ago when I was at the bank drive through... They had a curb that was about 8" high and i hit it when the wheel was fully turned to the left... I actually wasn't going very fast at all. :/ I know we changed two things out--tie rod and lower control arm. It was such a minor bend we had trouble visually identifying it until further inspection.

Maybe I'll wait on some of the stuff as my acura order is already over 200 bucks just to get all the stuff the Teins require you to reuse.

Hoped to solve the issue in one trip, but maybe I'll just do the upper control arms and the teins... see what is next *sigh*
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
I just installed some new inner and outers both sides and rear camber arms today myself.
I only payed 35 bucks shipped for the inner and outers.
CLSspeedx (08-06-2011)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by richardparker
I just installed some new inner and outers both sides and rear camber arms today myself.
I only payed 35 bucks shipped for the inner and outers.
Wow great price! What vendor did you use if you don't mind me asking?

I went a little crazy and got new upper and lower control arms, stabilizer bar links for all for corners, and front and rear stabilizer bar bushings. I also bought all the components the tein basics required to be reused, so I can assemble the struts ahead of time and cut down on labor (if I don't decide to crawl around on gravel and do it myself). I would definitely pick up the inner and outers for that price while I'm at it.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:39 PM

They were actually cheaper than 35 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
I've bought everything before too. it's better to do it all at once.
CLSspeedx (08-08-2011)
Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by richardparker
I've bought everything before too. it's better to do it all at once.

Agreed! Better to do it all at once for everything but my wallet!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:03 PM

Heard that.
Just came back from vaction
My wallet often goes from fat to flat.The CL has flatend the wallet many times.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Racer

LOL yes! Just ordered, just under $37 they got me for sales tax! But in state seller should be here when my other stuff starts rolling in lol. Thx again