I need help, guys!! Engine does NOT turn!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 03:45 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I need help, guys!! Engine does NOT turn!

Hi, guys. I need tons of help!!
First of all, my 2001 CL-S was having a radiator problem and leaked lots of coolant. Found the leak in the tube, got it fixed. Since that got fixed, I thought my raging temperture gauge will go down, and it did...untill some fool hit the right front side of my car, damaging the right corner of bumper, headlight, and the foglamp/light. Then the temperture started going way above the red again. After this incident, the coolant drains very weird. Sometimes I look and there's nothing. Sometimes I look and there's coolant overflowing in the reserve tank, but the other tank is dry. Whenever I refill, the temperture stays okay. While having these problems, my CL does the same weird thing alot of people are experiencing; VSA light comes on, and the malfunction indicator light came on at the same time VSA started popping out. And I do the same, turning the car off and on, then VSA light would go away. The malfunction indicator light dissapeared once or twice since then but it's normally on.

Three days ago, I just went to the local grocery store and came home, no problem. It started just fine, drove smoothly. The very next day, ready to go to work, And the Car wont start, it just cranks but wont turn, couple of times it started to turn but just fell out flat in 1-2secs. Theres No Clicking sound so i know its not the starter?? Any Ideas any help on where my coolant is going cause there is no leaks but i have to refill it at least 1 time every 2 weeks. And ideas on why it wont start...?? SOrry for the long post any help would be great thanks people!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you blew a head gasket when it over heated and the water is leaking into the oil pan.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:55 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, def. check your oil. if you blew a headgasket, all of your coolant might have drained into the oil. possibly causing a catastrophe. your oil will look milky if there is water in it.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Loose Cannon

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Zippee
Sounds like you blew a head gasket when it over heated and the water is leaking into the oil pan.

sounds about right, unfortunately....
Old 08-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Loose Cannon

wouldnt burning coolant create a smokestack out the exhaust? or is his catalytic just getting super clogged right now?
Old 08-13-2006, 01:08 AM
o1s
Drifting

if it's burning, it will look like a steam powered car. if it is just draining through the oil galley(sp) then it will run into the oilpan eventually.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:11 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for all of your responses, guys! The thing is, that I have never seen any smoke coming out of the hood or the exhaust. When it started over heating in the begining, I saw a little bit of smoke from the hood but it was just kinda like the "steam" from a kettle. Not like a steam boat at all. I'm going to check the oil stick and the oil pan and see if it's milkey, but the last time I checked, it was just separating, (the oil part and the coolant part) but was not milkey.

Do you guys think all these things (over heating, the mulfanction indicator light, and the engine not turning) are related to one another? Like one cause the other and as a result the car is dead?

At first, I was thinking the oxygen sensor...could it be that sending wrong information to all the parts in the engine causing everything to mulfanction?
I'm so tired of catching the cab everywhere...
I know fixing the head gasket is a major hole in the wallet....I wish I can just wake up from this nightmare...and my CL is still riding smoothly...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by midookie
I'm going to check the oil stick and the oil pan and see if it's milkey, but the last time I checked, it was just separating, (the oil part and the coolant part) but was not milkey.
If there is water in the oil you have a blown head gasket, milky or not.

Do you guys think all these things (over heating, the mulfanction indicator light, and the engine not turning) are related to one another? Like one cause the other and as a result the car is dead?
Probably started when it overheated which caused the head gasket to blow which allowed water into the oil.........
Old 08-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
It definately sounds like the head gasket is blown. Did you get a chance to check the oil yet?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:24 PM
o1s
Drifting

spun bearing could cause the engine to seize. water can def. do a little of that damage.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by o1s
spun bearing could cause the engine to seize. water can def. do a little of that damage.
So could a cylinder full of water which is very likely if the head gasket is leaking.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Loose Cannon

I'm going to check the oil stick and the oil pan and see if it's milkey, but the last time I checked, it was just separating, (the oil part and the coolant part) but was not milkey.

DUDE, i like how you say " the last time i checked it was just seperating the oil part and the coolant part."

What the hell do you mean by this?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Instructor

i have noticed the VSA issue in my car.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:01 AM
o1s
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zippee
So could a cylinder full of water which is very likely if the head gasket is leaking.
well he said that he didn't notice it burning anything when he drove it.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by o1s
well he said that he didn't notice it burning anything when he drove it.
It is very possible that the water is kept out of the chamber by the combustion pressure, or the amount being burned is not enough to see in the mirror. When the engine is shut down water enters the chamber, get enough and you have a frozen engine. It won't take a lot of water if it fills the chamber near the top of the power stroke.

Much more likely than a "spun" bearing.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:11 PM
o1s
Drifting

i guess we'll wait for him to find out.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Spun bearing, blown gasket, dead cylinder, cracked rod, or cracked crank. Either way it is pretty costly tearing into the engine. Sometimes people just buy a new short block to over come the overspending tearing into the broke engine. Sorry to hear the issue man. If it was the Oxy sensor you'd know, a dumby light would come on and your car would still crank. If it was the cat converter your check engine light would be blinking, yet your car would still crank.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
10th Gear

Thanks guys for all the opinions. Well, I'm a "she" not a "he" so please excuse my amature terminology. Okay, since then, I had my car towed to my uncle's factory because he has his own trusted mechanic. I've been waiting for his diagnosis and come to find out, my uncle has been in Korea for business and won't be back until this weekend. Sorry for the slow process but if you're still interested in helping me I'd appreciate it...and I will definetely update you on how my poor CL is!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:41 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lcstyle

DUDE, i like how you say " the last time i checked it was just seperating the oil part and the coolant part."

What the hell do you mean by this?
Oh, by the way, Icsyle, I meant to say that the oil and something else was on top of each other like when you put water and oil...You know how it gets separated? And you can see the layers? Yeah, that's what I meant, dude.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

That really sucks. I hope it turns out to be something simple and stupid, rather than a blown motor.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Oh, by the way, Icsyle, I meant to say that the oil and something else was on top of each other like when you put water and oil...You know how it gets separated? And you can see the layers? Yeah, that's what I meant, dude.
Umm, thats a pretty clear indication you've got water/coolant in the oil. When you check the oil, the only thing that should be there is just that... Oil.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
where do you live?