I hate Acura service

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
I hate Acura service

I needed an oil change. I had this $19.99 coupon from an Acura dealer. They open at 7:30am so I figured I'll get over there when they open & I still have time to get to work.
So I show up at 7:25. I'm the first one there. They take the car, I tell them don't wash it & I take a seat. 8am rolls around & I inquire about my car. Well seems the service dept opens at 7:30 but the tech's don't start work untill 8am That's dumb! So I take a seat again. 8:30 comes & the sevice guy comes over to me & hands me this paper & asked if I want a brake flush at $49.99 & an intake cleaning at $129.99. I look at him with a blank stare. He then proceded to tell me my brake fluid is dirty & needs to be flushed. I then get up & tell him he's wrong cause I had SS lines put on the car in January & the fluid was flushed with good stuff then. He then says ok & walks away. I expect these add on seller things at oil change places but not an Acura dealer
8:45 comes the guy comes over & says it's almost done a few minutes more. 9:10 comes & finally it's done. I go to the cashier & pay. I walk out to my car & see they washed it anyway I look it over doesn't look like anythings messed up. I just shake my head & look at my watch. I then high tail it to work & get there at 9:35.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:45 AM
3 the Hard Way

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Acura stealership is this so I make sure not to go there?
Old 05-08-2006, 10:59 AM
3-piece FTW

I would have demanded a new paint job

Kidding, but that sucks I bet they use brushes
Old 05-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, that sounds like a Jiffy Lube.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

ed morse Acura. Only went there cause I had the coupon & it was close to a friends house I stayed at Sunday night.
I usually have my private shop I trust & know do it.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 AM
3 the Hard Way

Thanks for the info...What's the name and number for your private shop? The only good one I know of is in Fort Lauderdale.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

That sucks, Fuzzy. Sounds like my kind of luck.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:41 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I agree I think some of these dealers get thier technicians from those oil change places. I've had similar experiences at a particular Acura Dealership.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Ugh... should I be worried? I go to this 24/7 Carwash in Elizabeth on Route 1 To get my Oil changed. You think they gonna mess my car up?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkness
Thanks for the info...What's the name and number for your private shop? The only good one I know of is in Fort Lauderdale.

Stay away from the clowns at Rick Case Acura in Sunrise. If you are lucky and they diagnose a simple problem and have the part you may only have to sit there for 4 hours. Getting a loaner from them is much more difficult than pulling teeth.

They also open at 7:30 but the mechanics show at 8:00

All the work they have done so far (seat motor) (VSA light) (window motor) has broken again.

My wife drops off the Infiniti G35 and always gets a loaner.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Yes, Acura service DOES suck! I've had better Ford service.

Every time I tell them not to wash my car, they do. They're idiots.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Terigan...

My dealership is usually pretty good about stuff like that...

Although the moron did try to tell me that my rear deck rattling is normal at the volume that I keep my stereo... I'm like show me in one of the CLs you have on the lot. Still didn't fix it right, so I think i'm going to try the place by me.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Pro

My service rep told me not he preferred not to wash my car since he said it would probably look worse after they did it. At least he was actually looking out for me.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Instructor

I bought my CLS from Ed Morse...they 'Demanded' that I have the car washed and waxed before I take it home...part of that $279 dealership fee I guess! They won't stop bugging me about letters to test drive new cars and trading in mine. It's insane!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Oakroadsteve
Stay away from the clowns at Rick Case Acura in Sunrise. If you are lucky and they diagnose a simple problem and have the part you may only have to sit there for 4 hours. Getting a loaner from them is much more difficult than pulling teeth.

They also open at 7:30 but the mechanics show at 8:00

All the work they have done so far (seat motor) (VSA light) (window motor) has broken again.

My wife drops off the Infiniti G35 and always gets a loaner.
Don't go there either if your modded & expect warranty work. They refused me several times on stupid stuff. Yeah my CT Ice box is causing my valves to tick, Yeah my window tint is causing my window molding to fold under the window.
Palm Beach Acura is good they fix it & don't complain. Sure it's 35 miles & 1/4 tank of gas for me.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by mlb585
I bought my CLS from Ed Morse...they 'Demanded' that I have the car washed and waxed before I take it home...part of that $279 dealership fee I guess! They won't stop bugging me about letters to test drive new cars and trading in mine. It's insane!
That's a little different than having it washed during your service visit. Also, depends on the dealership but a lot of times, it's not even the same department. When your car is prepped for delivery, it's done by the sales team's detail crew. When it's done by service, it's done by the 17y/o service runner they hired to move cars around all day and empty the trash. - He could care less as well as the service manager.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Don't go there either if your modded & expect warranty work. They refused me several times on stupid stuff. Yeah my CT Ice box is causing my valves to tick, Yeah my window tint is causing my window molding to fold under the window.
Palm Beach Acura is good they fix it & don't complain. Sure it's 35 miles & 1/4 tank of gas for me.
My "Check engine" light just came on. As I have 1 month left on my practically worthless "Bumper to Bumper" Certified Warranty. I can expect to sit for 3 hours while Rick Case diagnoses the problem.

I think I would rather pay a mechanic in the neighborhood the 75 bucks on a Saturday than miss 3 hours work on a weekday.

Sorry to stomp on this thread but I believe it is most likely something minor like a reset. Can anyone from the forum share their own experiences with this Gremlin?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Autozone, or pepboys will check the code for free. You can also buy a $30 code reader & do it yourself.
Buying a code scanner & a service manual($100 investment) will save you alot when something goes wrong with the car.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Instructor

the reason i sold both of my acura legends and bought my CLS-6 from the stealership is so i would be able to avoid alot of the crazy maintenance costs i was having on the legends...and it just so happened that a week after i sold my coupe the couple called me and said it was overheating (which never happened to me once), so i skipped out on BHG one week early!! PHEWW!!

but yeah i was hoping that buying a newer car with a dealership warranty would help me out in that department, and so far it has, i love the service i get from my dealership. its the only ac dealership in VT and is renowned for their acura service dept around here, however the audi/vw side of the dealership supposedly is the exact opposite. but in the first month after buying my car i had two soft spots in one of my tires, a piece of interior trim was loose, and the battery died once very randomly... took it in like a week later and they replaced the tire, fixed the trim, checked all the electricals in my car and only found slightly loose battery connections, and i didnt have to pay a penny which felt really good..

..but then today i noticed that my inspection is from 04/05 and i call and was like "you guys sold me this car in the beginning of april and it was already due for inspection..whats up with that?" "oops someone fudged up on that one, bring it in first thing tomorrow morning and we'll do it for u for free" once again im pleased to know that i dont have to pay for something.

but every dealership is different unfortunately, i hope this one continues to be good to me.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darkness

Which shop is that ?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I NEED MONEY!

By an Oil Pump thing... and change your own oil... it saves the hassle...

I'm planning on buying an Oil Boy, when I move into my new town house....

Dealerships pretend like they know everything.. yet I know sometimes they are right about somethings. But some places just dont listen to their customers. I had a problem like this one at an Old place I went to, but Now I got to Ed Voyles... and they know what customer service is about!!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The coupon is used to get you in the door so that other services can be suggested where the real money is made. At $20 bucks they make nothing doing an oil change. The tech's time and 4.6 qts of oil and a filter don't last long for $20. I think it is more than obvious that this is the intent of a dealer's use of coupons. If I owned a dealership I probably wouldn't use them if I didn't have to.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Banned

Bump for the shop req....
Old 05-11-2006, 10:02 AM
3 the Hard Way

I'm not sure of the name of the shop, but it's in the Lauderhill area off of 441. It's my boy's family friend's shop. The number is @ home, but I'll be sure to post it on here for you or whoever else might want to check them out. But I still want to know where Fuzzy takes his car too, cuz you can never have too many options.

So Fuzzy, hook up that contact info for your shop!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Franks Automotive 954-781-9611. It's in Pompano Beach. Frank is a friend of mine. He had a Mobil station also in Margate & just opened this new place up.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Rod
Drifting

Yes, Acura dealers suck, at least in South Florida. Customer service has for the most part been completely forgotten about down here.

Sad to hear the latest about Rick Case Acura. It used to be a great dealership; very mod friendly and they actually knew what they were doing. They wouldn't give me much hassle, if any, regarding warranty work and service bulletins. They even used to perform the 3.5L upgrade and do all other types of performance work. But after about two years of going there I did notice their service deteriorating. I think it was mainly because the older service reps and managers left and were replaced by young punks who think they know it all. I stopped going there after I had to talk to the shop manager and some other "manager" for about a half hour in order to convince them to replace my warped rotors under warranty. They had previously addressed all my rotor and tranny issues without any hassles.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:33 AM
2003 CL-S 6SPD

So far from my previous exp (Toronto), ive had no issues with Acura guys. Fast friendly and straight to the point. Honda on the other hand... ugh. Their sales guys just rub me the wrong way.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:35 PM
3 the Hard Way

I think we all can say some stealerships are better than the others - it depends on who's running their service dept. A dept that was good 2 years ago may be no good now under new management/workforce, and vice versa. That's why forums like these are so vital, to help weed out those bad stealerships.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Franks Automotive 954-781-9611. It's in Pompano Beach. Frank is a friend of mine. He had a Mobil station also in Margate & just opened this new place up.

Thanks for your PM ..and info, but if u may ask what's so good about him and how well does he know our car. Also whats his prices like... ?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rod
Yes, Acura dealers suck, at least in South Florida. Customer service has for the most part been completely forgotten about down here.

Sad to hear the latest about Rick Case Acura. It used to be a great dealership; very mod friendly and they actually knew what they were doing.

What you talking about lol.. He did not go to Rick Case ... Sure RC have there moments but overall they seem to get the job done.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by F900
Thanks for your PM ..and info, but if u may ask what's so good about him and how well does he know our car. Also whats his prices like... ?
He's a mechanic. Works on eveything. I've known him for years. He used to be the head tech at Maroone Ford in Margate. He also races a pro car at Moroso. Does low 9's.
His prices are fair. Get to know him & they are better. He knows domestic's more cause of his backround, but he's competent, & won't cheat you.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned

Thanks fuzzy, i'll give him a call....And go from there.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,391 Posts
Originally Posted by F900
What you talking about lol.. He did not go to Rick Case ... Sure RC have there moments but overall they seem to get the job done.
Rick Case has a mechanic there named Derek, he is the only one that I let work on my S/C'd CLS-6. He worked on my car when the valves were bent, replaced the rear main seal under the TSB that was out for that defect, adjusted the rear head valve's when I heard some unusual ticking there, and will perform my clutch & pressure plate replacement when I can find an aftermarket clutch set for this car.

When I have any questions regarding potential service work, the first thing I say to the service rep is: ' Is Derek working today?' This mechanic will shoot straight with you & he knows his stuff.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Bleed Honda Blue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, been in the business for a long time! Newer car needs less maintenance (Maintenance was technicians bread and butter), warranty hours got cut and technicians are getting paid less. Better and smarter technicians moved on. Rookies and loser technicians got stuck! Don't get me wrong, there are still excellent technicians in the business. Those are what I call the selected few! But just ask any technician in the business for at least 5 years. If they were offered another job with the same pay, would they quit? Most of them would say in a flash! A lot of technicians working in dealership are getting paid less than a Pizza delivery guy. Technology is getting better year after year, and tech is getting worst! Don't know what will happen if a few years. I am just glad I got out!