Help!! I'm losing my mind

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 01:29 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! I'm losing my mind

OK.....I have looked through the forums and didn't find much help. Please don't roast me too hard, if I missed something...

Now...

OK. I'm man enough to admit when i need help...and I need it. I have a 2001 Acrua CL Type-S Automatic. Before you frown too hard, I also have a 2003 Acura CL Type-S 6 speed manual and a 1991 300zx TT, but that's beside the point. I live in Prince George, Virginia and I work in Amelia, Virginia. Last year, halfway up 288, the Engine Crankshaft pulley separated while i was on my way to work. It threw off the alternator belt, and the dash lit up like a christmas tree. I realize that I am driving on whatever charge the battery had when the belt separated. So, after work, I had to drive it home. Almost at the bottom of 288, the dash went off completely. I was lucky enough to catch almost every green light. I finally crapped out and caught a light on route 10 and when I went to pull off the car was crawling. I managed to get it in a parking lot, and call a friend to come pick me up. I took the battery home, charged it, put it back in the car and drove the rest of the way home.

Now, seeing as how I had to replace the pulley. I took it upon myself to go ahead and change the water pump, timing belt, tensioner, and idle pulleys on the front of the engine. I got everything to their markers. I marked the belt, cam pulleys, and crank sprocket before I removed the old belt. When putting the new belt on...I counted the teeth between marks on the old belt and transferred them to the new belt. I finish up...I crank it up. It runs rough for a second, and then goes into safety mode, in which it purrs like a kitten. I have an ODB-II reader and it gives me error code P0336. I look the code up and basically it's saying that it's not getting a signal from the Crank Angle Sensor.

so...

I bought a new CAS...same problem
I switched back to the old CAS...same problem
I hooked both CAS up to a multimeter and run a magnet across their face...they generate signal
I get the battery tested...it's good
I pull a Crazy Ivan and replace the speed sensor...now the VSA light comes on...WTMF
I put the old speed sensor back in...VSA light still gives me the middle finger
I check the harness for breaks...not seeing any

wierd things to consider...

Passenger's side headlight will stop working, and i've purchased both a used ballast and a new ballast, and yes I can see everyone clenching from here

So, I ask you now...WTF is wrong with this thing...??
Old 04-14-2017, 02:30 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check your grounds..
Old 04-14-2017, 07:28 PM
M90booosted

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
x2 on grounds, also, check for pin fit at the connectors.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, for the responses.

I looked at it tonight...all grounds I've seen look good. Swapped out the batter cable ground. Same problems. I'll look more tomorrow.