Hear Ye Hear Ye***** Aem Test******

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear Ye Hear Ye***** Aem Test******

Hey guys as many of you know I have had a probelm with the Fitment of my DC Sports Headers. Well After my second set I sent them back to AEM and They are workin with DC Sports as To why the second one doesnt fit. The problem is when you try and line up the headers to the head the motor mount is in the way and will no align properly and cant be bolted up. Well I am in TX and they are in Corona, Ca and this is where you guys come in..

I need a Second Gen 01-02 CL-S Automatic to contact them to be a test fit person. All you need to do is contact them with the number i will provide and let them take off your hearders and theywill place theirs on.. I know it seems like alot but you will be helping a fellow CL'R get the right headers. NOW, I am sure of someone were to volunteer AEM will work with you on getting that part on a nice discount or other item you might choose.. Please HELP ME!! If you want to help please call the following number and please make sure you car qualifies with the information below before you go out there..

AEM (310) 484-2322 EXT 212

CAR NEEDED:
01-02 CL-S Automatic

If you have any questions please call me at 832.285.8007

Thanks Guys and Gal.

If you decide to help please call me for a great deal i will provide you as well as what AEM "MIGHT" do.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:04 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but I had the same problem with my '03 TL-s. Couldn't get the rear header on because of the rear motor mount. I have contacted AEM/DC about this and they did nothing. I bought XS headers, problem solved. PM me if you need any info, RMA# for my case, who I talked to etc.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003TL-S
I don't know if this will help, but I had the same problem with my '03 TL-s. Couldn't get the rear header on because of the rear motor mount. I have contacted AEM/DC about this and they did nothing. I bought XS headers, problem solved. PM me if you need any info, RMA# for my case, who I talked to etc.

I know the feeling!! ITs crazy!! Well this input will help because i am sure they might see this . ANyway I have been talking ith them almost daily and they have been responive thus far and are doing what they can to help me get this resolved. YOU ought to contact them and tell them your problem becasue if you dont they will never know about this issue. They claim this is the right fit but it didnt work on your car or mine so i know there must be more...

Come ON anyone else???
Old 06-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
I would suggest you dump them, get a refund, & forget them. Go XS & save the headache. Do you REALLY want to be a test mule & then have them break down the road or some other mishap after all this crap? If they can't make them to fit correctly, why would you think they will last any amount of time long term?

I'm not sure why you continue to mess with DC when you can buy something cheaper & fits correctly.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Not a doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
I'm not sure why you continue to mess with DC when you can buy something cheaper & fits correctly.
why go through the hassle of playing the guinea pig when there's a cheaper product out there that's just as effective and actually fits properly?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Just FYI I sold 2 of the new setups with the new part #'s HHC5528 and one guy has reported back that his fit perfectly and had no noises. His name is BraveDemon. I know DC had some mistakes with the earlier setups but this new one should be fine. In fact if anyone is local to me and wants the new setup I will offer a discounted install rate on the headers to prove it.