AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   Headlight HELP! (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/headlight-help-978664/)

Mrgoodwrench 04-10-2019 07:43 PM

Headlight HELP!

Hello all! I have a 2001 CL Type S that I recently bought, lightly crashed, and am in the process of putting back together. Just a light hit but it took out the headlamp assembly on the driver side. I noticed later on that the right front headlamp assembly is trashed as well. Somebody tried a lot of JB weld to fix it but to no avail. I have tried for weeks to find 2 replacement assemblies and I keep getting ones that won't fit. So far, a set from ebay and a set from amazon, both aftermarket of course, advertised to fit an 01 CL but so far, nothing fit. I'm assuming there's a difference in the CL and the CLS lamps, as what I have are HID with the ballasts on the bottom of the assembly. Any Idea where to find a couple assemblies? What years/models will interchange. I don't much care about the HID part, as I have aftermarket HID kits I can install, just need the actual housings. I have an 02 TL and I see there is a major diff. there. Too bad as I have an extra set for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to duck tape some mag lights in the holes and rock it, that's how deep the frustration is running. HELP

zeta 04-10-2019 09:03 PM

Have you tried searching salvage yards nationwide? There has to be something, even locally to you, available.:shrug:

car-part.com

Search for 'headlight assembly', left or right.:thumbsup:

whitetiger5 04-11-2019 12:12 PM

I'd go with a salvage yard as well...

a quick parts check on the oem parts site shows that both the premium and sport CL's use the same headlight. Were the mounting points on the headlights which were previously on the car damaged? if not, do they line up? i.e no frame damage where those headlamps are being bolted in?

Mrgoodwrench 04-11-2019 06:07 PM

The driver side headlamp was MIA when I bought the car. Lost in the accident I assume. The passenger side had previous damage to both upper mounting points, as well as the main lower mounting point, and some goober used a few tubes of JB weld to attempt to fix it. He missed the mark, the repair allowed water intrusion to the headlamp assembly and now its damaged internally, rust, corrosion, etc.

I checked the local yards but no go. Found 1 passenger side with minor damage to mounting bracket, whatever that means. I really like the car and would rather have nice, new assemblies but I can't justify close to a grand for OEM. Seems a bit excessive. I'm surprised I cant locate new aftermarket assemblies. Multiple companies seem to have new assemblies for most of the cl's, just not the P's and S's. I was hoping someone here had an idea of some aftermarket supplier I was missing.

I'm tempted to try some type of modification to the CL front end and make the TL housings fit.