Extreme Clonking from 2002 Acura CL

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 08:04 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extreme Clonking from 2002 Acura CL

Hello all, I am sort of new to the Acurazine community! I made a log in a while back and finally decided to use it. I am having some issues with a 2002 Acura CL i just bought. Bought the car out in the suburbs in San Bruno, Ca and during test drive car drove great. I purchased the car, and took it everywhere with no issues. I work in Oakland, and as soon as that car stepped foot on some of the super raggedy roads and train tracks, I start hearing all kind of clonking coming specifically from the right side of the vehicle, and also a bad clonking coming from the under the hood, towards the middle closer to the ground. Anybody have any suggestions on what I should look for?
Old 10-10-2017, 09:15 AM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Could be lots of things. Bring it in to have it looked at. I've had clunking come from bad bushings in both the swaybar, bad end links, or bad control arm bushings.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:19 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For sure! So I took it to my local Honda dealership, and they determined it was my shock on the right side. I am planning on replacing the two front struts for now and do the back later. I was looking at the Monroe brand struts, and there were two on O'reillys website. both were gas charged but one had a "low gas charge unit" and the other one didnt. Do you know if that low gas charge unit is needed??