farewell to all

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 03:50 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
farewell to all

Hello gentlemen,
I have been on this site for 11 years. I have found many answers and ideas, and hopefully gave a few good ones too. Unfortunately a teenager in a stolen car decided to run a red light and totaled my 2003 CL-S 6 speed. Fortunately no one got hurt. I also wanted to let anyone know around SC area, that when this car goes to salvage yard, there are a lot of very good parts on it. Motor and tranny are great. Tan interior is very nice, no rips, just a couple wear lines. Has a trailer hitch which I used for my mountain bike. Has magnaflow chrome mufflers, a rear spoiler, chrome GT wheels and more. All the damage was in the front. If you might be interested, let me know, and when the car goes to a lot, I will let you know where. For all the people that helped me with answers and ideas, Thanks again!!

Old 06-29-2018, 10:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Sorry for your LOSS. Looks like a really nice car. Is it derivable? Doesn't look all that bad. Did the air bags deploy? Do You know how much, the insurance company would sell it back to you for"
Old 06-29-2018, 10:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by frankjnjr
Sorry for your LOSS. Looks like a really nice car. Is it derivable? Doesn't look all that bad. Did the air bags deploy? Do You know how much, the insurance company would sell it back to you for"
Thanks for the thoughts. Air bags did not deploy, but both frame rails were bent, one creased. The estimate to fix was $6k, plus cars are never the same when a lot of repair work is done. Insurance gave me $6K for a 15 year old car, so I bought a 2015 Audi.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by frankjnjr
Oh, yes, I was able to drive it home, a short distance. Had to toe it to the shop for an estimate because the fender was about a sheet of paper from the tire and was rubbing going down the road.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for your loss, that CL looked quite clean. I'm glad you got a fair amount, I have been quite impressed by insurance payouts when my cars have been totaled tbh.

Is that a 3.5 or 4" cai I spy, and if so can I buy it? Ask me how I know you can retrieve a cai from a totaled car when you get the rest of your belongings (two of my first three cars I owned were totaled within a week of putting a cai on them lol) from it
Old 06-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Flexing my musCL-S
Sorry for your loss, that CL looked quite clean. I'm glad you got a fair amount, I have been quite impressed by insurance payouts when my cars have been totaled tbh.

Is that a 3.5 or 4" cai I spy, and if so can I buy it? Ask me how I know you can retrieve a cai from a totaled car when you get the rest of your belongings (two of my first three cars I owned were totaled within a week of putting a cai on them lol) from it

Thanks for your thoughts. I believe it is a 3.5" CAI from AEM. Pretty much where the filter attaches is were i was hit. The filter is crushed and I believe the end of the tube was a little too. Regarding getting it, there may be a way to take it off, but I have a broken clavicle and am in a sling. It would be hard for me to take off anything, if i could. sorry.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by loweredCL
Thanks for your thoughts. I believe it is a 3.5" CAI from AEM. Pretty much where the filter attaches is were i was hit. The filter is crushed and I believe the end of the tube was a little too. Regarding getting it, there may be a way to take it off, but I have a broken clavicle and am in a sling. It would be hard for me to take off anything, if i could. sorry.
Damn that sucks, hope you get better soon.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:41 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will you sell the complete car as is? I am interested. Thank you.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by loweredCL
Thanks for the thoughts. Air bags did not deploy, but both frame rails were bent, one creased. The estimate to fix was $6k, plus cars are never the same when a lot of repair work is done. Insurance gave me $6K for a 15 year old car, so I bought a 2015 Audi.
I agree. Frame Rail damage, requires EXTENSIVE repair, by someone well qualified, and invested in doing it right. Can't believe, your Insurance Carrier paid out 6K. Your very fortunate. Good luck with the healing process.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,408 Likes on 3,020 Posts
Definitely a shame, glad that you are ok and not injured too badly. Someone should yank that engine and trans before it ships out
Old 07-13-2018, 06:02 AM
Racer

Thank you all for your good wishes. I have been getting a few messages and want to clear up a couple things. The insurance company has already paid out for the car, which means it is not technically mine anymore. I can't take any parts off it. The insurance company will let me know were it goes, and I will add that information to this thread. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:02 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
dang always loved red... glad you are ok..
heal up..
Old 07-18-2018, 09:19 AM
Racer

Hello all,
My insurance company gave me more information about the car and where it is. At the moment, it is at Copart up for auction. I assume anyone could bid on it. Also, it if goes to a junk yard, you could find out from here as well. My hope is some can pick it up cheap and would rebuilt her back to her glory. Enjoy.

https://www.copart.com/lot/38953238/
Old 08-10-2018, 12:42 PM
~HondaF1~

Received 107 Likes on 86 Posts
Sorry man. Sucks.
Glad you are okay!!