Driving position memory system does nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 05:15 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Driving position memory system does nothing!

I just bought a 2001 Acura CL and most say that I absolutely love this car and I'm so glad i bought it! But as with most things you buy used there are issues that need fixing but nothing that's been real major!
Old 04-30-2017, 06:15 AM
10th Gear

I'm not sure why only part of my post came through but it did so I'll finish here!
the issue i need help with is the driving position memory system I've read the instructions on setting it and the first step is to press and hold the set button till it beeps and that's where the trouble begins! Mine never beeps no matter how long you hold it in. I've tried pushing memory 1 & 2 at the same time in hope of resetting it as i found on here in another thread and that didn't work either. I've checked the fuse and it's good and the wiring is good as well. Can any one help me with this issue?
Also all the buttons on my steering wheel don't work. Cruise control, the radio controls, the horn and the SRS light in the dash stays lit. Through another post on here I've learned that it's more than likely the clock spring in the steering wheel. My question is would i be better of to change the steering column or replacing the clock spring? The steering wheel is badly off center even though the wheels are straight and the car is perfectly aligned? Would appreciate any thoughts on this as well
Vickey
Old 05-02-2017, 07:20 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Clockspring is not a difficult swap. No need to do the entire column. Any alignment shop will be able to center your steering wheel. Since the clockspring needs replacement, you can probably get the steering wheel alignment close enough for your taste at the same time.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:25 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by vickeyflee
I just bought a 2001 Acura CL and most say that I absolutely love this car and I'm so glad i bought it! But as with most things you buy used there are issues that need fixing but nothing that's been real major!
Originally Posted by ImBroke
Clockspring is not a difficult swap. No need to do the entire column. Any alignment shop will be able to center your steering wheel. Since the clockspring needs replacement, you can probably get the steering wheel alignment close enough for your taste at the same time.
thanks ImBroke for the advice or would definitely be a lot cheaper to change the clock spring than changing the steering column!