Drivers side window rattle...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers side window rattle...

I have started to have a rattle coming from the drivers side window when going over bumps. I also have comptech springs and I am wondering if the harder ride has loosen something in the door/window mechanism. Anyone else noticed this?
Old 01-13-2002, 07:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
it may be your door seal squeaking (similar to the sunroof squeak).

i lubed the seal with silicone lubricant and it stopped.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:01 PM
Banned

Re: Drivers side window rattle...

I had the same problem with my 1st gen 97 3.0P. Then one day as I was driving into my apartment complex, I rolled the window down to put my gate card in, and POW! The window dropped, and wouldn't raise.

Thankfully, it didn't break, and it was just the nut on the arm attached to the motor that popped off.

BUT - had it rained that night, I woulda been skah-rewed!

Originally posted by WebToker
I have started to have a rattle coming from the drivers side window when going over bumps. I also have comptech springs and I am wondering if the harder ride has loosen something in the door/window mechanism. Anyone else noticed this?
Old 01-13-2002, 07:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Re: Drivers side window rattle...

Originally posted by autoxCLS
I had the same problem with my 1st gen 97 3.0P. Then one day as I was driving into my apartment complex, I rolled the window down to put my gate card in, and POW! The window dropped, and wouldn't raise.

Thankfully, it didn't break, and it was just the nut on the arm attached to the motor that popped off.

BUT - had it rained that night, I woulda been skah-rewed!

had the same problem on my last car (civic). the passenger window was rolling up really slowly (got slower as it came closer to the top) for a long time and i complained that it didn't seem right while it was under warranty. they said they lubed it and eveyrthing looked alright. then about a month out of warranty it died on me. turns out the linkage arm was bent and eventually the glass was pushed out of the track.

they replaced it though because i complained about it before the warranty was out and they didn't catch it.

but it's not a honda thing. our mb 560sel had the glass break off the linkage and just drop too.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:31 PM
Just call me DADDY!!!

I have taking my car to dealer about 4 times for the rattling in my driver's side window. The first time I took it to them, they said they heard nothing. Next, time I took it to them, they lube it and it was fine for about a week or so. After that, they replaced the rain channel or whatever you call it and that did nothing. This last time I took it to them, they just thighten the screws and it made it worst. That was even with the one of the service guy in the car to test drive it to hear the noise. This is all BS and I am getting piss.
What I think it is, is that the rattle occurs even when I push out the window at any part of the window. So, I think it has to do with the window not going all the way up right or is not secure in the foam part and rubs with it.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by 2Sxy4YoMama
I have taking my car to dealer about 4 times for the rattling in my driver's side window. The first time I took it to them, they said they heard nothing. Next, time I took it to them, they lube it and it was fine for about a week or so. After that, they replaced the rain channel or whatever you call it and that did nothing. This last time I took it to them, they just thighten the screws and it made it worst. That was even with the one of the service guy in the car to test drive it to hear the noise. This is all BS and I am getting piss.
What I think it is, is that the rattle occurs even when I push out the window at any part of the window. So, I think it has to do with the window not going all the way up right or is not secure in the foam part and rubs with it.
Good observation, I am going to take a look at that.