CT/Comptech P/S Bracket from S/C kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 12:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CT/Comptech P/S Bracket from S/C kit

Before contacting CTE I figured I would post here, because it is really hit or miss with them.

Can anyone post a picture or tell me what the Power Steering Reservoir Bracket looks like from the S/C kit. Or tell me any info about it.

I want to make sure my S/C kit is complete before starting install.

Thanks you for reading.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,390 Posts
There really is not a specific picture of the PS bracket from the kit, that I can find, unless someone else has one.

It looks like the OEM one (#3 on the link below);
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...p-s-lines-scat

however, I believe the lower 'right angled' L part that bolts to the chassis is reversed to bring the reservoir AWAY from the S/C'er end pulley and belt idler pulley. If you don't have the correct bracket from the kit, just modify the OEM one, if possible, to achieve proper fitment. You'll see what you need to do, once you get the blower in, to pull the reservoir away from the pulleys and keep it there.

Thank me/us by updating this thread with pics from your successful install.

Good luck.

Last edited by zeta; 08-18-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:45 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
I have one, but I just installed it on my car. It's black and shaped like an L, just like Zeta said.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Intermediate

Thanks guys, if necessary I can definitely modify a stock one, just cut off the mounting hole tab and attach it to the other side.

But for sure if anyone has a spare or a picture of the specific one, or even a measurement of where the new hole sits compared to the old one I'd be open to see it.

Zeta I definitely want to do it right, and I may even has the blower serviced prior to install, so that could be awhile. I am already planning on possibly doing a build thread here or something.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bkrupp
Zeta I definitely want to do it right, and I may even has the blower serviced prior to install, so that could be awhile. I am already planning on possibly doing a build thread here or something.
This guy does excellent work. He rebuilt mine after 100K+ in Dec 2015.

CT Engineering Supercharger Remanufacture / Rebuild CT Engineering Supercharger Remanufacture / Rebuild [Rebuild services] - $727.00 : Jon Bond Performance, The Worlds Premier Supercharger Rebuilder and Parts Store
Old 08-18-2017, 03:12 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
I can try and get you a pic later.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:14 PM
3.5 psi

Here's two pics. I have mine zip tied also as it came loose once and the belt almost burnt through the reservoir.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
^ It looks like you don't have it installed correctly. I found it easier to remove the mounting bracket that the PS reservoir bracket attaches to. That way, you can correctly attach the PS reservoir to the PS bracket, attach the PS bracket to the mounting bracket, attach the PS hoses, then reinstall the mounting bracket.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:42 PM
3.5 psi

I've never messed with it. The s/c was on the car when I bought it, but I get what you're saying. I took the easy lazy solution, lol.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Intermediate

Thanks everyone. I guess what would be handy is to see the bracket with no P/S reservoir mounted to it. I guess I will wait and see if anyone else has input. And once I call CT-E maybe they will say something. I would still expect them to have the CAD file, but not sure if they would give it to me or not in order to reproduce one.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:08 AM
Suzuka Master

And once I call CT-E maybe they will say something. I would still expect them to have the CAD file, but not sure if they would give it to me or not in order to reproduce one.
Their (CT-E'S) FAQ's webpage states the following to get replacement parts:

• I need replacement parts that aren’t on your website, how do I get those?
- Easy! Go to our tech sections and download the checklist for your particular supercharger kit. Call or email us with the corresponding part numbers from the list and we can provide you a quote to move forward. We need part numbers to provide prices though, “All the bolts” will not work.

The CT-E internal part number for the P/S bracket is 355-128. That is straight from the CL-S 6-speed S/C'er checklist; however, it does not say how much it will be.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zeta
Their (CT-E'S) FAQ's webpage states the following to get replacement parts:

• I need replacement parts that aren’t on your website, how do I get those?
- Easy! Go to our tech sections and download the checklist for your particular supercharger kit. Call or email us with the corresponding part numbers from the list and we can provide you a quote to move forward. We need part numbers to provide prices though, “All the bolts” will not work.

The CT-E internal part number for the P/S bracket is 355-128. That is straight from the CL-S 6-speed S/C'er checklist; however, it does not say how much it will be.
Trust me, I have the checklist and part #'s and all. But this kit is discontinued, which means they don't have many parts left. And another problem is the communication on CT-E's end. I have only had difficulty dealing with them. They are friendly, but almost impossible to email/talk to. Although some member posted that they have new ownership and they were friendly, so maybe I will try again.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Trust me, I have the checklist and part #'s and all. But this kit is discontinued, which means they don't have many parts left. And another problem is the communication on CT-E's end. I have only had difficulty dealing with them. They are friendly, but almost impossible to email/talk to. Although some member posted that they have new ownership and they were friendly, so maybe I will try again.
Dam man, sorry to hear and thanks for the update in regards to having to deal with them.

In the 12 years I have had the S/C'er kit the only thing that has failed on me was the Walbro fuel pump, which can be purchased outside of CT-E. Hope you have better luck with them in future.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:32 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zeta
Dam man, sorry to hear and thanks for the update in regards to having to deal with them.

In the 12 years I have had the S/C'er kit the only thing that has failed on me was the Walbro fuel pump, which can be purchased outside of CT-E. Hope you have better luck with them in future.
Email to CT-E sent tonight, hopefully I hear back from them via email or phone. Let's see how this goes.

I plan to buy a new fuel pump, hoses, plugs, o-rings, etc. Things that wear out. If there is anything people can recommend to look for new on the kit let me know.