AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   Crank No, Start (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/crank-no-start-980854/)

Beavisboots 07-09-2019 07:51 AM

Crank No, Start

Been a member here a long time but haven't posted in a while. Did a search but couldn't find anything either. I have an 03 with a manual trans. Battery died recently and had the tender on it to charge it up. I don't drive the car much anymore but I'm preparing to hand it down to my 17 year old son. Tried to move it last night and it just cranked and cranked with no start. I did notice that the green key light isn't coming on when I first turn the ignition to the on position. It also isn't flashing like there is an error either. Tried looking for a fuse for the security system but came up empty handed.

Anyone have a similar issue or know if there is a "reset" procedure for the key chip security. I also have three keys for the car, none of them started it. So I have ruled out the keys. Besides, if the key was an issue the green key on the dash should flash.

Thanks.
Joe

whitetiger5 07-09-2019 12:04 PM

The universe is telling you not to hand over such a fine automobile to the inexperienced. :wink:

All kidding aside:

There's a section in the service manual for troubleshooting this issue; something along the lines of:
  1. check the battery
  2. check the starter
  3. check the fuel pressure
  4. check the pgm-fi
hope that helps...

01acls 07-10-2019 01:16 AM

Defective PGM-FI relay.

Midnight Mystery 07-10-2019 02:26 AM

Doesn't crank but starts? That's some MAF shit right there! :pimp:

Beavisboots 07-20-2019 02:12 PM

Fixed

Yup, ended up being the Pgm-Fi relay. Thanks for the help! One last fix and she's ready to hand over. Replacement of HID ballast. Passenger side comes on and then flickers out. Already tried new bulbs. Looking for plug and play aftermarket.

It is kinda heart breaking to hand the car over. I've had it for over ten years and it's been an awesome machine. Put over 120k on it myself and had all regular maintenance and service done. Timing belt twice, valves adjusted twice. Only major repair was the Steering Rack needed replacement from leaking and I had the clutch done at the same time. Same note, kinda really awesome that my kid wants to drive stick shift.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...0c25bf457d.jpg

ImBroke 07-28-2019 09:18 AM

I think your kid is lucky to get such a bad ass car as a first. I bought new bulbs and ballasts, turned out to be a fuse not blowing, but was separating on the inside. Weirdest thing I've seen in a while. Check fuses before buying all the stuff like I did.

whitetiger5 07-29-2019 12:53 PM

I'm wondering if your son got his hands a little dirty getting it ready for the road again?

Nothing like having a little skin in the game to make sure it's well taken care of later on; and not to mention that opportunity for some good ol' father-son bonding. :hug:

losiglow 07-29-2019 01:27 PM

You're giving your son a 260hp vehicle as his first car? You must really trust him. My son turns 16 next July. He'll be getting something like a '97 Corolla.

Beavisboots 09-14-2019 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by whitetiger5 (Post 16460036)
I'm wondering if your son got his hands a little dirty getting it ready for the road again?

Nothing like having a little skin in the game to make sure it's well taken care of later on; and not to mention that opportunity for some good ol' father-son bonding. :hug:

Sorry summers been busy and didn’t check this post for a while. He actually has gotten his hands dirty!! Lol. Taught him basics: change brakes, plug tire, change oil, change plugs and we even did the front wheel bearings for good measure because they were originals. I was lucky enough to pick up the front and side pieces to the Ron Jon body kit so we will be attempting those in the spring. Need to find the Ron Jon rear bumper piece or find one that looks good with it.
Years ago I did the factory Navi conversion and it works flawlessly. Only issue is the clock is saying 0:00. I know the issue and I callled Acura and they sent an update DVD. Problem is they sent it for the wrong version of maps I have. I bought the last maps they made for the system back in I believe 2013. I need to call again an get the correct DVD.
My first car was a Ford Taurus so he has definitely gotten a better deal than me. Hahaha

lateralus 09-15-2019 02:16 AM

my 0:00 went away when i disconnected the battery for awhile when I got a new battery at batteries plus..

new battery started car nav said it had to calibrate for 10 mins and when i came back to the car the clock was working again..