Color matching front bumper black grill part

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 11:30 AM
GroundeDCustoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Color matching front bumper black grill part

Anybody color match the black grill part of the front bumper?!

Im gettin paint work done and would like to know if it looks to "civic" or color matching would work

That grill section had alot of cross hatches, was even debaiting cutting out some or the whole thing but then was concerned about bumper flex structurly.

Looking at a black car it does look good, but me being "white" not sure how that grill section would turn out
Old 06-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
I have a JDM '92-'93 Accord front bumper in frost white for my frost white Accord. The factory "webbing" in the opening is usually painted black with the exception of a prominent white cross bar. The JDM bumper I have has been repainted at some point and was completely painted without taping off the black. That's exactly what it looks like, too. It looks like a Maaco paint guy just sprayed over something that wasn't supposed to be painted because it was quicker that way. It doesn't look like it's supposed to be the same color.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
why do we have a grille?
to let cool air into the engine bay!

the "webbing" is supposed to be black to imitate it looking vast and deep, like its open.
So glad, gone are the days of chrome grilles
Old 06-07-2016, 04:18 AM
GroundeDCustoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Funny thing i drove past a 4 dr accord factory front bumper all sprayed white... Looked choked up and horrible. Lost it look totally. Just too many cross hatches in that webbing

I went ahead and cut out the webbing in the bumper. I also cut out the 4 vertical parts of the hood grill. Yea the grill. Call it hwat you want.
I even shaved the part that surrounds the emblem. It was sorta aquared off around the emblem, now its cut clear across on the upper part.

Color matching the whole front end. Looks good to my eye

I took some white foam cleaner, sprayed the areas and cutting out the webbing, before and after, looks good to me now.
And if structurly its flexing to much, il make up a couple posts to support. But so far the flex doesnt seem to be an issue.

The chrome grill i agree. Its way over rated. I will say i kinda prefer the color matched hood grill " surround" as they call it, to be chrome. They only color matched in 03, depending on the color of car, look at my aviator, my first gen grill, leaning towads that.

Just look at how black wheels took off. I was doing powder coated black wheels back in the late 90s in all my cars. Now you pay a premium for black wheels.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:59 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
words are great and dandy......

but pictures are worth a thousand words....

i have no clue on what you did, but i rather see it than read about it