Borla catback install success!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Borla catback install success!

So I have wanted to do this since I bought the car in November and finally had the time to throw it up and get it going. I was hoping for minimal modifications since the catback is technically for the Accord and Borla does not offer any exhaust solutions for our cars.

I threw on a set of XS headers and J pipe, which the rear manifold was a pain in the ass due to the everlasting problem of the rear motor mount , but it did go on after I took the mount off stuck on the header and reinstalled the mount.

I did not think about what I wanted to do with the cat situation and just ended up reusing the stock one.

The catback surprisingly mounted right up with no visible alterations needed. The only thing that needed to be done was the back of the cat did not meet the flange of the catback and had to chopped and welded together. I am sure if I would have bought a high flow cat or a test pipe that wouldn't have been an issue. You can also see the flange on the front of the cat is a little bit smaller than the J pipe but the holes met up so I wasn't concerned.

Other than that it was pretty painless and sounds freakin amazing! Low/mid tones all through the RPM range, no rasp, and I am super happy with the outcome.

Here are some pics and when it stops raining I will get some audio to back it up.
Attached Thumbnails Borla catback install success!-photo-3-.jpg   Borla catback install success!-photo.jpg   Borla catback install success!-photo-1-.jpg   Borla catback install success!-photo-2-.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
mikebikelife (05-28-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
i have been wanting to make a custom borla for my car.......can we get a sound clip????
Old 06-02-2013, 12:21 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
Wtf how do u have an outdoor hoist lol?

Why did u add another mid muffler? I cannot imagine u got much power when u used the same cat and added another mid muffler. I know it's a straight through glass packed i presume but still what's the point of doing the exhaust if u need to tone it down in the end ?

Last edited by CL-S progression 01; 06-02-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
Wtf how do u have an outdoor hoist lol?

Why did u add another mid muffler? I cannot imagine u got much power when u used the same cat and added another mid muffler. I know it's a straight through glass packed i presume but still what's the point of doing the exhaust if u need to tone it down in the end ?
Haha well... lets just say I know some people!

I stuck on the midmuffler because I loved how my buddies Accord sounded and didnt want to mess with that. I do however want to rip that cat out, just havent done so yet. I cant justify spending that much money on a freakin 'test pipe' so ill have to weld a bung onto a straight piece of pipe when I get the time or find the effort.

I will have sound clips up this month, havent had a passenger to hold the camera in the car yet. Ive been driving around with the rear Y pipe off so it comes out of the midmuffler and it sounds great even like that. Ill have clips of both exhaust sounds up.

Still super happy with the result (cat or not)
Old 09-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
TacoCodeRed, when did you buy those XS headers? been looking into them for awhile but couldn't find anyone whose bought them recently to provide some feedback on them
Old 09-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mike7792
TacoCodeRed, when did you buy those XS headers? been looking into them for awhile but couldn't find anyone whose bought them recently to provide some feedback on them
I bought them December/January which was after they redid or re-released the type specifically for the 6 speeds (with the bend in the rear header). You have my thumbs up to get em, been on my car since then with no problems other than not using the supplied gaskets and hardware.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoCodeRed
I bought them December/January which was after they redid or re-released the type specifically for the 6 speeds (with the bend in the rear header). You have my thumbs up to get em, been on my car since then with no problems other than not using the supplied gaskets and hardware.

Thanks very much. I'll most likely put down an order next week
Old 09-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
still waiting on super sound clips here!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Sorry for the RIDICULOUS delay in getting these up but without further adoooo:

This is without the rear mufflers installed which means it is going through headers to the cat to the mid-muffler and the resonator. I didnt bother doing videos of when the mufflers were on because it is much quieter and not anything I would consider as impressive but does make the ride much better, especially on the highway.

Last edited by TacoCodeRed; 01-14-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: stupid links
Old 01-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Intermediate

And after all that, I am selling it. Anyone interested it is almost turning 150k, all scheduled maintenance is done including the timing belt, water pump, and pulleys, a JTC fully adjustable short throw in it as well as two JL Audio 12W6's with a 1000/1 amp. $8000
Old 01-31-2014, 10:33 AM
Intermediate

Cant find a place to post this (blackmarket only for parts?)
So here's the Craigslist posting:

Yeah, I am selling =/
Old 01-31-2014, 11:10 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
go to the black market and at the top there's a place for members cars for sale.

https://acurazine.com/forums/marketplace/cars/search/
The following users liked this post:
TacoCodeRed (01-31-2014)