Axle back vs Electric cutout

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 04:04 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axle back vs Electric cutout

Hello everyone, Im wanting to further open up the exhaust on my cls6, I already have headers, a high flow cat and j pipe.

I'm wanting much more noise and have recently found out about electric cutouts being sold. My brother put one on his s2000 and has really enjoyed being able to go from stock to straight pipe with the push of a button.

I'm thinking my car might be much louder than his car was though, especially from a v6 with headers and other exhaust work compared to a stock 4 banger. I'm wondering if it will be too loud/raspy/ugly.

Although my original plan was to just get a comptech axleback (or any other catback/axleback I'm open to options) and I'm sure many people would recommend doing this, but I would like the option to stay quiet or be loud and I would also save money with the cutout.

Opinions?
Old 06-07-2016, 12:20 AM
j35/6 Speed Swapped

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Imo I hate loud slow cars. I feel our cars are too slow to be loud. Imo, you already have the front half of the exhaust covered, I would get an aftermarket resonator and axle back and call it a day.