For anyone who gets pulled over by cops!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone who gets pulled over by cops!!

lemme know what happened in your situation becasue i know they are cracking down a whole lot on imports . My friend who is a cop will try to see what we can do.

I was parked waiting for a friend at her apartment and these two cops pulled up and went past me and turned back around. They asked me where my front plate was and i told them it broke off. They turned on their lights and asked for my credentials. They told me to come out of the car and asked "how im lit up?" They made me turn the blinkers on and the lights. Then they gave me a ticket while i was just parked for the discolored lights and did nothing about the front plate. WTF!!! im pissed
Old 11-22-2003, 07:49 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
break the law expect to pay

:P

It is pretty lame, but it's also rather common.

I went to get a window tint ticket written off. While the cop was signing it off he took a look around my car. Saw my exhaust and then proceeded to write me up for that after having me get in the car to start it up. Dumbass cop didn't even know the exhaust law though, I made him go look it up inside the CHP office to prove him wrong, he really made an ass of himself in front of his fellow co-workers
Old 11-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Race Director

Re: For anyone who gets pulled over by cops!!

Originally posted by npchottboi
lemme know what happened in your situation becasue i know they are cracking down a whole lot on imports . My friend who is a cop will try to see what we can do.

I was parked waiting for a friend at her apartment and these two cops pulled up and went past me and turned back around. They asked me where my front plate was and i told them it broke off. They turned on their lights and asked for my credentials. They told me to come out of the car and asked "how im lit up?" They made me turn the blinkers on and the lights. Then they gave me a ticket while i was just parked for the discolored lights and did nothing about the front plate. WTF!!! im pissed
If you had had a front plate, do you think the cops would have still "harassed" you? :P
Old 11-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Yup, ur just making it harder on urself (and easier for the cops) to stop u for silly & minute lawbreaking and hand u the pink slip.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:29 AM
900 club member

I work in Somerville and those cops are pretty tough, there's one road that looks like a freeway, straight wide and smooth but the speed limit is only 25 mph...there's always a cop on a side road just ready to pounce. Why the ticket for lights being discolored Npchottboi, do you have some kind of blue fogs or somththing? At least no ticket for no front plate.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:23 AM
Banned

well...your breaking the law without a front plate...what don't you get?
Old 11-23-2003, 05:34 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
hard to believe a broken off front plate when you are driving a classy car. i would expect it on a shitty car. i'm not saying i don't believe you but looking at it from the other side also
Old 11-23-2003, 05:32 PM
Drifting

i guess the moral of this story is don't rice up the car with :ghey: lights?
Old 11-23-2003, 05:51 PM
Instructor

That is the moral of the story....the cops were rutgers cops...wanna be's.....i have no problem with the staties or the locals....the front plate caused cracks in my bumper from people backing into it.....thas y i took it off. The lights were my blinker lights which he made me turn on and they are blue
Old 11-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Instructor

a front plate is one of the things I really hate on a car... I live in quebec Canada and we don't have those... thanks god.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:10 PM
2ManyMiles

i'd rather get a ticket once in a while rather than have a fugly plate on my front bumper.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Instructor

here is my car and the lights i got pulled over for...tell me these are illegal...

http://photos.yahoo.com/ttnguyen802003
Old 11-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Advanced

Your ride is G'd up. Of course cops are going to take a look at you. Always happens.

G'd up is the only way to roll though. In the words of Eazy-E...

"F*** the police"
Old 11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Audi S4 driver

Originally posted by DeezNutz
i'd rather get a ticket once in a while rather than have a fugly plate on my front bumper.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by DeezNutz
That's fine, that's ok. But do you have to throw a whole bunch of other violations on top of that? Why not just have no plate and leave it at just breaking one law?
Old 11-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Speaking of getting pulled over... Tonight while driving in my Z towards the Midtown Tunnel to drop off my gf in Manhattan, I got pulled over for a spot check. The cops pulled my car aside to check if I was carrying explosives.

The cargo space on my Z is so small that the amount of explosives my car could hold would probably only blow up a watermelon. There were Suburbans, large vans and even small cargo trucks driving by without them paying any attention. I seriously think that sometimes some cops just like to bust balls when they see a nice car.

BTW.. I didn't mind being pulled over as I want the Tunnels to be safe from potential terrorists, but I just didn't understand why I out of all the traffic got selected to be searched.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:06 AM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

Got pulled over in a residental doing 50 last week.

Cop said: Can you slow it down for me man?
I said: Sorry Sir
Cop said: Can I see your drivers lic. please?
I said: One moment sir (then gave it to him)

Cop came back about 5 minutes later, gave me back my DL and said, "Slow it down a little next time."

I have no front plate, hks draggers, and decal on my rear sides.

I would have to say he was a cool guy.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Got pulled over on the Garden State last nite for "Excessive Speed" at 230am on my way back from AC. I have a suspended license so I couldnt give him that so I just gave him my expired and told him that I lost the legit one and theyre sending me a replacement. Thats what I got the ticket for not having the right "paperwork" or whatever. Anybody know how much the fine is? I actually probably wont even pay it and theyll just suspend my license in Jersey, 2 down 48 to go
Old 12-10-2003, 08:43 PM
A-CL Zen Buddha Master

Pays to be nice

Originally posted by RaptorCLS
Got pulled over in a residental doing 50 last week.

Cop said: Can you slow it down for me man?
I said: Sorry Sir
Cop said: Can I see your drivers lic. please?
I said: One moment sir (then gave it to him)

Cop came back about 5 minutes later, gave me back my DL and said, "Slow it down a little next time."

I have no front plate, hks draggers, and decal on my rear sides.

I would have to say he was a cool guy.
Hey it pays to be polite and respectful and usually...honest. I got pulled over for no front platees and the guy asked me why I did not have font plates. I told him it looked ugly as hell. He laughed, checked my license and reg. and let me go. If it happens to you...be nice....always helps.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:57 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
here in seattle/tacoma they interviewed some cops/state patrol and they said what they look for mostly are the imports like suped up hondas/acuras
Old 12-10-2003, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by CLpower

:P

It is pretty lame, but it's also rather common.

I went to get a window tint ticket written off. While the cop was signing it off he took a look around my car. Saw my exhaust and then proceeded to write me up for that after having me get in the car to start it up. Dumbass cop didn't even know the exhaust law though, I made him go look it up inside the CHP office to prove him wrong, he really made an ass of himself in front of his fellow co-workers

what is the exhaust law?...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:52 PM
AWD Torque Monster

npchottboi

jersey is the worst. i used to run no plate and tints. never got pulled over anywhere except my home town. go figure. anyways its much better to give them less reasons to pull you over. if i was you i would throw the ambers back in and put amber corner bulbs in ur headlamps and side marker. not only is it legal but 100x cleaner and classier. especially with ur xenon kit the amber contrast looks very classy. ur car is very clean. try it out and i'll bet ull like it.

oh i got pa license now so fuck em. no more front plate. the cops in my town are very confused. they all knew me and the car, but know is completely kitted and dropped. they just follow me. i know i would have at least 10 tickets if i had nj plates still. fuckin nj SUCKS!

oh yeah can i meet up with you sometime. i want to measure how low ur sides are. my front lip is molded also, and im trying to figure out how bad they line up and if i can live with it. right now im level front to back.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:58 AM
Drifting

were all targets
Old 12-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by CLpower
Old 12-11-2003, 06:30 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If the cops see a hooked up car they will check it out, especially if there is a young guy driving it. The things is that a lot of guys are killing or getting killed by street racing. They figure if they scare you by ticketing your "just" for your lights, you will know that they are out there waiting to get you for something far worse.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
I learned long ago, that you have to play by the rules of the game even tho' the rules suck.

I don't drive around with "cops get paid too much" bumper stickers anymore. The "it's 420 time" stickers are gone, and the endless "I like beer" stickers are gone too. I've got amber corners, and a front plate too (even tho' it looks :ghey: )

Ya' really have to blend into the crowd and NOT give the cops ANY reason to pull you over.

Most of the time, they're hoping that when they pull you over for something stupid, that they'll bag you for something bigger (DUI, weed, dead body in the trunk, etc).

Don't give 'em a reason to pull you over, and you'll be ok. In other words, put the front plate back on (or lobby your state representive to get the front plate requirement removed from the state lawbook).
Old 12-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,871 Likes on 3,486 Posts

Ummm, how is it you're gonna help anyone or even your friend the cop?? Just don't understand
Old 12-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Blackbird baby..

Originally posted by DRM600
i guess the moral of this story is don't rice up the car with :ghey: lights?
Old 12-13-2003, 12:27 AM
Shere Ne Pi Estavaros

I don't care what anyone says we guys that live out here in jersey especially the whole new brunswick/ edison/ somerville areas and basically the rest of jersey are under freakin lock down with the damn cops. screw em I say. Its bull shit what these guys do. they'd rather chase u down for a light thats bluish that go after someone committing a crime. what asses.

Word up to the guys around rutgers w/ the Cl's. I"m chillen on college ave alot. I see the white one and the silver one alot.

peace
Old 12-13-2003, 09:37 AM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah it's sh!tty how cops will bust people for retarded for ghey stuff like lights when they should be focused on bigger things like fighting rape,murder,and theft. My buddy who has a Tarsus (which is a domestic keep in mind) since he's put on his lighted windshield sprayers(he hasn't done any power mods or any other lighting mods other than that) he said he gets pulled over ATLEAST once a month . He said usually the cop pulls him over for something retarded like too close to the white line.
basically they look for little sh!t to get you on.