Acura Client Services???

Old 08-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Client Services???

Has anyone had the misfortune of contacting Acura Client Services? I sent a letter to them in May after I had a horrible experience with my local dealer. Long story short, it took my local dealer 4 attempts to replace both headlights on my new CL due to excessive condensation. The dealer installed replacement headlights with fingerprints on the inside of the lenses on two occasions, didn't aim the headlights and also scratched my front bumper. The Service Manager could have cared less that I had to bring the car back 4 times to correct their mistakes. At any rate, since my dealer could have cared less about customer service, I thought I would write a letter to Acura Client Services to inform them of the very bad service that I received. After no response from Acura for almost three months, I called to inquire if they ever received my letter. The gentelmen I spoke to said that they had received my letter and documented my complaint. I asked him why I had never received the courtesy of a response to my letter. His reply was "Why would you want a letter?". Gosh, call me crazy, but since the dealer pretty much blew me off, I sure would have thought that Acura would care enough to at least respond to my letter and apologize for the very poor service that I received. I guess I was expecting too much??? I've owned Acuras exclusively since they came on the market in 1986. But I have to tell you, I like their product, but in terms of taking care of customers after their purchase, I think they have a lot to learn!!
Old 08-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Most of the time "those" people are "subcontractors" to Acura/Honda of America, therefore, they couldn't give a rats ass about your experience at a dealership owned by Joe BLOW in Idaho............You have to call, be aggressive, climb the bull shit ladder and talk to someone with AUTHORITY or it's a WOT: WASTE OF TIME !!!! You think these people are paid big bucks to collect a letter and document it ? All they do is agree with you on the phone, in other words....its like talking to the wall ..........
Old 08-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm -- I received a reply letter right away (hand signed too) when I sent in a letter asking how many six speeder CL's were made/sold and what the color/navi distribution was.

Of course, the answer was short -- I was told they consider that sort of information proprietary and would not share it.

The other letter I sent to Acura was in 1996 or 1997 when I had a complaint about a problem with my Integra (which was minor in retrospect). They sent me a hand-signed reply with a $100 coupon to my next service. Not exactly what I was looking for, but close enough.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:23 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My experience with ACS is that it a waste of brick and steel .. what a joke. I too sent a letter complaining about a problem I had with the car that the dealer refused to even document. Four months later I got a call stating that since there was no record at the dealer for my problem, there was no problem and they would do nothing.

Acura is really sliding down hill with their dealers and customer service. Their build quality is following behind. As far as I'm concerned, they are not worthy of my purchase dollars! I view them as the Kia of luxury makers .. but at least Kia is trying to build a name for themselves versus Acura relying solely upon theirs.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Burning Brakes

i do not write to them, just use the 800 # with decent results

got my hood repainted 2 times

second set of rotors

1 month car payment after 2nd tranny replacement

call and be polite but firm in your request/demand
Old 08-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Pro

But----acording to J.D. Powers Acura cars are in the top 5 in reliability and number 3 in dealer services. Sounds like they're doing something right. Acura of Memphis can't do enough for you!