1250hp Supra!

Old 02-01-2004, 03:54 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you guys run auto now in the Sup or are you guys still using the 6-speed? I remember a while back that Titan held the record for the quickest street class, 6-speed Supra; did something like an 8.9 or something. Still impressive!!! So would Ryan Woon now hold the record for the quickest street driven 6-speed Supra???
yes we have a powerglide in the car now - have had that in the car for about 8 months now

our fastest time with the 6 speed was 8.90 @ 167

our fastest currently with the powerglide is 8.52 @ 169

the powerglide is just so much more consistent than the 6 speed could ever be that is the reason for the change, not to mention ultimately it is a lot easier to put the power to the ground with the auto tranny in the car

as it sits right now - the car has the horsepower to be running 8.20s if not a bit better - just a traction issue at this point in time - every test session we attend we are getting about 1/10th quicker so soon we will be there

also remember that all these times are done on BFG Drag Radials - we run in the Pro Street Tire class in Nopi so by the rules we have to run the tires - although in all honesty, even if the class allowed slicks, we wouldn't change - the BFG Drag Radials are just that damn good

James
James@TitanMotorsports.com
www.TitanMotorsports.com
Old 02-02-2004, 12:08 AM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Originally posted by CLpower
I built this

I also have about a handfull of friends/associates w/ supras.

what have you done?
i 've done 2 camaro's ( 76 and 79) both 10 sec cars..a 12 sec 87 mustang. don't have capabilities to post pics?
btw, i never said anything about being a supra expert? i said a 1000hp car should be running.......thank you:pfawk:
Old 02-02-2004, 12:13 AM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Originally posted by SiGGy
I was ASE certified.... ( I stopped turning a wrench a few years ago)

but WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Just because YOU have had training DOES NOT MEAN YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT WITH SUPRAS.

sheesh... pull your head out of your ass.

So your a trained know it all. In other words your a young arrogant fool.

So what experience with Supras makes you the expert?
i just wonder from some of the bs statements made here by clueless fucks like yourself, thats why i question the auto intellect of some...when did i claim to be a supra expert?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Suzuka Master

From the auction page: ***Note this car can be driven on the street with dot front tires. *** Why on the front and not rear?
Old 02-02-2004, 11:05 AM
WHO'S NEXT!!

siggy, who the fuck do you think you are comin at me when i'm not even talkin to your :ghey: "ase trained " ass
:sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
Old 02-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by quikcls
siggy, who the fuck do you think you are comin at me when i'm not even talkin to your :ghey: "ase trained " ass
:sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:

You obviously had no clue that supras have serious traction problems. Which is why mattg said what he said.

So you have no experience with forced induction inline 6cyls? or with Supras.

You talk way too much shit, stop acting like a know it all. Or go somewhere else with your BS.

No disagreement on what a 1000hp car should run, but someone who hasn't had any experiences with a Supra would say what you did.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

i just wonder from some of the bs statements made here by clueless fucks like yourself, thats why i question the auto intellect of some...when did i claim to be a supra expert?
What makes me clueless? and what have I said thats BS?

Instead of posting all the little smilies you can. Why don't you stand behind your words elaborate on what I have said that is BS.

I've just called your childish BS. Thats about it.

i 've done 2 camaro's ( 76 and 79) both 10 sec cars..a 12 sec 87 mustang. don't have capabilities to post pics?
btw, i never said anything about being a supra expert? i said a 1000hp car should be running.......thank you:pfawk:

They are also known as "highway/dyno queens" ...

It's an art to get the suspension setup right on them.

Originally posted by greenmonster
What does a 400hp, 600 hp and a 800hp Supra all have in common?

They all do the 1/4 in 10 seconds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and your response.

try 12/10/8 sec quarters
Old 02-02-2004, 12:53 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

1st off what did i say that was bs?
2nd i was making a general statement of 1/4 times based on hp..not on a supra ( because that statement of " what do 4/6/and 800 hp supras have in common, they all run 12 sec quarters") is bs!!!
3rd who are you to say i don't know what i'm talkin about just cuz i know how a car operates inside and out
4th the mustang was a daily driver
Old 02-02-2004, 12:54 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
I thought it was "they all run 12s"
Old 02-02-2004, 12:58 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
2nd i was making a general statement of 1/4 times based on hp..not on a supra ( because that statement of " what do 4/6/and 800 hp supras have in common, they all run 12 sec quarters") is bs!!!
3rd who are you to say i don't know what i'm talkin about just cuz i know how a car operates inside and out
however this topic wasn't about the Mustang you built, it was about the supra.

And if you knew anything about it you would know the word on the street/internet joke is "what does a 4/6/800 HP supra have in common, they all run 12's"

I don't think anyone here was shooting BS other then you. You may know your shit, no one has denied you that, but it's obvious you don't know the supra.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:09 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

if i recall wasn't it you that showed me your custom project and asked what i've built?
and again never did i say i knew everything about a supra so stop bringing that up.
no i've actually never heard that joke about the supra? i'm suprised someone actually made a joke about the supra, cuz its such a impressive car in all aspects
what have i said that was bs?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:14 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
if i recall wasn't it you that showed me your custom project and asked what i've built?
and again never did i say i knew everything about a supra so stop bringing that up.
no i've actually never heard that joke about the supra? i'm suprised someone actually made a joke about the supra, cuz its such a impressive car in all aspects
what have i said that was bs?

only after you had opened your loud mouth trying to figure out how you were the only clueless one about the supra. Man are you a tool

no one in the thread doubted the supra from being an impressive car either, drag racing just isn't it's fortay.

you are the one trying to come off as GOD of all car knowledge, obviously you don't have knowledge of teh supra.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

and you said...

try 12/10/8 sec quarters
Sorry that's not correct, and you made a statement. Not a generalization.

(I hate repeating myself, so this is my last time I waste part of my day replying)

ciao
Old 02-02-2004, 01:54 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Old 02-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts