Rocky Mountains Colorado, Utah & Wyoming

5280 Custom Car Show 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Mile High Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
5280 Custom Car Show 2011

Okay gents I know we love to have meets but I feel like doing something more starting this year.

I go to several car shows each summer because I love cars... the problem is the vast majority of them are classics and muscle cars. While I enjoy these cars I WANT TO SEE SOME TUNER AND CUSTOM CARS TOO!

So I am in the process of founding and starting a car show dedicated to the import tuner and custom modifier industry. I really want to make this a reality but I need help. I need 3 to 4 very dedicated and reliable individuals to work hard with me on this and the rest of you to spread the word to other forums/car clubs/dealerships/vendors/ etc.

I am not looking to make a profit here just make enjough to run the show. I will need to raise capital through food and apparal sells and registration fees at the show partnered with vendor sponsorships/donations. I will create the website for this meet and IF A PROFIT IS MADE AT THE END OF THE DAY I WILL SPLIT IT EQUALLY WITH THE OTHER CORE INDIVIDUALS.

Here is the start of the flyer for the event:

There will still be a location map and vendor logos on the final product.

Here are my considerations to date:

5280 imports/customs/tuners and more!

Venue
-permit
-cost
- restrictions
-when
-where
-times

Vendors
-car clubs
-Car Audio
-Wheel/Tire
-dealerships such as:
--honda, acura, toyota, lexus, nissan, infiniti, mitsu, bmw, audi, mercedes, ford, chevy, dodge, supercars etc.
-magazines
-Apparel

Music
- DJ

Models
-henieken girls (my sister is one)
-bacardi girls
-promotion girls for fan photos/ car photos and bring crowd in

Website
-website for info/registration/disclaimers
-photos
-blog
-links to facebook/myspace/twitter

Contests
-BEST of Show
-BEST Interior
-BEST Sound
-BEST Honda/Acura
-BEST Toyota/Lexus/Scion
-BEST Nissan/Infiniti
-BEST Mazda
-BEST BMW
-BEST VW/Audi
-BEST Mitsubishi
-BEST Mercedes
-BEST Domestic
-BEST Exotic

Cleanup
-waste management
-logistics
-site requirements

Liabilities
-insurance
-cost for each item
-damage deposits costs
-waivers
-contracts for vendors/models
-security
-steps to avoid lawsuit.

Promotion-
-website
-flyers
-forums
-word of mouth
-schools
-myspace/facebook/twitter
-shirts/tanks/stickers etc.

Any input, feedback is welcome and if you are interested let me know. Networking is the key to an event like this so I hope to make this dream a reality
Old 02-08-2011, 12:30 AM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
This sounds awesome man, got any ideas for venue yet? Definitely keeping my eye on this...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Mile High

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
WOW Awesome! You are the shit for putting this together!

I would like to dedicate my time and services to you. I make websites, computer graphics, 3d renderings, etc. for a living; so, I should be able to help you in the promotion area as well as organizing stuff. My fiancé's family is very good friends with a few lawyers for legal help and they also know a few people that are in to the tuning/car world that would probably love to be a part of this or who can atleast help spread the word.

PM me and ill shoot you my email address and we can get this started
Old 02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Mile High Anthracite

^^^ that is GREAT! I'll see who else is on board by the end of the week and try to arrange a quick meeting to define roles and responsibilities.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
remind us when it gets closer... i don't plan that far out
Old 02-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Mile High Anthracite

Originally Posted by friesm2000
Ambition at its finest.... I like how you used the "us" as a blanket response for the rest of the rocky mountain region.

I posted this thread soley to see who might want to be a part of this, I'll make ya'll aware as the event draws near and would hope to see several of you showcase your cars in it.

The sad part is, events like this can't happen over night and do require planning. The type of event I'm envisioning will take a lot of planning to make it a success. If we don't start booking vendors, securing sponsors, reserving sites, booking food, applying for permits, interviewing models, ordering prizes etc etc etc.... these opportunities will most likely be reserved by other entities and we could be faced with hasty mistakes, possible litigation and worst of all, have a poor turnout due to lack of planning.

I figured I would start this process with this forum becuase the cumulative network and skillset of individuals on here reaches out to several organizations/networks in the Colorado community. I also wanted to give the members of this forum the chance to be a part of something that we all have a passion for.

I found one in Chris, which I am excited to partner with, and along with a few other people we'll make this a reality.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Trendzero
Ambition at its finest.... I like how you used the "us" as a blanket response for the rest of the rocky mountain region.

I posted this thread soley to see who might want to be a part of this, I'll make ya'll aware as the event draws near and would hope to see several of you showcase your cars in it.

The sad part is, events like this can't happen over night and do require planning. The type of event I'm envisioning will take a lot of planning to make it a success. If we don't start booking vendors, securing sponsors, reserving sites, booking food, applying for permits, interviewing models, ordering prizes etc etc etc.... these opportunities will most likely be reserved by other entities and we could be faced with hasty mistakes, possible litigation and worst of all, have a poor turnout due to lack of planning.

I figured I would start this process with this forum becuase the cumulative network and skillset of individuals on here reaches out to several organizations/networks in the Colorado community. I also wanted to give the members of this forum the chance to be a part of something that we all have a passion for.

I found one in Chris, which I am excited to partner with, and along with a few other people we'll make this a reality.
i did not mean it like that , but i guess it works though

and as far as helping i might be able to get some help as far as sponsorship from the flatirons acura/subaru/tuning up in boulder (or even possibly a place to meet)

you would have to prepare and present your stuff to them though; i am no where close to good at doing that stuff; but i be able to get your a very good foot into the door though (it's bad when they know me and the wife too; when i walk in the door, because i buy enough parts from them )
Old 02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Mile High

Gotta love your passion! I am already excited about all this, can't wait to get started
Old 02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Mile High Anthracite

^^^ Sorry I get emotional over things I am passionate about. What you suggested is exactly what I am looking for. Mainly I need people to spread the word and get me connected with potential sponsors so I can broker a deal with them for funds or donations for raffle prizes. I need them soon enough to include their logo on the flyer and shirts. Places like Dealerships, independent shops, tint places, audio stores, wheel and tire shops, exhaust shops, auto parts shops, etc. etc.

I fully expect to do the majority of the heavy lifting and it sounds like Chris has got some skillz to make the website/registration/internet promotion part of it hawt

Here is my option A for the site:

It is right off the highway, easy access for travelers, ample space for the car show and ample space for guests to park. Food and fun in the same location so I will hit those businesses up for sponsorships since they can see in increase in revenues that day. I am talking to the Westminster planning commission currently to secure this site.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

^^ That's where the KBPI car show used to be before they moved to Bandimere...it was HUGE! Definitely no problem for space there.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:24 PM
B A N N E D

^^^ Sorry I get emotional over things I am passionate about. What you suggested is exactly what I am looking for. Mainly I need people to spread the word and get me connected with potential sponsors so I can broker a deal with them for funds or donations for raffle prizes. I need them soon enough to include their logo on the flyer and shirts. Places like Dealerships, independent shops, tint places, audio stores, wheel and tire shops, exhaust shops, auto parts shops, etc. etc.

I fully expect to do the majority of the heavy lifting and it sounds like Chris has got some skillz to make the website/registration/internet promotion part of it hawt

Here is my option A for the site:

It is right off the highway, easy access for travelers, ample space for the car show and ample space for guests to park. Food and fun in the same location so I will hit those businesses up for sponsorships since they can see in increase in revenues that day. I am talking to the Westminster planning commission currently to secure this site.
I LIKE nice and close for me... (i am probably 5-10 minutes from there, and most of that is traffic lights and shit)

also for that dealer; at least it will be up here and like down south or something instead

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
^^ That's where the KBPI car show used to be before they moved to Bandimere...it was HUGE! Definitely no problem for space there.
so the owners might be willing to actually let it happen...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
B A N N E D

5280FEST

would be a good name, like Acurafest, Subiefest, Bimmerfest
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 PM
B A N N E D

also ingall's engineering is local too (and they have use my car before)

or even MAC autosport down in parker, the tuner guy remember me like almost a year later...
Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

U got PM Scott
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
B A N N E D

how about some parts from you ronjon...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Mile High Anthracite

5280FEST

I'm diggin it and the domain 5280fest.com is available Rolls of the lip better.

also ingall's engineering is local too (and they have use my car before)

or even MAC autosport down in parker, the tuner guy remember me like almost a year later...
Any and everyone we can get. the more giveaways and the more $$$$$ we have to invest in this the bigger and better it will be. Get enough $$$ and we could do some radio or paper advertising
Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 PM
B A N N E D

yeah, actually thank gio
Old 02-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Mile High

I like 5280fest

Location looks promising as well, especially since there have been car shows there before.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Flagship Aspec

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Same

5280FEST

or SUCKfest
Old 02-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If we don't start booking vendors, securing sponsors, reserving sites, booking food, applying for permits, interviewing models, ordering prizes etc etc etc.... these opportunities will most likely be reserved by other entities and we could be faced with hasty mistakes, possible litigation and worst of all, have a poor turnout due to lack of planning.
Already on it Scott! Top notch...
Now only if i can convince them to come back with me.

As for the rest of you guys... stop being bitches and actually help. Don't expect to show up when you did nothing, fucking lazy asses.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Mile High

^ Agreed lol,

I threw together a logo of sorts to help get things rolling. Let me know what you guys think....

Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM
B A N N E D

btw i CALL DIBS on being the bikini contest judge (or wet t-shirt)
Old 02-09-2011, 08:10 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by DigitalEmpire22
^ Agreed lol,

I threw together a logo of sorts to help get things rolling. Let me know what you guys think....

that's actually really good for a first attempt

edit: one thing though, most of our speedos go up to 160 though

Last edited by friesm2000; 02-09-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Mile High Anthracite

That is SICK!!!! I've got a meeting tuesday at six to secure the site so if that goes well its on! I love the logo! Can you email it to me so I can put it on the flyer?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Mile High

^Thanks! Will do, I will send u a PM for ur address.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:24 PM
B A N N E D

i was thinking about that logo; and since scott does have a 3g, and he did ORIGINALLY post his idea on here; MAYBE make that speedo a 3g base one

and put like the year or something, like how you have it in that logo, in the odometer display (along with maybe "Presented by acuraZINE.com" in there also
Old 02-09-2011, 11:29 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by tc5280
Same

or SUCKfest
http://www.rawtube.com/videos/suck-fest-1102.html

Old 02-09-2011, 11:41 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

That logo is killer man! Good start for sure.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 AM
99 TLS6 08 TL

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
You fuckstick! I was at work when I clicked that link! A NSFW warning would've been great.

That logo looks great! Nice job.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Mile High

^ I know me too! Click the link and my laptop screams out "Pussy Man Christopher..." shut it off before anything else

Thanks for the comments guys, I will keep yall updated with the changes
Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by timberland73
You fuckstick! I was at work when I clicked that link! A NSFW warning would've been great.

That logo looks great! Nice job.
not monitored like all the rest of you suckers at work (and even then i was at home when i posted the link)

^ I know me too! Click the link and my laptop screams out "Pussy Man Christopher..." shut it off before anything else

Thanks for the comments guys, I will keep yall updated with the changes
no speakers at work, so noise is not an issue
Old 02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
SHAWD 04TL is in

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
^ Agreed lol,

great job! LOVE THE CF!... just a suggestion... limit the bevel & make the "fest" a bit easier to read, maybe a less aggressive font. These suggestions are strictly for the purpose of digitizing the logo to make it 'VINYL STICKER" & "SCREEN PRINT" friendly.

You wana make sure you can market the show & raise funds by sellin products in every cost effective way possible.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Mile High

^ Thanks for the props and advice! I was thinking something was wrong with the text, but once you pointed out the bevel and the aggressiveness it hit me. Will find a new font for sure.

Good call with the vinyl sticker/screen print I didn't think about how that would transfer to a monotone application. Looks like I have some thinking to do!

Always helps to have new eyes look at a design, keep the comments coming!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Mile High Anthracite

^ thanks for the suggestion. I would love to chat with you sometime soon about a few things regarding an event like this since you have first hand experience?????
Old 02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
SHAWD 04TL is in

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
^ Thanks for the props and advice! I was thinking something was wrong with the text, but once you pointed out the bevel and the aggressiveness it hit me. Will find a new font for sure.

Good call with the vinyl sticker/screen print I didn't think about how that would transfer to a monotone application. Looks like I have some thinking to do!

Always helps to have new eyes look at a design, keep the comments coming!
No prob, I love looking at other work. Getting inspiration is how we keep our ISH fresh. Sharing ideas & making it happen.

^ thanks for the suggestion. I would love to chat with you sometime soon about a few things regarding an event like this since you have first hand experience?????
No prob, PM me anytime. I was in your shoes 2 years ago with the first ACURAFEST.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Mile High

Ok, so I re-looked at the font/guage and I addressed the issues with stickers and print. Check it out....

Old 02-10-2011, 08:15 PM
B A N N E D

i WANT 160 on the speedometer

also scott don't forget to ask for permission for using the acurazine name (i don't really see any reason why he wouldn't though, but more for legal purposes)

also with the FEST part in red, i know it "pops" more, but maybe green instead for the state license plate color (or at least the standard issue one) or something; as another reference to here

also as a side note for the stickers, black does not stand out too well when your windows are tinted either

Last edited by friesm2000; 02-10-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Mile High

lol I wanted to put 160 on there too but it will get too cluttered
Old 02-10-2011, 08:24 PM
B A N N E D

good point , theres a reason why i am not in the graphics field

also i noticed something else, look at where the zero is on the sticker one, pointing straight down where the other or pointing to the right some
Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Mile High Anthracite

Ok, so I re-looked at the font/guage and I addressed the issues with stickers and print. Check it out....

Just my opinion, I like the guage more in this version and the carbon outline on the F, but I kinda like the "Fest" style more on your prior version. Any thoughts? Are you feeling this one more?

I dig like the sticker concept but wouldn't the primary logo be suitable for print? I mean screenprinters have very detailed pics on their apparel these days. It makes sense for hats stickers though.

Also, I dig the concept of incorporating things "colorado" but I think the red black and white combo looks fierce

Quick Reply: 5280 Custom Car Show 2011