United Airlines - Page 14 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

United Airlines

Old 11-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,725 Posts
While the cleaning crew obviously fucked up.... but Delta is at fault since they were supposed to check and re check the plane prior letting the passengers in.

If they missed a whole bunch of shit, then whoever was responsible checking that section should be fired for this.
What If it was not shit,,, but some "other stuff" and no one noticed?
Old 11-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanked 4,318 Times in 3,106 Posts
Did someone say there’s snakes on a plane?
Old 03-08-2019, 12:51 PM
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"

United Airlines fires 35 employees for abusing, selling travel perks

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...es/3102781002/

More than 35 United Airlines employees were fired after the company discovered they were abusing their employee travel perks by selling travel passes, which are intended for employees and their friends and family.

"United employees at the gate noticed something fishy about a particular group of nine non-revenue pass riders," the company said in an article published on United's internal site and obtained by USA TODAY. "The three families, who were traveling internationally, stated that they had 'paid for' first class tickets – but they were on non-revenue reservations and were unable to provide the names of the employees who had provided the tickets."

Following an investigation, the airline "uncovered a brokering scheme where employees were soliciting pass travel privileges from their colleagues to put up for sale."

United discovered some employees gave fake documentation to in order to name travelers as their stepparents or domestic partners.

"Some of the employees who gave up their passes received payment, while others were deceived into giving away their pass travel privileges based on the pretext that the passes were for a good friend or a relative (although even that would be against the rules)," the airline stated in the article.

The employees involved were fired, United explained, noting "some claimed that they believed that what they were doing was OK, since they had pass travel privileges that weren’t being used."

Already so fortunate to work at a major legacy air carrier with nice travel perks...want to make a few bucks and abuse their travel passes....and then lose their job. Not the sharpest knife in the kitchen....

But I am curious as to how much those people paid for their 1st class non-revenue tickets...heck I'd pay like $2,000-$3,000 'under the table' for a first class trans-oceanic flight....

Last edited by nist7; 03-08-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Recruits for Satan

Yea that is one of the major points that they stressed to us during our orientation.

And I wouldn't do it any way as anyone traveling on my pass, if they do something stupid. it is on me and my job.

I don't have very many people that I would give them to. Maybe just my sister and brother-inlaw.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.