Notices

Television: True Detective

 
Old 01-22-2019, 08:35 AM
  #241  
Registered Member
 
Joneill44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lowell,MA
Age: 27
Posts: 5,356
Liked 2,857 Times in 1,231 Posts
Idk if its just me but I thought ep3 was a snooze fest
Joneill44 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:27 AM
  #242  
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,070
Liked 14,812 Times in 9,182 Posts
Originally Posted by Joneill44 View Post
Idk if its just me but I thought ep3 was a snooze fest
Well, it didn't end on some sort of mega-cliffhanger. But, it did progress the story further as you got a glimpse of Hays' relationship with his wife and something that is "off" about the girl's disappearance. Hays is guilty of something or appears that way.

It's not as much edge-on-your seats as first two episodes, I agree.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 07:28 AM
  #243  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 24,957
Liked 804 Times in 629 Posts
There's key data like where the body was found and what was near the spot. Plus what was going on in Walgreens and the brown sedan which was left off.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 08:18 AM
  #244  
Registered Member
 
Joneill44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lowell,MA
Age: 27
Posts: 5,356
Liked 2,857 Times in 1,231 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Well, it didn't end on some sort of mega-cliffhanger. But, it did progress the story further as you got a glimpse of Hays' relationship with his wife and something that is "off" about the girl's disappearance. Hays is guilty of something or appears that way.

It's not as much edge-on-your seats as first two episodes, I agree.
Ya I guess youre right. It is hard to tie in three different time lines at once and last episode did a good job

It looks like next week will be a lot more cop work
Joneill44 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:43 AM
  #245  
Registered Member
 
Joneill44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lowell,MA
Age: 27
Posts: 5,356
Liked 2,857 Times in 1,231 Posts
The last scene saved that episode
Joneill44 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:37 AM
  #246  
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,070
Liked 14,812 Times in 9,182 Posts
Have not yet watched it...hoping to tonight.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:40 PM
  #247  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 24,957
Liked 804 Times in 629 Posts
Originally Posted by Joneill44 View Post
The last scene saved that episode
Nah it was solid. The interview by Roland and Hays was some of the best acting I've seen by the interviewee. The diner scene. The interview in that dude's office.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 09:47 PM
  #248  
Registered Member
 
Joneill44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lowell,MA
Age: 27
Posts: 5,356
Liked 2,857 Times in 1,231 Posts
Thoughts?
Joneill44 is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 11:29 PM
  #249  
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,070
Liked 14,812 Times in 9,182 Posts
Originally Posted by Joneill44 View Post
Thoughts?
Liked it. Did not turn out at all how I thought or the conspiracy theories of a pedophile ring...but, I liked how this season ended. It's not as dark as Season 1 but I don't that was the point to recreate that sort of ugly dreariness...?

There was closure which was nice, I think. And obviously, though, for Wayne...he was THIS close to seeing the happy ending when he had that revelation but...did he get to see it or did his illness stop that? Still, I think he found his own happiness/closure by being surrounded by his family...and well, reunited with Roland. Anyways...good stuff. Not everything has to be ugly, right? World has enough these days.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 07:05 AM
  #250  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 24,957
Liked 804 Times in 629 Posts
Spoiler tags?

Spoiler
Yeah ending was pretty good but man this guy teased us all season. I need to process this more but he swiftly checked a lot of boxes. Best scene hands down, car ride to go see Watts where they kept changing ages.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:35 AM
  #251  
Registered Member
 
Joneill44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lowell,MA
Age: 27
Posts: 5,356
Liked 2,857 Times in 1,231 Posts
I kinda have the same conclusion. The ending seemed didnt seem to match the lead up but like Yum said sometimes it doesnt have to all dark and gloomy
Joneill44 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:49 AM
  #252  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 24,957
Liked 804 Times in 629 Posts
The only fuck up I mind
Spoiler
why didn't he call Roland to go see Julie?
Doom878 is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 10:46 AM
  #253  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 52,083
Liked 1,772 Times in 1,055 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Liked it. Did not turn out at all how I thought or the conspiracy theories of a pedophile ring...but, I liked how this season ended. It's not as dark as Season 1 but I don't that was the point to recreate that sort of ugly dreariness...?

There was closure which was nice, I think. And obviously, though, for Wayne...he was THIS close to seeing the happy ending when he had that revelation but...did he get to see it or did his illness stop that? Still, I think he found his own happiness/closure by being surrounded by his family...and well, reunited with Roland. Anyways...good stuff. Not everything has to be ugly, right? World has enough these days.
I just finished S3, have the same feelings...

Spoiler
A little part me of me thinks that the final issue just barely slipping past Wayne due to his illness was his punishment for his killing of the security chief, but the karmic universe considered it a fair trade and he gets to ride out his final years happy.
stogie1020 is online now  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
lbabus
2G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation
2
10-12-2015 07:00 AM
xsilverhawkx
2G TL Problems & Fixes
4
10-05-2015 11:00 AM
SiClone
3G TL Performance Parts & Modifications
12
10-01-2015 10:22 PM
Yumcha
Automotive News
1
09-25-2015 06:05 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Television: True Detective


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.