So What's Everyone Doing Today? Part II - Page 294 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Off Topic Discussion > Ramblings
Reload this Page >

So What's Everyone Doing Today? Part II

Notices

So What's Everyone Doing Today? Part II

Old 07-11-2018, 12:57 PM
  #11721  
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 37
Posts: 87,708
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,995 Posts


97BlackAckCL is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 01:14 PM
  #11722  
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)
iTrader: (1)
 
gatrhumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 32,624
Thanked 1,042 Times in 694 Posts
Wut.
gatrhumpy is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 01:28 PM
  #11723  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy View Post
Quit playin', dawg.
Look at Mayo.. using proper punctuation and shit
Majofo is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 04:20 PM
  #11724  
Registered Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Flipster23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,876
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,680 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo View Post
Gatr ain't black that's fa sho
Not even below da waist. Poor guy...

Flipster23 is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 07:58 PM
  #11725  
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)
iTrader: (1)
 
gatrhumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 32,624
Thanked 1,042 Times in 694 Posts
Originally Posted by Flipster23 View Post
Not even below da waist. Poor guy...

You weren't complaining last night!
gatrhumpy is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 09:01 PM
  #11726  
Recruits for Satan
 
Beelzebub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 49
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 129 Times in 82 Posts
Yea....

My company was just sold.......
See how long I still have a job...
Beelzebub is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:54 PM
  #11727  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
Yea....

My company was just sold.......
See how long I still have a job...
I mean with that type of attitude.. shit.

Economy is pretty hot right now.. good time to jump around anyways

Best thing that could happen is you get cut, severance check, back to work the week after
Not the next week because some fuck around time, don't have a job but do have a big fat check
Would be nice

Majofo is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:55 PM
  #11728  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy View Post
You weren't complaining last night!
Didn't feel shit!


Majofo is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 01:06 AM
  #11729  
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 39
Posts: 46,682
Thanked 3,688 Times in 1,962 Posts
Finally sold the 62 Imperial. Got flat bedded out this evening to head to its new home:

In fucking AZ!
Sarlacc is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:17 AM
  #11730  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,009
Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,587 Posts
Damn Stogie bought your Imperial nice. I mean he had to buy something after he sold his man card for the minivan.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 08:30 AM
  #11731  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
I hope it's headed to a new life. Maybe a badass restomod.
Majofo is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 08:35 AM
  #11732  
Recruits for Satan
 
Beelzebub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 49
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 129 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo View Post
I mean with that type of attitude.. shit.

Economy is pretty hot right now.. good time to jump around anyways

Best thing that could happen is you get cut, severance check, back to work the week after
Not the next week because some fuck around time, don't have a job but do have a big fat check
Would be nice

Well there isn't a lot of overlap between our companies so my job is probably safe .
But if I do get laid off it will be a years salary and I know I would have a job in a week.
Beelzebub is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 08:51 AM
  #11733  
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 37
Posts: 87,708
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
Damn Stogie bought your Imperial nice. I mean he had to buy something after he sold his man card for the minivan.
97BlackAckCL is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:05 AM
  #11734  
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 39
Posts: 46,682
Thanked 3,688 Times in 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo View Post
I hope it's headed to a new life. Maybe a badass restomod.
guy just wants to clean it up. Fix a couple things and make it his daily driver.
Sarlacc is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:25 AM
  #11735  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
Well there isn't a lot of overlap between our companies so my job is probably safe .
But if I do get laid off it will be a years salary and I know I would have a job in a week.
Hell yeah!

Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post

guy just wants to clean it up. Fix a couple things and make it his daily driver.
So... sit in his garage for 10 years and sell it when he either dies or his wife makes him..
Majofo is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 AM
  #11736  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
I've been through 2 buyouts.. survived both.
Usually if you're first level to the core business, you're safe
Majofo is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:30 AM
  #11737  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,082
Thanked 13,736 Times in 10,200 Posts
my company is trying to renegotiate the lease and give back some office space.

we're not doing too good.
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:50 AM
  #11738  
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 37
Posts: 87,708
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo View Post
I've been through 2 buyouts.. survived both.
Usually if you're first level to the core business, you're safe
Yeah, really depends on the company buying and what they need. Most company's aren't equipped to handle a whole new infrastructure. Hopefully it works out, but like Maj said, the market is red hot right now. I've been getting 3-5 recruiter calls a week average
97BlackAckCL is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:55 AM
  #11739  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
my company is trying to renegotiate the lease and give back some office space.

we're not doing too good.
Crabs you need to get off your ass mang
If you would have made moves back when you'd be there already
You're not too old, you can change direction anytime

I know the oil business is picking up but regardless you can do so much better for yourself
I truly believe that.
Majofo is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:57 AM
  #11740  
Registered Member
 
brian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,963
Thanked 807 Times in 531 Posts
I'm here for the intervention
brian2 is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:57 AM
  #11741  
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 39
Posts: 46,682
Thanked 3,688 Times in 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo View Post
Hell yeah!



So... sit in his garage for 10 years and sell it when he either dies or his wife makes him..
nah I don’t think so. I think all he does is mess with cars.
Sarlacc is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:32 AM
  #11742  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,082
Thanked 13,736 Times in 10,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo View Post
Crabs you need to get off your ass mang
If you would have made moves back when you'd be there already
You're not too old, you can change direction anytime

I know the oil business is picking up but regardless you can do so much better for yourself
I truly believe that.
i'm lazy!!!
wish I had rockstars drive!

never too old to change directions, people do it all the time...plus, i'm not adverse to adversity.

I just dont want to commit to something and then quit...because that's my MO. I'm lazy.
I do plan on the transferring of wealth, as I'll most likely transfer the house into my name with $220-230k of equity.
I want to do something with that. but that takes time and research. ultimate goal would be an apartment complex. or 4 complexes..
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:34 AM
  #11743  
Moderator
 
cu2wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Dirty H-Town, Amerikkka
Posts: 19,875
Thanked 3,984 Times in 2,855 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo View Post
Crabs you need to get off your ass mang
If you would have made moves back when you'd be there already
You're not too old, you can change direction anytime

I know the oil business is picking up but regardless you can do so much better for yourself
I truly believe that.
Originally Posted by brian2 View Post
I'm here for the intervention
Yeah, Crabman. It's okay. You're fantastic and people genuinely do like you.

Now what that mouth do?
cu2wagon is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 AM
  #11744  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post


nah I don’t think so. I think all he does is mess with cars.
Cool.. must be nice
So many project cars on my mind.

Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
i'm lazy!!!
wish I had rockstars drive!

never too old to change directions, people do it all the time...plus, i'm not adverse to adversity.

I just dont want to commit to something and then quit...because that's my MO. I'm lazy.
I do plan on the transferring of wealth, as I'll most likely transfer the house into my name with $220-230k of equity.
I want to do something with that. but that takes time and research. ultimate goal would be an apartment complex. or 4 complexes..
I'm with that plan too.. but that plan can be a reality sooner if you make more up front.
Majofo is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:38 AM
  #11745  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,082
Thanked 13,736 Times in 10,200 Posts
needs 100k for downpayment of aprtment building.
the equity in my house will achieve that! lol
I have 6-8 months emergency fund. plus a little extra that COULD go into my Roth IRA to fund two years (11k), but I like cash. lol
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:39 AM
  #11746  
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 37
Posts: 87,708
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,995 Posts
Justin lives with Rockstar?
97BlackAckCL is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:43 AM
  #11747  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,082
Thanked 13,736 Times in 10,200 Posts
no...Rockstar's drive. his motivation. this fool mows the yard every three days.
fixes the audi before it even knows it's broken
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:23 PM
  #11748  
Registered Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Flipster23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,876
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,680 Posts
You don't want to be like that foo.

Ninja still driving that dookie brown.
Flipster23 is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:32 PM
  #11749  
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 37
Posts: 87,708
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,995 Posts
Striving to be more like Rockstar.... Damn Justin
97BlackAckCL is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:33 PM
  #11750  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mr. Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southeast, Va
Posts: 22,618
Thanked 3,500 Times in 1,716 Posts
The dumb rockstar..
Mr. Maker is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:35 PM
  #11751  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,082
Thanked 13,736 Times in 10,200 Posts
it was kinda cool watching him work, when I visited him.
Goes 90mph on everything he does.
i'm like bro, slow down...hit this blunt.
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 01:25 PM
  #11752  
Registered Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Flipster23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,876
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,680 Posts
You watched him work too..
Flipster23 is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 01:50 PM
  #11753  
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 37
Posts: 87,708
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by Flipster23 View Post
You watched him work too..
He stared at his plumbers crack the whole time
97BlackAckCL is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 02:53 PM
  #11754  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 51,622
Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,021 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
Finally sold the 62 Imperial. Got flat bedded out this evening to head to its new home:

In fucking AZ!
Even your car moved to AZ. If it's headed to the north Phoenix area, I may even see it driving around.

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
Damn Stogie bought your Imperial nice. I mean he had to buy something after he sold his man card for the minivan.
Not going to lie, I like the minivan.
stogie1020 is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 03:14 PM
  #11755  
Excels at nothing
 
svtmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago
Age: 54
Posts: 34,971
Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,227 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020 View Post
Even your car moved to AZ. If it's headed to the north Phoenix area, I may even see it driving around.


Not going to lie, I like the minivan.
Back in the early 90s a friend of mine bought a Dodge Caravan. He tried to convince me that it was the ultimate highway cruiser.

I laughed all the way back to my Taurus SHO.

svtmike is online now  
Old 07-12-2018, 03:37 PM
  #11756  
Registered Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Flipster23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,876
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,680 Posts
Everyone knocks the minivan.

That shit is so versatile, I like mine a lot!
Flipster23 is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 03:39 PM
  #11757  
Moderator
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 80,069
Thanked 9,580 Times in 7,044 Posts
Kev must be in the same support group

Originally Posted by svtmike View Post
Back in the early 90s a friend of mine bought a Dodge Caravan. He tried to convince me that it was the ultimate highway cruiser.

I laughed all the way back to my Taurus SHO.
Majofo is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 03:55 PM
  #11758  
Registered Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Flipster23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,876
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,680 Posts
Flipster23 is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 04:00 PM
  #11759  
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 37
Posts: 87,708
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike View Post
I laughed all the way back to my Taurus SHO.
97BlackAckCL is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 05:38 PM
  #11760  
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 39
Posts: 46,682
Thanked 3,688 Times in 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020 View Post
Even your car moved to AZ. If it's headed to the north Phoenix area, I may even see it driving around.
Mesa...so not far but more east I believe.
Sarlacc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So What's Everyone Doing Today? Part II


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.