The Official Diecast Model News and Discussion Thread - Page 7 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community



The Official Diecast Model News and Discussion Thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #241
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
Sure, the better question is do I remember what's in my e-mail.


Well, go re-read it.
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #242
Administrator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 40
Posts: 31,047
Thanked 580 Times in 344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumchah


Well, go re-read it.
Oh yea! now I remember!

You'll have a nice, new package coming your way soon.
Sly Raskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #243
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
Oh yea! now I remember!

You'll have a nice, new package coming your way soon.
NO MORE ROSIES!











Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #244
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,435
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal


By the way, are you home yet? I have some crap to send you!
Moog-Type-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #245
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
FYI for the collectors: AutoArt is making a limited ed. of the 1/18 Aston Martin DBR9 Gulf Oil Livery race car...


Preorders are available in most online stores that sell diecast car models...
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #246
Big Block go VROOOM!
 
Billiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Burbs
Age: 46
Posts: 8,580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post


(only because I couldn't find any myself on the AA web site)
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #247
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam


(only because I couldn't find any myself on the AA web site)
Here ya go: Aston Martin DBR9 Gulf Oil Livery
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #248
Big Block go VROOOM!
 
Billiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Burbs
Age: 46
Posts: 8,580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Speaking of AutoArt and Gulf, AA is apparently going to release another run of Steve McQueen's Porsche 917 from the movie LeMans in 1:18.




But if you really have $'s to burn, there's GMP's Ferrari 330 P4 in 1:8.

Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #249
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #250
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 38
Posts: 44,923
Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,612 Posts
without trying to read this whole thread, what some good companies to look at?

I just want to find a challenger.
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #251
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
without trying to read this whole thread, what some good companies to look at?

I just want to find a challenger.
Oof...Dunno who makes a diecast Challenger (the new one, right?) right now...the ones I really like are:

- AutoArt
- Kyosho
- Exoto

There are more...but, they start getting reallllly pricey. And oh, I'm not a fan of Hot Wheels' stuff.
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #252
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
Cool 1/72 Millenium Falcon...

http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMSWP-06

@ the price...wow, definitely not cheap. I think it's diecast...more info as it comes!
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #253
Administrator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 40
Posts: 31,047
Thanked 580 Times in 344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumchah
http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMSWP-06

@ the price...wow, definitely not cheap. I think it's diecast...more info as it comes!
Sly Raskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #254
Big Block go VROOOM!
 
Billiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Burbs
Age: 46
Posts: 8,580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
^^Wow. Just wow. While not cheap, ~$1K actually seems reasonable for that. It's interesting that this is listed under "completed models" on the web site. That may just be the translation but it also has me wondering if this is a kit build.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #255
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,435
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
Now that is a SUITE! Falcon
Moog-Type-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #256
Big Block go VROOOM!
 
Billiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Burbs
Age: 46
Posts: 8,580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
GMP's 1/6 scale Ferrari flat 12 boxer from their early 70's 312 PB sports prototype car. $500 btw.







Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #257
Senior Moderator
 
West6MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Age: 34
Posts: 8,785
Thanked 93 Times in 71 Posts
^^^^




I am putting up the display cases I got from ikea tonight for my cars.

Next pick up,...Peugeot 908 (waiting for it to come in)
West6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #258
Big Block go VROOOM!
 
Billiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Burbs
Age: 46
Posts: 8,580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Do you think your Ikea cases will be fairly dust proof? If so, got a name for those cases? I know they change those sorts of things all the time.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #259
Big Block go VROOOM!
 
Billiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Burbs
Age: 46
Posts: 8,580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rick Mers 1984 Indy winnig March 84C from Carousel 1. Nice work by them for $180. Too bad it's not a car I'm not actually interested in though.

http://www.motorsportcollector.com/1...rs/Mears1.jpeg

http://www.motorsportcollector.com/1...rs/Mears3.jpeg

http://www.motorsportcollector.com/1...rs/Mears2.jpeg
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #260
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Do you think your Ikea cases will be fairly dust proof? If so, got a name for those cases? I know they change those sorts of things all the time.
Billiam, try picking up the Billy shelves. And depending on your preference, you can customize them to be all-glass shelving/doors with lighting or as simple as no doors and just wooden shelving. So, up to you...I currently have a set (it's at Mom's and I'll likely leave it there for her for other purposes) but when I finally get around to making a toy room and etc., I think these shelves are the best.


Also worth looking into are these guys: http://www.dalcoconcept.com/

Just never really looked into if they sell to the regular consumer.
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #261
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 136,698
Thanked 13,264 Times in 8,166 Posts
Not sure if any of you folks are train fans...but, here're some diecast models for cheap.

Have a look! Lots of choice...

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Scale=0...&GenreCode=All
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #262
Senior Moderator
 
West6MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Age: 34
Posts: 8,785
Thanked 93 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Do you think your Ikea cases will be fairly dust proof? If so, got a name for those cases? I know they change those sorts of things all the time.
Sorry Billiam, I didn't see you question until now.

They are called Detolf. I think they will be fairly good for keeping dust out (just a small opening where the door is). Only time will tell, however. Probably cant be beat for the price.
West6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #263
Senior Moderator
 
West6MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Age: 34
Posts: 8,785
Thanked 93 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumchah View Post
Billiam, try picking up the Billy shelves. And depending on your preference, you can customize them to be all-glass shelving/doors with lighting or as simple as no doors and just wooden shelving. So, up to you...I currently have a set (it's at Mom's and I'll likely leave it there for her for other purposes) but when I finally get around to making a toy room and etc., I think these shelves are the best.


Also worth looking into are these guys: http://www.dalcoconcept.com/

Just never really looked into if they sell to the regular consumer.
Those don't look very affordable, but getting sweet cases would be pimp.


What is taking the Peugeot models so damn long. I knew I should have picked one up at ALMS.
West6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #264
Chillin' in my trailer
iTrader: (7)
 
CL-Slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 8,369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Kikaida;5238718]Wow! Those diecasts are awesome! The detail in the Carrera GT, the Gallardo, and especially that Birdcage is insane!

Here are some pics of my 1:18 TL that I finished modifying (painted tail lights, drop, rims, exhaust)! This thing is pretty detailed (carpeting, leather seats, seats move forward and back, etc.) too, but not nearly as much as those others...



Where did you find the TL? I know they don't make a CL, so I want one of these. Also, where did you find the rims and how did you make them fit?

P.S. I have been an avid die cast collector since I was a kid. I have 30+ in strorage right now. I will post pics when I get them unpacked.
CL-Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #265
Big Block go VROOOM!
 
Billiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Burbs
Age: 46
Posts: 8,580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by West6MT View Post
What is taking the Peugeot models so damn long. I knew I should have picked one up at ALMS.
Not sure if you're only interested in the recent Peugs, but if you're open to ones from the past LeMans Minatures recently released the 1992 Ev1 bis LeMans car. I believe this was one of the members of the 250+ MPH club on the Mulsanne straight.

I've seen the Audi R10 from LeMans Minatures and it was quite nice.

http://www.lemansminiatures.com/uk/p...?idproduit=566
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:43 AM   #266
Registered Member
 
Kikaida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 46
Posts: 1,206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CL-Slick,

There was a group buy last year by another member (Supercomputers). He imported them from China. He had TL's and RL's in a bunch of colors.

Here is a link to the original thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-generation-tl-2004-2008-93/1-18-scale-tl-rl-%5Bofficial-gb-details-page-9-post-214%5D-607610/

The group buy is long over however, and I don't think he will do it again.

You can probably find some on the internet or eBay if you look.

Take a look at the thread though, some other users modified theirs too and posted pictures.

The wheels on mine came from another diecast (1/24 Cadillac CTS), but I had to modify them to fit. Those were the closest I could find to the rims I have on my car.

I am not aware of any diecast CL's.
Kikaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #267
Administrator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 40
Posts: 31,047
Thanked 580 Times in 344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaida View Post
I am not aware of any diecast CL's.
what I wouldn't give to get a diecast B7 white a4 avant or a diecast DB8 Integra.
Sly Raskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #268
Chillin' in my trailer
iTrader: (7)
 
CL-Slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 8,369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaida View Post
CL-Slick,

There was a group buy last year by another member (Supercomputers). He imported them from China. He had TL's and RL's in a bunch of colors.

Here is a link to the original thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-generation-tl-2004-2008-93/1-18-scale-tl-rl-%5Bofficial-gb-details-page-9-post-214%5D-607610/

The group buy is long over however, and I don't think he will do it again.

You can probably find some on the internet or eBay if you look.

Take a look at the thread though, some other users modified theirs too and posted pictures.

The wheels on mine came from another diecast (1/24 Cadillac CTS), but I had to modify them to fit. Those were the closest I could find to the rims I have on my car.

I am not aware of any diecast CL's.
Thanks for the info man.
CL-Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #269
Senior Moderator
 
West6MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Age: 34
Posts: 8,785
Thanked 93 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Not sure if you're only interested in the recent Peugs, but if you're open to ones from the past LeMans Minatures recently released the 1992 Ev1 bis LeMans car. I believe this was one of the members of the 250+ MPH club on the Mulsanne straight.

I've seen the Audi R10 from LeMans Minatures and it was quite nice.

http://www.lemansminiatures.com/uk/p...?idproduit=566
That's pretty nice.

I am waiting on the 908 from Le Mans this year,....the JV one from AutoArt to be specific.
West6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:19 PM   #270
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 38
Posts: 44,923
Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by West6MT View Post
Sorry Billiam, I didn't see you question until now.

They are called Detolf. I think they will be fairly good for keeping dust out (just a small opening where the door is). Only time will tell, however. Probably cant be beat for the price.
I had one of those. It feels sorta cheap, but does a good job keep most dust out...not all.

I have since switched to some cool shelves from crate and barrel.
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #271
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 38
Posts: 44,923
Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,612 Posts
OK, so anyone find a Challenger yet?

I got the hot wheels but I want a nice scale model with all the trimmings.
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #272
Administrator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 40
Posts: 31,047
Thanked 580 Times in 344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
OK, so anyone find a Challenger yet?

I got the hot wheels but I want a nice scale model with all the trimmings.
You newb, don't you know how to use

http://www.diecastfast.com/Merchant2...LLENGERCONCEPT

http://shopping.msn.com/allresults/s...lenger+diecast

Most, if not all so far, are based on the concepts. hopefully before xmas there will be some nicer, and larger scaled production version models.
Sly Raskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #273
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 38
Posts: 44,923
Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal View Post
You newb, don't you know how to use

http://www.diecastfast.com/Merchant2...LLENGERCONCEPT

http://shopping.msn.com/allresults/s...lenger+diecast

Most, if not all so far, are based on the concepts. hopefully before xmas there will be some nicer, and larger scaled production version models.
I dont want concepts...I want the real deal
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #274
Administrator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 40
Posts: 31,047
Thanked 580 Times in 344 Posts
Doesn't say if it's concept, but it does say it's the 2008 model.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/prod...cts_id/918?SID
Sly Raskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #275
Registered Member
 
Kikaida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 46
Posts: 1,206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Challenger was released as a 2008 model? I woulda thought it would be a 2009?
Kikaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #276
The Third Ball
 
Sarlacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Age: 38
Posts: 44,923
Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaida View Post
The Challenger was released as a 2008 model? I woulda thought it would be a 2009?
The initial numbered and limited SRT8 began as a 2008 model.

2009 sees the SE, R/T, and non-numbered SRT8
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #277
Registered Member
 
taz98spin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Age: 37
Posts: 1,837
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do Micro Machines count?

taz98spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #278
Registered Member
 
Kikaida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 46
Posts: 1,206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
The initial numbered and limited SRT8 began as a 2008 model.

2009 sees the SE, R/T, and non-numbered SRT8
Ah, didn't know that. How many 08's did they make?

I saw a couple at the Matson docks a couple months ago. I wonder if they were 08's or 09's?
Kikaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #279
Big Block go VROOOM!
 
Billiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Burbs
Age: 46
Posts: 8,580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's the latest release from CMC. I don't know how many more superlatives you can heap on the work this company produces.

Keep in mind, this is 1:18 not 1:12.
The 1961 Ferrari 156 Dino Sharknose F1 car











As appealing as this is, I think I'm going to hold out for the 250 Testa Rossa
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #280
Registered Member
 
TS_eXpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 23,503
Thanked 54 Times in 27 Posts
Anybody know of any good companies that do diecast models of fighter aircraft....or really any aircraft for that matter.
TS_eXpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
14-16 MDX Heated Steering Wheel DIY tommypenguin 3G MDX Discussion (2014+) 9 01-19-2017 08:12 PM
Which generation integra is better between the 2nd gen and the 3rd gen jkilla369 Acura RSX Discussion 1 12-21-2016 10:41 PM
Vote: Acura RLX Sport Hybrid or Volvo S90 TSX69 Third Generation RLX (2013+) 31 12-20-2016 07:11 PM


Tags
autoart, batmobile, bbr, cars, diecast, exoto, kyosho, maisto, minichamps, model, paudimodel, replica, sale, scale, toy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.