The Las Vegas Discussion Thread - Page 3 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Off Topic Discussion > Ramblings
Reload this Page >

The Las Vegas Discussion Thread

Notices

The Las Vegas Discussion Thread

 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:37 AM
  #81  
failhard.
 
mystikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alaska
Age: 32
Posts: 4,546
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Stayed at Vdara while I was at EVO, if any gamers have heard of it. Most modern-looking hotel I've ever been in, so nice.
mystikk is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 AM
  #82  
That was uncalled for...
 
S A CHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 30
Posts: 7,288
Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts
Vdara is a really nice hotel. A friend was staying there so I got to check out the rooms too, you can definitely tell it's one of the newest hotels.
S A CHO is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 01:59 PM
  #83  
Nom Nom Nom Nom
 
SwervinCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Universal City
Age: 39
Posts: 11,804
Thanked 76 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by S A CHO View Post
It's certainly not beautiful... The Rocky Mountains are beautiful... Vegas is...attractive? Is that a good word?
No... That city is disgusting for the most part.. Especially during the day.
SwervinCL is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 02:31 PM
  #84  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020 View Post
I am back.

Mandalay Bay sucks wiener meat.
I take it you did not stay at The Hotel or the 4 seasons.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 02:45 PM
  #85  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mrsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 36,475
Thanked 248 Times in 174 Posts
Headed out the weekend before Thanksgiving for my bachelor party.
mrsteve is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 PM
  #86  
Moderator
 
Mizouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Age: 34
Posts: 56,217
Thanked 1,336 Times in 942 Posts
Thanks for the invite
Mizouse is online now  
Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM
  #87  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 51,889
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S View Post
I take it you did not stay at The Hotel or the 4 seasons.


Called the hotel 10 minutes before I arrived looking for 2 basic rooms for myself and an associate. Got basic room.

Mine was "pool view" with a complimentary giant glob of woman's hair on the shower wall and dried spots of something on the bathroom floor.

Front desk supervisor offered me a coupon for breakfast as compensation.

I didn't tell her this, but unless she offered to split the room with me (or better), I will not go back there, and since she didn't, I won't. YMMV.
stogie1020 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM
  #88  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020 View Post


Called the hotel 10 minutes before I arrived looking for 2 basic rooms for myself and an associate. Got basic room.

Mine was "pool view" with a complimentary giant glob of woman's hair on the shower wall and dried spots of something on the bathroom floor.

Front desk supervisor offered me a coupon for breakfast as compensation.

I didn't tell her this, but unless she offered to split the room with me (or better), I will not go back there, and since she didn't, I won't. YMMV.
Bummer.....bad luck. I've found The Hotel to be quite nice. Never had a problem with housekeeping.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 06:11 PM
  #89  
That was uncalled for...
 
S A CHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 30
Posts: 7,288
Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by SwervinCL View Post
No... That city is disgusting for the most part.. Especially during the day.
I've been there twice in the last 9 months and haven't found anything particularly disgusting
S A CHO is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM
  #90  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 51,889
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S View Post
Bummer.....bad luck. I've found The Hotel to be quite nice. Never had a problem with housekeeping.
Yeah, didn't try the new tower. This wasn't a single hair, the maid just never went into the shower to look. It was 15-20 hairs in a large clump at eye level on the wall.


I left it there for the next guest.
stogie1020 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM
  #91  
Registered Member
 
Dr. Colorado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The 808
Posts: 6,771
Thanked 113 Times in 78 Posts
That's like the cum stains on my furniture when I was upgraded to the corner room at the Paris. I was checking out the fountains at the Bellagio when I noticed some dried white exudate over the sitting chair. I just removed the chair and left it in the hallway LOL.

I told my GF I was gonna jizz on the headboard to spruce up the room but Karma is a cold harded bitch so I ixnayed that idea.
Dr. Colorado is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 06:42 PM
  #92  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 51,889
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,034 Posts
OK, Rick. You have me beat (no homo) by a long shot.


I am definitely much more comfortable on the north end of the strip...
stogie1020 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 08:17 PM
  #93  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mrsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 36,475
Thanked 248 Times in 174 Posts
We're staying at the Hilton Grand at the Flamingo. Should I expect globs of women's hair or globs of jizz or both?
mrsteve is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 08:18 PM
  #94  
Go Giants
 
Whiskers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: PA
Age: 47
Posts: 69,192
Thanked 975 Times in 661 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve View Post
We're staying at the Hilton Grand at the Flamingo. Should I expect globs of women's hair or globs of jizz or both?
Keep us posted..
Whiskers is online now  
Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 PM
  #95  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 51,889
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,034 Posts
Any particular reason you picked that location?

When are you going?
stogie1020 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 PM
  #96  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mrsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 36,475
Thanked 248 Times in 174 Posts
My uncle has some sort of super hook-up with Hilton. We're getting 2 bedroom suites for $100/night.

Weekend before Thanksgiving (Fri-Mon)
mrsteve is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 10:11 PM
  #97  
Registered Member
 
Dr. Colorado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The 808
Posts: 6,771
Thanked 113 Times in 78 Posts
That's low season. Did you check out Venetian? They were running deals <$100 a night, not 2 bedroom but suite style. Truthfully, I've never heard of anyone staying at the Hilton but if the price is good, it's just a place to sleep off your hangover right?
Dr. Colorado is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 AM
  #98  
Registered Member
 
miner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Age: 61
Posts: 3,610
Thanked 290 Times in 186 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve View Post
We're staying at the Hilton Grand at the Flamingo. Should I expect globs of women's hair or globs of jizz or both?
Hey, it's Vegas. What you lose in Vegas stays in Vegas.
miner is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
  #99  
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)
iTrader: (1)
 
gatrhumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 33,081
Thanked 1,096 Times in 735 Posts
I'm thinking that if I get a promotion that I'll take the wife back there.
gatrhumpy is online now  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 AM
  #100  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mrsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 36,475
Thanked 248 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by surfer rick View Post
That's low season. Did you check out Venetian? They were running deals <$100 a night, not 2 bedroom but suite style. Truthfully, I've never heard of anyone staying at the Hilton but if the price is good, it's just a place to sleep off your hangover right?
Venetian is $179/night

I don't think we can find a better deal than $100/night for a 2-bedroom unless we just had rooms with two queen beds in them. That would be pretty cheap and I guess we could do that too.
mrsteve is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 08:50 AM
  #101  
Bent = #1
 
hornyleprechaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Marietta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 13,479
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy View Post
I'm thinking that if I get a promotion that I'll take the wife back there.
I'm thinking of going in December once I get done with this damn CPA exam.. hoping for a nice bonus/raise
hornyleprechaun is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
  #102  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve View Post
Venetian is $179/night

I don't think we can find a better deal than $100/night for a 2-bedroom unless we just had rooms with two queen beds in them. That would be pretty cheap and I guess we could do that too.
You sure? I get offers from the Venetian & Palazzo quite often for $99 - $109 a night (not including resort fees or taxes)
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 11:59 AM
  #103  
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)
iTrader: (1)
 
gatrhumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 33,081
Thanked 1,096 Times in 735 Posts
Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun View Post
I'm thinking of going in December once I get done with this damn CPA exam.. hoping for a nice bonus/raise
Hey, let me know when you're going. Wifey and I might just book a trip there too.

Let's hope that UF and Auburn play in the SEC Championship during that time.
gatrhumpy is online now  
Old 09-28-2010, 01:43 PM
  #104  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
Vegas Vdara Hotel Pool 'Death Ray' Burns Tourists

Guests at the new Vdara hotel have been complaining that because of an architectural flaw on the glass skyscraper, the sun's rays are being magnified and reflected onto an area of the pool, causing severe burns. There have been reports that even plastic has melted from the heat.

Bill Pintas almost lost some hair from his experience with the hot spot.

After a recent swim in the pool just after noon, he went back to his lounge chair.

"I'm sitting there in the chair and all of the sudden my hair and the top of my head are burning," Pintas told ABC News. "I'm rubbing my head and it felt like a chemical burn. I couldn't imagine what it could be

Pintas shifted around and suddenly the back of his legs were burning. He ran to a nearby umbrella but even that didn't provide cover, let alone a shadow.

"It was as bright as outside," said Pintas, a Chicago lawyer who owns a condo at the Vdara.

"I used to live in Miami and I've sat in the sun in Las Vegas 100 times. I know what a hot sun feels like and this was not it," he added. "My first inclination was thinking: Jesus we've destroyed the ozone layer because I am burning."

Then Pintas learned he wasn't the first person to experience the magnified sunlight. At the bar, he explained the intense heat to some employees.

"They're kind of giggling and say: 'Yeah, we know. We call it the death ray,'" Pintas recalled.

They told him it even melts plastic cups. A plastic Vdara bag holding Pintas' newspaper was also burned through by the sun. The black letters bearing the name Vdara had entirely melted away.
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/las-veg...ry?id=11739234
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 01:49 PM
  #105  
That was uncalled for...
 
S A CHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 30
Posts: 7,288
Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts
Awesome... I want to see it for myself now
S A CHO is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 02:14 PM
  #106  
Bent = #1
 
hornyleprechaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Marietta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 13,479
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy View Post
Hey, let me know when you're going. Wifey and I might just book a trip there too.

Let's hope that UF and Auburn play in the SEC Championship during that time.
You winning this weekend will make both our dreams that much closer to coming true
hornyleprechaun is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:57 PM
  #107  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mrsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 36,475
Thanked 248 Times in 174 Posts
Is there an outdoor range that rents fully automatic weapons?
mrsteve is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
  #108  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve View Post
Is there an outdoor range that rents fully automatic weapons?
http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com

On Tropicana...off the strip.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
  #109  
Registered Member
 
yohan81718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Jose
Age: 37
Posts: 4,444
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mystikk View Post
Stayed at Vdara while I was at EVO, if any gamers have heard of it. Most modern-looking hotel I've ever been in, so nice.
Originally Posted by S A CHO View Post
Vdara is a really nice hotel. A friend was staying there so I got to check out the rooms too, you can definitely tell it's one of the newest hotels.
vdara is wanna be nice hotel.. it looks all fancy and all, but is just imitating to be nice.. i felt it's very cheaped out hotel...

yup. i was there.. didn't stay longer than 10 minutes in the pool because of the sun + the reflection
yohan81718 is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 09:31 PM
  #110  
That was uncalled for...
 
S A CHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 30
Posts: 7,288
Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by yohan81718 View Post
vdara is wanna be nice hotel.. it looks all fancy and all, but is just imitating to be nice.. i felt it's very cheaped out hotel...


yup. i was there.. didn't stay longer than 10 minutes in the pool because of the sun + the reflection
Rooms looked nice Modern decor, nice T.V's, seemed well designed to me... Although I didn't stay there, just kind of walked around my friends room...
S A CHO is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 09:38 PM
  #111  
That was uncalled for...
 
S A CHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 30
Posts: 7,288
Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S View Post
http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com

On Tropicana...off the strip.
Although it's not outdoor, they do rent fully automatic weapons. We went there with a group of guys, one of which was getting married. If you're the groom you get to shoot for free, but they make you dress into a chicken costume infront of everybody, for some reason it seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the groom in the chicken suit, but I did get a shitty picture of the gun wall:



All the guns to the right of the blue line are fully automatic.
S A CHO is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 PM
  #112  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 51,889
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,034 Posts
pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew (Magazine change) pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew (magazine change) pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew
stogie1020 is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 PM
  #113  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mrsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 36,475
Thanked 248 Times in 174 Posts
Looks like we may be staying at the Hooters hotel now. Thoughts? Keep in mind we won't be spending much time there.
mrsteve is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:12 PM
  #114  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mrsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 36,475
Thanked 248 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S View Post
http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com

On Tropicana...off the strip.
Can you bring your own?
mrsteve is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 PM
  #115  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 51,889
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve View Post
Looks like we may be staying at the Hooters hotel now. Thoughts? Keep in mind we won't be spending much time there.
Yeah. Don't touch anything.
stogie1020 is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
  #116  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mrsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 36,475
Thanked 248 Times in 174 Posts
Thanks.
mrsteve is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 11:48 PM
  #117  
Needs more Lemon Pledge
 
stogie1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 51,889
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,034 Posts
Check rates at Planet Hollywood. They are usually around $140 per night on the weekends.
stogie1020 is offline  
Old 09-29-2010, 12:27 AM
  #118  
'12 & '13 AL West Champs!
 
Gfaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Modesto, CA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,763
Thanked 50 Times in 39 Posts
Hmm, maybe I should go to Vegas for my birthday. No chicken suit for me though. FYI it's today.
Gfaze is offline  
Old 09-29-2010, 12:37 AM
  #119  
Moderator
 
Mizouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Age: 34
Posts: 56,217
Thanked 1,336 Times in 942 Posts
Mizouse is online now  
Old 09-29-2010, 08:57 AM
  #120  
Bent = #1
 
hornyleprechaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Marietta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 13,479
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by S A CHO View Post
Although it's not outdoor, they do rent fully automatic weapons. We went there with a group of guys, one of which was getting married. If you're the groom you get to shoot for free, but they make you dress into a chicken costume infront of everybody, for some reason it seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the groom in the chicken suit, but I did get a shitty picture of the gun wall:



All the guns to the right of the blue line are fully automatic.
Cost?
hornyleprechaun is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Las Vegas Discussion Thread


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.