Japan: Earthquake, Tsunami, and Nuclear Reactor Crisis **6 Months Later (page 19)** - Page 10 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Japan: Earthquake, Tsunami, and Nuclear Reactor Crisis **6 Months Later (page 19)**

Old 03-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #361
all work and no play

MWalsh9152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #362
The sizzle in the Steak

Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
FWIW....I think this is the beginning of the end for Japan......at least in terms of being an economic force in the world & in terms of living standards.

MASSIVE debt, unfunded pension crisis, poor debt rating, population crisis....and now more massive debt to "recover" from this disaster, and even less population as a result of the disaster.

...sadly this was a perfect storm for Japan.
Moog-Type-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #363
Senior Moderator

Thanked 12,829 Times in 7,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srika View Post
lets take this to R&P, I'd actually like to talk about it. Yums, I think it would be good to move all the R&P posts over there into a new thread.
Feel free to start a thread, R...I'm good. And this religious thing was a tangent brought on from a comment earlier which I responded to.

I said my part...and no need to go further.

Back on topic...
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #364
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S View Post
FWIW....I think this is the beginning of the end for Japan......at least in terms of being an economic force in the world & in terms of living standards.

MASSIVE debt, unfunded pension crisis, poor debt rating, population crisis....and now more massive debt to "recover" from this disaster, and even less population as a result of the disaster.

...sadly this was a perfect storm for Japan.
Hope not. If there is one nation that has the willpower and work ethic to pull it off, it is them...but, then again, we're talking about reality. The Japanese banks just printed off more JPY but that's more of a bandaid effect.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #365
Senior Moderator

Well, nothing like having an economic crisis with their American neighbors. We didn't even need a giant earthquake, tsunami, and nuke meltdown.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #366
Senior Moderator

Thanked 6,271 Times in 3,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Feel free to start a thread, R...I'm good. And this religious thing was a tangent brought on from a comment earlier which I responded to.

I said my part...and no need to go further.

Back on topic...
well, can you move the posts? I personally don't think they need to be in here. ?
srika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #367
Senior Moderator

damn you can actually see the force of the wave hitting from the coast...

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/0bf_1300048617"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/0bf_1300048617" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>
Old 03-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #368
Senior Moderator

Quote:
well, can you move the posts? I personally don't think they need to be in here. ?
I kinda agree with Moog, sir...the topic that was breached earlier has been debated before. If anything, you can just either start a thread or just revive the existing thread...

Contextually, I think the posts are fine in this thread as it is normal to speak of faith in times of crisis and devastation. So, it is not totally out of line...

Drop me a PM if you need to discuss further.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #369
The sizzle in the Steak

Quote:
Well, nothing like having an economic crisis with their American neighbors. We didn't even need a giant earthquake, tsunami, and nuke meltdown.
Japan has been in "economic crisis: for decades.

Clearly the U.S. and Japan have massive debt, but Japan has a bigger issue in that they don't have the means to pull out of their economic dive.

They need people....and a cultural change in how things are done over there.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #370
cameras R my crack

Quote:

Clearly the U.S. and Japan have massive debt, but Japan has a bigger issue in that they don't have the means to pull out of their economic dive.

That's starting to happen, can't remember where I saw it, but news report was talking about it. It's happening with the younger one's. If they can pull it off.
jupitersolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #371
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I agree somewhat.

But, we've seen this sort of problems before in history...I am absolutely oversimplifying but if the Germans can more or less be okay after their past that crippled their economy, the Japanese can too. Sure, a war is different...but, big-time slump is a big-time slump.

If there is a comparable, it is that you have a nation that is fundamentally hard-working and ethically strong. With some help and investments from allies, it is not unimaginable that they can't get out of it. Let's not forget that they still produce/manufacture coveted products. This is not an African nation we're talking about.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #372
Q('.')=O

Quote:
damn you can actually see the force of the wave hitting from the coast...

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/0bf_1300048617"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/0bf_1300048617" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>
Now that is a good perspective to see how freaking huge initial tsunami waves are.
imj0257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #373
Persuit of twin turbo

Tsunami's are in a way quietly destructive. There it is, a sunny, what looks like, nice day outside and then, post earthquake obviously, out of no where, BAM with that wave marking the beginning of the disaster....
RyanDe680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #374
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I kinda agree with Moog, sir...the topic that was breached earlier has been debated before. If anything, you can just either start a thread or just revive the existing thread...

Contextually, I think the posts are fine in this thread as it is normal to speak of faith in times of crisis and devastation. So, it is not totally out of line...

Drop me a PM if you need to discuss further.
understood. will do.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #375
Senior Moderator

I must add in one other thing: When you look at the VOLUNTARY power conservation that is happening there...That's gotta mean something.

At its darkest times, what a nation still.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #376
Senior Moderator

just saw they updated the quake to a 9.0
Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #377
Senior Moderator

^ Just to be clear, these are no not Richter scale readings, right? They are using that newer form of megaquake measurement...?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #378
The sizzle in the Steak

How Japan FAILED at this Earthquake...because predicting quakes is for suckers!

Quote:
Japan earthquake is a seismic curveball

This is looking like the Big One for Japan. But it's in the wrong place, seismically and bureaucratically.

Here's what I typed up earlier this morning -- I'll update it soon.

The gist is, Japanese geologists have long forecast a huge earthquake along the subduction zone southwest of Tokyo. It had a name -- the Tokai Earthquake -- even though it hadn't happened yet. But now the nation's largest earthquake (magnitude 8.9) has hit, and it's 231 miles northeast of Tokyo.

The tsunami footage from Japan is dramatic and horrifying -- clearly this has devastated a large swath of the coast and there will be many fatalities. A scientist who specializes in tsunamis told me this morning that there will be at least 1,000 casualties. Reports say hundreds of bodies have found found in Sendai province, and that's easy to imagine, given the footage of cars being washed away.

Anyone on the West Coast should not presume that this will be as benign as the tsunami generated by the Chilean earthquake.

More to come...

This just in from the U.S. Geological Survey:

The 03/11/2011 earthquake (preliminary magnitude 8.9) near the east coast of Honshu, Japan, occurred as a result of thrust faulting on or near the subduction zone interface plate boundary between the Pacific and North America plates. At the latitude of this earthquake, the Pacific plate moves approximately westwards with respect to the North America plate at a velocity of 83 mm/yr. The Pacific plate thrusts underneath Japan at the Japan Trench, and dips to the west beneath Eurasia. The location, depth, and focal mechanism of the March 11 earthquake are consistent with the event having occurred as thrust faulting associated with subduction along this plate boundary. Note that some authors divide this region into several microplates that together define the relative motions between the larger Pacific, North America and Eurasia plates; these include the Okhotsk and Amur microplates that are respectively part of North America and Eurasia.

The March 11 earthquake was preceded by a series of large foreshocks over the previous two days, beginning on March 9th with an M 7.2 event approximately 40 km from the March 11 earthquake, and continuing with a further 3 earthquakes greater than M 6 on the same day.

The Japan Trench subduction zone has hosted 9 events of magnitude 7 or greater since 1973. The largest of these was an M 7.8 earthquake approximately 260 km to the north of the March 11 event, in December 1994, which caused 3 fatalities and almost 700 injuries. In June of 1978, an M 7.7 earthquake 35 km to the southwest caused 22 fatalities and over 400 injuries

Here’s what I reported in a 2006 National Geographic story:

In Japan, government scientists say they have settled the question. Earthquakes are not random. They follow a pattern. They have detectable precursors. The government knows where Japan’s big one will most likely strike. This is a country where the trains run on time, and earthquakes are supposed to do the same. “We believe that earthquake prediction is possible,” says Koshun Yamaoka, a scientist at the Earthquake Research Institute of the University of Tokyo.

In fact, Japan has already named its next great earthquake: the Tokai earthquake. The government has identified and delineated by law the precise affected area--a region along the Pacific coast about a hundred miles (160 kilometers) southwest of Tokyo. After a series of small quakes in the Tokai area in the 1970s, scientists predicted that a major quake might be imminent there. The Japanese government passed a law in 1978 mandating that preparations begin for the Tokai earthquake.

Scientists have estimated a death toll of between 7,900 and 9,200 for a quake striking without warning in the wee hours. Estimated property damage: up to 310 billion dollars. At the Tokai earthquake preparedness center in Shizuoka, a map pinpoints 6,449 landslide locations. Another map shows where 58,402 houses could burn in quake-related fires. It’s all remarkably enumerated. The only thing left is for the earthquake to happen.

There is, indeed, a plate boundary, called the Nankai Trough, that runs off the coast of the island of Honshu, where the Philippine plate is subducting beneath Japan. The boundary has generated massive earthquakes every 100 to 150 years. Two sections of it, side by side, broke in 1944 and 1946. But the section along Tokai hasn’t generated a major quake since 1854, right about the time Commodore Perry sailed his warships into Tokyo Bay. The theory is that it’s time for this part of the subduction zone to relieve its accumulated stress.

At the Earthquake Research Institute, Keiji Doi, who is in charge of public outreach, lays out the entire scenario. The land near Shizuoka is sinking toward the underwater trough at about five millimeters a year, indicating that strain is building up. “The earthquake occurrence is imminent, we believe,” Doi says.

Up to this point, the Tokai tale is more a forecast than a prediction. But a precise prediction of time and place would be far more valuable for emergency planners. Thus has arisen the idea of “pre-slip,” a notion that skeptics say is part science and part wishful thinking.

Naoyuki Kato, another scientist at the Earthquake Research Institute, says his laboratory experiments show that before a rock fracture gives way, it inevitably slips a little. He believes that what happens in a lab at small scale will also happen on a fault hundreds of miles long and running deep into the crust, just before the next big one.

The government has an action plan built around pre-slip. Strain meters are embedded in the ground all over the Tokai area. If one or two meters show anomalies, scientists will confer and schoolkids will go home. Three anomalies will put the country on high alert. Police, soldiers, and firefighters will race to the border of the vulnerable area. The prime minister will make a speech and say that an earthquake is imminent. Posters outlining this plan show a cartoon prime minister sitting at a desk with hands folded, looking very worried, but very much in charge.

Yet none of the experts on the Tokai earthquake describe this scenario with much conviction. Press them, and they will admit their uncertainty. Yamaoka and Kato, for example, are both bullish on pre-slip, yet they also say it may be too small to be detected.

Robert Geller, an American geophysicist who works half a mile (0.8 kilometers) away at the University of Tokyo’s school of science, is less circumspect. Geller has been in Japan for decades and has made “bashing earthquake prediction,” as he puts it, a passionate hobby. He calls the prediction program “faith-based science.” Pre-slip, he adds, “has never been verified to exist for actual earthquakes.”

Geller’s skepticism is not just a case of American outspokenness. Hideki Shimamura, an earthquake scientist at Musashino Gakuin University near Tokyo, is almost as blunt. “There may be pre-slip, but rather doubt it,” he says, adding that few researchers are willing to question the focus on Tokai lest they lose funding. The situation has potentially lethal consequences, he says: Prior to the Kobe earthquake in 1995, which killed 6,400 people, few people or public officials in Kobe had any inkling that they were vulnerable. Earthquakes were mainly someone else’s problem--far to the east, in Tokai. “They didn’t prepare,” Shimamura says.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...X3nQ_blog.html

Wow...they really thought they had it located and nailed down...
Old 03-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #379
Senior Moderator

Quote:
This has been hashed out many times in R&P....no need to have a "do over".
IIRC we had the old tsunami thread there a few years back.
I only saw this now. Agreed, no need for a new thread about this.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #380
Trolling Canuckistan

Quote:
^ Just to be clear, these are no not Richter scale readings, right? They are using that newer form of megaquake measurement...?
9.0 on the Richter scale. Not sure what this megaquake scale is you speak of. The Japan quake is considered a "megaquake" but it's still being measured with the Richter scale.
black label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #381
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by black label View Post
9.0 on the Richter scale. Not sure what this megaquake scale is you speak of. The Japan quake is considered a "megaquake" but it's still being measured with the Richter scale.
I don't know much about how they are measured...but, I believe the quake is not being measured on the Richter scale. Instead, they are using the newer measurement: "Moment Magnitude"...

The later can exceed 9...
Old 03-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #382
Senior Moderator

got this at another board............

It's amazing how orderly the Japanese react to this enormous disaster. Yes they are trained for earthquakes but in any other country, it would still be a chaos with only people thinking about themselves.

Pics & captions taken from a Chinese forum.

In front of a public telephone booth, we can actually see this kind of scene.

A stopped subway station, without an uproar, without a mess.

The people proactively observe order, without only thinking of themselves.

An ordinary school, a shelter for the people.

Children and women get priority care.

Transportation is paralyzed, people walking home, these are all 'disaster victims'.

Japanese people sitting on the sides of the stairs, ensuring that the center remains clear and accessible. This is the result of education, not something that can be obtained through GDP [alone].
Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #383
The sizzle in the Steak

FWIW the people in Manhattan responded quite well to the disaster of the twin towers, in terms of the orderly mass evacuation of the island....and mostly by foot.

...and I agree that a lot has to do with education and culture in terms of how people/races/groups/cultures deal with disaster.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #384
cameras R my crack

Just wait, you'll soon see pictures of people wading with beer in their hands.

Fox showed a picture of a local store yesterday, it was stocked full of booze. Didn't seem like anything else was there.
jupitersolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #385
I drive a Subata.

Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,392 Posts
that vid is really
JS + BRZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #386
Trolling Canuckistan

Quote:
I don't know much about how they are measured...but, I believe the quake is not being measured on the Richter scale. Instead, they are using the newer measurement: "Moment Magnitude"...

The later can exceed 9...
Quote:
Tokyo, Japan -- Japan's Meteorological Agency on Sunday raised the magnitude of the massive earthquake that hit the northeastern part of the country to 9.0 from 8.9 on the Richter scale.
http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/s...6219&catid=175

It could be that every news agency is incorrectly reporting this but they are all saying "9.0 on the Richter scale".
Old 03-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #387
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by black label View Post
http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/s...6219&catid=175

It could be that every news agency is incorrectly reporting this but they are all saying "9.0 on the Richter scale".
Hrmm...dunno. On Wikipedia, their article on the disaster is reported as 8.9–9.0 Mw...

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Se...ke_and_tsunami
Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #388
Trolling Canuckistan

^^^I could go onto Wiki and change it to Richter scale if you'd like.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #389
The sizzle in the Steak

Cost: $180 billion - $1 trillion

Quote:
(Reuters) - Quake-hit Japan faces a recovery and reconstruction bill of at least $180 billion, or 3 percent of its annual economic output, or more than 50 percent higher than the total cost of 1995's earthquake in Kobe.

Even though some extreme projections of the longer-term costs project figures closer to $1 trillion over several years, standard tallies akin to those used after the Kobe quake hover around this level.

The world's third-largest economy, already saddled with public debt double the size of its $5 trillion output, must rebuild its infrastructure -- from roads and rail to power and ports -- on a scale not seen since World War Two.

Moody's Investors Service warned on Monday the huge financing needs Japan faces may erode investor confidence in the country's ability to repay its debts, forcing up borrowing costs.

"The earthquake may have shifted such a potential tipping point a bit forward, unless Japan's political parties are galvanized by the crisis to also address the country's long-term fiscal challenges,"
Moody's lead analyst Tom Byrne said in a statement.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72D60V20110314
Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #390
Senior Moderator

From CNN...

Quote:
Rescuers fanned out across northern Japan on Monday, in efforts coordinated and improvised, attempting to reach untold numbers of people still stranded after a massive earthquake and tsunami shattered the region.

A sense of urgency prevailed among responders as a third frigid night fell upon the survivors of Saturday's 8.9-magnitude quake, the most powerful measured seismic event in Japan's history.

Weather forecasts called for continued temperatures barely above freezing, as well as rain and freezing precipitation that could trigger mudslides. Continued subnormal cold also will probably strain power generation in a country already employing rolling blackouts as a conservation measure.

In areas cut off from the outside world by the disaster, more than 450,000 people whose homes are lost or inaccessible were staying in shelters, according to NHK, Japan's national broadcasting company.

Many survivors set out on their own in search of friends and loved ones.

NHK showed video of a business owner in Iwate Prefecture, who watched the tsunami consume his town and has spent the days since trying to contact his employees, choking back tears as he came upon a worker who was unhurt. He said he had located only 22 of his 50 employees by Monday morning but had found three more that day.

A man riding a bicycle told the network he was looking for his wife. Her name was written on a sign attached to his bike, and he was carrying photos of her from place to place, showing them to everyone he met.

Meanwhile, help from abroad continued to arrive. The Japanese Foreign Ministry said rescuers from 11 countries have arrived, and others are en route from France and Russia.

President Barack Obama, in brief remarks during a school event in Virginia, promised that the United States "will continue to offer any assistance we can. ... And we will stand with the people of Japan in the difficult days ahead."

Danish Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen, meeting with Obama on Monday, said the relief efforts for Japan would also now be a key part of his discussions with the president. Rasmussen said he had sent a letter to Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan on Friday, offering assistance.

A U.S. search-and-rescue convoy made an anxious and arduous seven-hour overland journey from northeastern corner of Honshu, Japan's main island, to the outskirts of Ofunato in Iwate Prefecture, only to be told it was too dangerous to unload and set up their base camp in the darkness.

"They wanted to get on the ground earlier than this," said CNN correspondent Brian Todd, one of four journalists embedded with the search-and-rescue team. "By the time they set up that base camp and fan out into Ofunato, it will have been 90 hours since the earthquake."

The 150-member team, accompanied by 12 search dogs and five flatbed trucks full of equipment, was dispatched by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The team is based in Fairfax, Virginia, and is joined by members the Los Angeles County Search and Rescue Team.

A Chinese team also has begun operations in Iwate Prefecture, and a South Korean rescue team is at work in Miyagi Prefecture.

Other nations with rescue teams on the ground are Singapore, Germany, Switzerland, New Zealand, Britain, Australia, Mexico and Taiwan.

The foreign ministry said 91 countries and territories have offered assistance. In addition, six international organizations, including the World Food Programme and the International Committee of the Red Cross, also have offered their support.

The Fire and Disaster Management Agency said the number of buildings that were destroyed or heavily damaged stood at 63,255 as of Monday afternoon, the Kyodo news agency reported.

Relief teams still were trying to reach isolated areas in northern Tohoku region, including 800 people sheltered in a gym and 600 in a shopping center, NHK reported.

In flooded Ishinomaki, a city of about 160,000 northeast of the hard-hit city of Sendai, Japanese civil defense teams set out in rowboats and inflatable rafts during an all-day operation to retrieve hundreds of people stranded in buildings and get them to shelter.

The difficulties facing search and rescue teams continued to compound in about every way imaginable: shattered infrastructure, relentless and powerful aftershocks, and a brewing crisis at a nuclear power plant.

On Monday, the USS Ronald Reagan moved to a different location off Japan's northeastern coast after readings indicated heightened radiation from the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. Also, tests detected low levels of radioactivity on 17 U.S. Navy helicopter crew members when they returned to the aircraft carrier. (No further contamination was detected after the crew members washed with soap and water, the Navy said).

In the coming days, the worsening weather will be an even more serious factor.

CNN International Meteorologist Mari Ramos said cloud cover is beginning to move in over Japan, with rain expected beginning Tuesday and even lower temperatures and windy conditions -- with possible freezing rain and snow -- on Thursday.

Heavy precipitation and winter mix would present the threat of mudslides and avalanches. Though landslides aren't a concern in low-lying areas affected by the tsunamis, they will be a deep source of concern in parts of the nation's interior that were "badly shaken" by the quake and aftershocks, Ramos said.

In other more severely affected areas, rescue efforts gave way to forlorn recovery.

About 1,000 bodies were found Monday on several shores on the Oshika Peninsula in Miyagi Prefecture, and police and firefighters worked to recover another 200 to 300 bodies in Sendai, the Kyodo news agency reported.

Ominous reports had emerged over the weekend from Minami Sanriku, where more than half of the 17,000 residents had not been accounted for. On Monday, the visuals seemed to affirm the horrifying math as recovery teams sifted through an utterly ruined and silent city, looking for the dead and signs of life.

Minami Sanriku is nestled at the end of Shizugawa Bay, a 2-mile-wide, 5-mile-long body of water that opens into the Pacific Ocean.

In Ishinomaki, CNN correspondent Gary Tuchman and a film crew set out with civil defense soldiers rescue team in the flooded city.

En route, they saw people flagging them from windows of houses. One woman called out that she needed water.

During that rescue sortie, the team arrived at a large building where floodwaters had turned an entrance ramp into a convenient boat ramp, where a handful of survivors were waiting. Soldiers fitted them with life jackets and helped them aboard.

On the return trip, the rowboat passed other rescue teams in empty boats paddling to other locations to rescue the stranded.

The team later arrived at a Red Cross shelter, where weakened survivors were gently placed on stretchers and carried away.

NHK showed a civil defense soldier carrying a woman into a room in a shelter. After he gingerly set her down, the woman rose to her feet with some difficulty and bowed to the soldier, told him she was all right, bowed again and then collected herself to briefly tell her story, paraphrased by an NHK interpreter:

"She had been waiting for help all night, outside. She had been washed away by the wave. ... The moment she opened the door of the house, the water flooded in. ... She grabbed hold of a tree and hung on, hung on for dear life with the water all around her. A ... floor mat floated by, and she grabbed it and held on to that."

As the woman spoke in Japanese, the interpreter's voice trembled in English: "Her daughter was washed away. She was washed away, and she has not found her."
Old 03-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #391
The sizzle in the Steak

Anderson Cooper is a selfish JACKASS!!!!
...jump to 1:30 of vid.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2cu5kLQpSA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Those Japanese suckers who can't go anywhere.....who cares!?!??! I gotta know if I should get out of here.....because after all....I'm Anderson Cooper!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #392
Registered Member

Thanked 1,745 Times in 1,138 Posts
Since we were on the subject of praying to god to help the Japanese people. Some Christians think it was God that caused the earthquake.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmotTE-VlY
#1 STUNNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #393
Keep It Simple in

^^pathetic
SLushhYYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #394
Registered Member

Thanked 1,745 Times in 1,138 Posts
^This video infuriates me!
#1 STUNNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #395
Registered Member

Quote:
Anderson Cooper is a selfish JACKASS!!!!
...jump to 1:30 of vid.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2cu5kLQpSA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Those Japanese suckers who can't go anywhere.....who cares!?!??! I gotta know if I should get out of here.....because after all....I'm Anderson Cooper!!!
sounds like youre reaching

Last edited by whudini3000; 03-14-2011 at 06:15 PM.
whudini3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #396
Cruisin' at 4k rpm

That has to be a joke...
Aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #397
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA View Post
Since we were on the subject of praying to god to help the Japanese people. Some Christians think it was God that caused the earthquake.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmotTE-VlY
and these are the people who actually vote. On a lighter note, the only so called good that comes out of this, is lower oil prices. Oil prices have eased due to less future consumption of Japan.
whudini3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by whudini3000 View Post
and these are the people who actually vote. On a lighter note, the only so called good that comes out of this, is lower oil prices. Oil prices have eased due to less future consumption of Japan.
-____-

That's good for everyone but the Japanese.

I'm not bashing you at all. But it seems like in order for us to save a couple of money at the pumps, thousands of people have to die and suffer.
mdkxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #399
Cruisin' at 4k rpm

And I bet the oil execs will probably claim Japan as an oil haven as well, then use that as an excuse to jack up oil prices again.
Aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #400
all work and no play

MWalsh9152 is offline   Reply With Quote