Thoughts on tracking a TL - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Thoughts on tracking a TL

Old 05-11-2016, 03:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

Thoughts on tracking a TL

Hey guys, so far I've tracked my 2g '03 TL-S twice: first time at Thunderhill Raceway with a 2:23 and at Buttonwillow Raceway with a 2:18.

Honestly, I love this car to death. It's fun, heavy, and will surprise a lot of people when you're out there.

This car has lots of power, lift off oversteer, and it's just fun to push to the limit but obviously it has its downs. This car during its last track day couldn't shift to 3rd gear during the FIRST session due to overheating and the rest of the sessions, I couldn't do more than 3 laps due to brake fade. The car is heavy, has a bunch a body roll, and the tranny can't handle the fun.

Don't let that discourage you from do a HPDE with car cause it's still a fun experience with it. It was definitely see another track day but after I build my future miata.

In 3 years, you guys should expect a street/track TL build car. Half cage, 6 speed swap, mostly stripped, better suspension, and slight aero mods.
JayHTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #2

Thanked 12,824 Times in 9,480 Posts
3 years to long!
Get on it now!! lol
justnspace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
Registered Member

Gingerman destroyed my stock 04 A-Spec's brake fluid in only 3 laps. Pedal completely to the floor and had to bleed to go home lol.

These chassis would benefit from lots of weight reduction for sure, but getting in the ballpark for a good track car could make it no longer enjoyable on the street.
sackdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackdz View Post
Gingerman destroyed my stock 04 A-Spec's brake fluid in only 3 laps. Pedal completely to the floor and had to bleed to go home lol.

These chassis would benefit from lots of weight reduction for sure, but getting in the ballpark for a good track car could make it no longer enjoyable on the street.
Wilwood Hi-Temp 570 has worked very well for me in my TSX
green_henry is offline   Reply With Quote