Quarter Mile Time Compilation - Page 10 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Quarter Mile Time Compilation

 
Old 08-20-2010, 10:53 PM
  #361  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Shawnee, KS
Age: 44
Posts: 950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
You're right about that. I was talking in terms of mods alone, but very true. That's why I'm not wasting my time at the track until a cool September night or early morning Saturday. It's a hot one today too, at least in NY. I can't wait until the temps go down to 50-60
Yep, save your money and skip the strip in the hot months. It's been consistently in the low to upper 90s here in Kansas City for past few weeks. My G feels silly slow, especially right off idle. DAs have been hovering in the 4,300'-5,200' range. I'd be amazed if the car could run a 15.0 right now.
Dave_B is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:25 AM
  #362  
Registered Member
 
BostonSilverTypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Bean
Age: 37
Posts: 836
Thanked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Ok so here they are the times for Epping....First let me say it's pretty much what I expect, but only due to my crappy reaction times(guess thats what happens when you work all day and have 1hr up to track).....Also as stated before vehicle was run as realistic as possible as I would drive it on the street nothing changed...Meaning over half tank of gas, street shitty tires(bridgestone turanza's)40psi up front....spare tire still in vehicle...

Temp at Epping was okay around 75degrees(a little humid but comfortable)..Unfortunately only managed to run three times and wish I had more runs as my times were getting better except my R/T(just horrible lol)....All in all it turned ok for first time with TL-S at the track


First Run: F'd up n ended up taking off in 2nd gear SS mode (don't ask) If I had took off in first it would have been my best time(#669)

R/T: .224
60': 2.550
1/8: 10.068
MPH: 76.30
1/4: 15.193
MPH: 97.81

2nd Run: (r/t no good)
R/T: .558
60': 2.361
1/8: 9.598
MPH: 76.68
1/4: 14.703
MPH: 98.18

3rd and last run Temp was 70 around this time:

R/T: .531
60': 2.303
1/8: 9.504
MPH: 76.91
1/4: 14.580
MPH: 98.66


So given the circumstances and how shitty I was taking off I believe if I had gone prepped and ready for track I would have dipped into low 14's for sure but till next time....Not bad for 5at and fully loaded......Have the timeslips but since its nothing too impressive don't feel there is a need to post them.....will head back in October and also hopefully then I'll have RV6 cat-back exhaust..which at the moment mine is stock minus the deletes
BostonSilverTypeS is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 AM
  #363  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
Nice runs man, especially in the heat. Trap seems pretty good for the heat also.

Dude, reaction time has NO EFFECT on your ET or MPH. You could get out and run down the track to see YOUR 1/4 mile time, then get back in your car and run it and your ET and trap speed won't be affected. Go back in some cool temps and you should see low 14s @100. 70ish isn't so bad, but when it's in the upper 80s and humid, watch out. Humidity plays a big role as well. How were you launching? 2.3 60' is pretty poor (I have the same problem so don't think I'm bashing you) and can be much improved. It's hard since you only got 3 runs, but practice launching a bit and your times will improve as well.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM
  #364  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
hey a [email protected] isn't bad for a second gear launch! I am very curious as to how you launched with your 2.3 60fts. [email protected] is a good time for a 2.3 60ft. Drop that to a 2.2 and you got yourself a 14.3! Im sure if the temp was in the 50's you would hit lower 14's!
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
  #365  
Registered Member
 
BostonSilverTypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Bean
Age: 37
Posts: 836
Thanked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Nice runs man, especially in the heat. Trap seems pretty good for the heat also.

Dude, reaction time has NO EFFECT on your ET or MPH. You could get out and run down the track to see YOUR 1/4 mile time, then get back in your car and run it and your ET and trap speed won't be affected. Go back in some cool temps and you should see low 14s @100. 70ish isn't so bad, but when it's in the upper 80s and humid, watch out. Humidity plays a big role as well. How were you launching? 2.3 60' is pretty poor (I have the same problem so don't think I'm bashing you) and can be much improved. It's hard since you only got 3 runs, but practice launching a bit and your times will improve as well.
well I know it has no real effect on ur ET and mph,but in my head the way I see is the quicker u take off more then likely u were focused and ur launch was on point,,but more mental thing then anything...And no offense taken launch was horrible no doubt...Like I said only had three runs so didnt really get to try diffirent methods like I wanted to...but hopefully next time I can work on that...What can I say this is my first automatic car...

Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
hey a [email protected] isn't bad for a second gear launch! I am very curious as to how you launched with your 2.3 60fts. [email protected] is a good time for a 2.3 60ft. Drop that to a 2.2 and you got yourself a 14.3! Im sure if the temp was in the 50's you would hit lower 14's!
said same thing 2nd gear 15.1sec was still impressed by that lol....nway since I only had 3 runs I pretty much did VSA off in manual mode and pretty much stomped the gas, which I know isnt best method but i was trying to get a feel for it.......The run I did 15.1 I had VSA on but I also started in 2nd gear so can't really know if that would have been good launch or not...either way trial and error and with 3runs only it's not much to work on launching...
BostonSilverTypeS is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 02:04 PM
  #366  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonSilverTypeS View Post
well I know it has no real effect on ur ET and mph,but in my head the way I see is the quicker u take off more then likely u were focused and ur launch was on point,,but more mental thing then anything...And no offense taken launch was horrible no doubt...Like I said only had three runs so didnt really get to try diffirent methods like I wanted to...but hopefully next time I can work on that...What can I say this is my first automatic car...



said same thing 2nd gear 15.1sec was still impressed by that lol....nway since I only had 3 runs I pretty much did VSA off in manual mode and pretty much stomped the gas, which I know isnt best method but i was trying to get a feel for it.......The run I did 15.1 I had VSA on but I also started in 2nd gear so can't really know if that would have been good launch or not...either way trial and error and with 3runs only it's not much to work on launching...
Did you have some wheelspin off the line with your method of launching? Usually the way you did it results in the best 60ft. I have found that a brake torque bogs more off the line.
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 02:15 PM
  #367  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Age: 35
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
did you brake-torque at all? i find in my '02 type s that it really bogs down off the start if you do too much. i pretty much just keep left foot on the brake and right barely on the gas and punch it at the start. i was able to manage a 2.25 in 90 degree heat with cai and dc headers. with your mods you should be able to get down to 2.2 flat i would think
kiluminati616 is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
  #368  
Registered Member
 
BostonSilverTypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Bean
Age: 37
Posts: 836
Thanked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
Did you have some wheelspin off the line with your method of launching? Usually the way you did it results in the best 60ft. I have found that a brake torque bogs more off the line.
Not really a lot of wheelspin slight wheel spin, And yeah I think Brake torque is not the best method...I did that when I ran 15.1 but I also took off in 2nd gear...So hopefully next time I can try more diffirent methods and have bettah comparision with more runs....I'm also wondering if stock exhaust and all the Exhaust mods brought my low end torque down and increased mainly mid-range to top end which feels really strong there

Originally Posted by kiluminati616 View Post
did you brake-torque at all? i find in my '02 type s that it really bogs down off the start if you do too much. i pretty much just keep left foot on the brake and right barely on the gas and punch it at the start. i was able to manage a 2.25 in 90 degree heat with cai and dc headers. with your mods you should be able to get down to 2.2 flat i would think
No like I mentioned only on 15.1 run which I started in 2ndgear, but with only 3runs and first time with the TL..kinda not enough to get a real feel with the car with 3runs, but I will def go back this year, get more runs and will def try some of the methods you mentioned
BostonSilverTypeS is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 07:36 PM
  #369  
US Navy Seabees
 
Ruby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NH
Age: 34
Posts: 1,264
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
nice runs Boston. you should go on Wednesdays you can get a lot more runs in. I went down the track like 25 times. lol.
Ruby is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 08:01 PM
  #370  
Registered Member
 
BostonSilverTypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Bean
Age: 37
Posts: 836
Thanked 79 Times in 58 Posts
man 25x sounds sweet, I work real late unfortunately on Wednesday and I'm 1hr or so away and then to drive back and get up @ 6am..I'll pass....
BostonSilverTypeS is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
  #371  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonSilverTypeS View Post
I'm also wondering if stock exhaust and all the Exhaust mods brought my low end torque down and increased mainly mid-range to top end which feels really strong there
The stock exhaust is hurting you throughout the powerband, no question. With an aftermarket exhaust your times should improve a decent amount and the whole powerband should feel stronger. Another member on here with a full bolt-on TL-s 5AT ran a 14.0 @101.x I believe. If you go back in a month or 2 when it's cooler your ET and trap will improve as well.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 PM
  #372  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
Went to the track yesterday. I met a vp6 member @ Etown so he could take my OBX catback. I'm disappointed because I trapped SLOWER than I did with just I/Jpipe. I didn't launch the car hard due to broken motor mounts. Honestly, it felt GREAT on the way there. I mean, really really good, I was so excited. Then I did a 1st gear pull in the gates,and my car felt sluggish. Noticeable slower than most of my street pulls. (I'm not just saying that, I texted my friend before I even ran saying just that. And perfect example is me trapping 3mph different with the same mods on different days with similar conditions). This is an often occurrence btw. W.e.

1st run: 2.46 60' and a 14.34 @100.2
2nd run: 2.347 60' and a 14.04 (again) @100.1

Any reason why I'm not trapping higher than I did with just CAI/Jpipe? Especially since I had a worse 60' by 0.1 and still ran the same time??? Do broken mounts hurt trap speed? Yea my car didn't feel great but still...

Oh btw, the conditions were PERFECT.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 12:40 PM
  #373  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Went to the track yesterday. I met a vp6 member @ Etown so he could take my OBX catback. I'm disappointed because I trapped SLOWER than I did with just I/Jpipe. I didn't launch the car hard due to broken motor mounts. Honestly, it felt GREAT on the way there. I mean, really really good, I was so excited. Then I did a 1st gear pull in the gates,and my car felt sluggish. Noticeable slower than most of my street pulls. (I'm not just saying that, I texted my friend before I even ran saying just that. And perfect example is me trapping 3mph different with the same mods on different days with similar conditions). This is an often occurrence btw. W.e.

1st run: 2.46 60' and a 14.34 @100.2
2nd run: 2.347 60' and a 14.04 (again) @100.1

Any reason why I'm not trapping higher than I did with just CAI/Jpipe? Especially since I had a worse 60' by 0.1 and still ran the same time??? Do broken mounts hurt trap speed? Yea my car didn't feel great but still...

Oh btw, the conditions were PERFECT.
You did have a worse 60ft on the 14.04. The only thing I can think of is your DA might have been worse then when you ran with just I/J-pipe. Maybe your 3in exhaust is to big and you lost some torque? What was the temp, elevation, humidity and air pressure?
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
  #374  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
I don't remember the exact DA conditions, but they were perfect. I think it was like -700 feet. Like I said it felt poopy once I got to the track, but ehhh. My 60' on my prior best ET was 2.247 and this was almost exactly 0.1 worse. My best was 14.041 and this run was a 14.045.

Would shifting hard with broken mounts cause a loss of trap speed? That's the only thing I can think of, besides my car feeling sluggish. I mean, I did PCDs/ported IM/3in exhaust after the first 14.04 run. Idk...
Sonnick is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
  #375  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Your car might have been suffering from heat soak. Very common for our accords. Yes broken motor mounts will hurt 60ft as well as trap speed. With all that flex you probably aren't putting down all 255whp due to that. Get the innovative mounts and go back bro!
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
  #376  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Age: 37
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My time on quarter mile

I don`t know if its a lucky shot but here are my numbers. I only did it one time, only had the car in June. Got a base 06 MT. I plan to redo the around the same time to know in my head I`m able to redo it.

Got the slip if you don`t believe me.

My car is bone stock BTW

R/T : 0.437
60 foot: 2.275
330 foot: 6.155
1/8 ET: 9.355
1/8 MPH: 77.54
1000 foot: 12.069
1/4 ET: 14.367
MPH: 99.36

Amazing thread BTW. Nice to see what time the other can do
06TLMT6Owner is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
  #377  
Needs 4 more cylinders.
 
D's Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Age: 26
Posts: 1,630
Thanked 305 Times in 248 Posts
Originally Posted by 06TLMT6Owner View Post
I don`t know if its a lucky shot but here are my numbers. I only did it one time, only had the car in June. Got a base 06 MT. I plan to redo the around the same time to know in my head I`m able to redo it.

Got the slip if you don`t believe me.

My car is bone stock BTW

R/T : 0.437
60 foot: 2.275
330 foot: 6.155
1/8 ET: 9.355
1/8 MPH: 77.54
1000 foot: 12.069
1/4 ET: 14.367
MPH: 99.36

Amazing thread BTW. Nice to see what time the other can do
Holy Bawlz batman! Stock?! Well done!
D's Up is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 AM
  #378  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by 06TLMT6Owner View Post
I don`t know if its a lucky shot but here are my numbers. I only did it one time, only had the car in June. Got a base 06 MT. I plan to redo the around the same time to know in my head I`m able to redo it.

Got the slip if you don`t believe me.

My car is bone stock BTW

R/T : 0.437
60 foot: 2.275
330 foot: 6.155
1/8 ET: 9.355
1/8 MPH: 77.54
1000 foot: 12.069
1/4 ET: 14.367
MPH: 99.36

Amazing thread BTW. Nice to see what time the other can do
Great time for a stock 6MT! Nice!
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 11:11 AM
  #379  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
Great stock time! Those Quebec conditions are pretty awesome What were the conditions like?

I neglected to mention that my CEL was on during my 2 runs I didn't think it was a performance related CEL, but I will have to check. My CEL came on AT the track, and then went off just when I left. Figure that one out.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 02:49 PM
  #380  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Age: 37
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Great stock time! Those Quebec conditions are pretty awesome What were the conditions like?

I neglected to mention that my CEL was on during my 2 runs I didn't think it was a performance related CEL, but I will have to check. My CEL came on AT the track, and then went off just when I left. Figure that one out.
Was at Napierreville and the outside temperature was about 15 C/59 F. That might have had an impact on the time. And to confirm the track was in really good shape
06TLMT6Owner is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
  #381  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
Originally Posted by 06TLMT6Owner View Post
Was at Napierreville and the outside temperature was about 15 C/59 F. That might have had an impact on the time. And to confirm the track was in really good shape
Very nice, that's warmer than I thought it would've been. That's around what it was for me, possible even a few degrees cooler. Something is definitely not right with my car if you are bone stock and trapping 99.x and I'm fully bolted trapping 100.x. I already knew that based on my 100.82 trap speed with I/Jpipe, this further addresses it.

Any plans on mods? Oh, if you get your 60' down, you can possibly hit 13.9 stock!
Sonnick is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
  #382  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Age: 37
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Very nice, that's warmer than I thought it would've been. That's around what it was for me, possible even a few degrees cooler. Something is definitely not right with my car if you are bone stock and trapping 99.x and I'm fully bolted trapping 100.x. I already knew that based on my 100.82 trap speed with I/Jpipe, this further addresses it.

Any plans on mods? Oh, if you get your 60' down, you can possibly hit 13.9 stock!
I'll see. I just want to see if I can do the same time again and like you said try to do a better 60' while staying stock. Here are the tires I have:<a href="http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/extensa-hp" target="_blank">Toyo Extensa HP</a>. They are not the best tires for traction but I'm sure there is worst than that.
06TLMT6Owner is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 07:12 PM
  #383  
Under construction
iTrader: (3)
 
alexSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 32
Posts: 5,003
Thanked 90 Times in 66 Posts
Damn sonnick what the hell is going on man?? I know your probably very disappointed cuz shit you should be trapping at least 103/104 mph! I'm baffled ????
alexSU is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 08:56 AM
  #384  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
Originally Posted by alexSU View Post
Damn sonnick what the hell is going on man?? I know your probably very disappointed cuz shit you should be trapping at least 103/104 mph! I'm baffled ????
Idk
Sonnick is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
  #385  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 45
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good runs everyone. I don't actually own an Acura TL but I've got great respect for these vehicles. Truth be told I'm trying to hit the all important 5 post mark quickly so I can expedite my account's transition to private messaging freedom.
clubLexRep is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
  #386  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 45
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great runs again! (Man I am shameless ).
clubLexRep is offline  
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
  #387  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
07 type s

i must admit the types tranny sucks! i went 14.6 @97 with it in auto mode. i read before that it goes faster using the paddle shifters. this night that i went was a perfect night 42 deg, 40% humidity and 1 mph of wind. 14.6 was my previous best bone stock in similar conditions back in feb. my only MOD is an aem v2. 1st pass using the paddle shifters, [email protected]
2nd [email protected]
3rd [email protected]
4th [email protected]
the last pass was my best and foot braking the hell out if was the best result. no wheel spin at all, just a nice pull out of the hole. i must say im impressed with the car, but in order to get the times down the shift points have to be nailed just right. so whats mods do you guys think would be most effective to help nail that 13.9? i have not read an auto knock that time down, unlike the six speeds.
mr600r is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
  #388  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
^^ That's one of the best times on AZine I've seen thus far for the TL-s 5AT. Nice work!

Do the exhaust mods. PCDs/Jpipe/Catback. You will surpass 13.9.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 AM
  #389  
I got the Shifts
iTrader: (5)
 
phee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 14,204
Thanked 229 Times in 162 Posts
figure id put this here too

Originally Posted by phee View Post
went to the track on Sunday. my first time and I'm going back Saturday! had a blast and came 4th in the all motor street class. came behind a two z's that were running consistent 14.4-6 but managed to get down the line quicker in the head to head rounds.

my fastest time was a 14.249 @100.1 mph. my 60' was 2.3 because of my bald potenzas and bad front mount.

got some used nitto nt555 and used bfg g-force t/a kdw. any suggestions as to which is the better tire?

I'll probably end up gutting my car next time.

here's the vid of the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLRJj...e_gdata_player
phee is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:20 AM
  #390  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by mr600r View Post
i must admit the types tranny sucks! i went 14.6 @97 with it in auto mode. i read before that it goes faster using the paddle shifters. this night that i went was a perfect night 42 deg, 40% humidity and 1 mph of wind. 14.6 was my previous best bone stock in similar conditions back in feb. my only MOD is an aem v2. 1st pass using the paddle shifters, [email protected]
2nd [email protected]
3rd [email protected]
4th [email protected]
the last pass was my best and foot braking the hell out if was the best result. no wheel spin at all, just a nice pull out of the hole. i must say im impressed with the car, but in order to get the times down the shift points have to be nailed just right. so whats mods do you guys think would be most effective to help nail that 13.9? i have not read an auto knock that time down, unlike the six speeds.
Very impressed with those times just with AEM V2. That 42 degree weather really helped! What were your 60fts and 1/8 mile times and MPH?
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 01:17 PM
  #391  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
I'm not home right now I'll post up the time slip with more detail later tonight
From what I remember it was a 2.22 60ft 9.27 1/8 77.5. Yeah the weather makes a huge difference. Went just a few weeks ago I'n 70ish weather and the best I could do then was 14.7 like at 96.7. But I had been feeling the car down on power so went ahead and changed the spark plugs and cleaned the filter that was filthy. Going to go again here soon but this time I'm going to remove spare and any other things to make it light Including myself LOL. going to let the GF run it since she's like 75 pounds lighter than I am. So maybe a 14.1? Thanks for compliment I was extremely surprised myself. I mean thats a big diffence I'n both mph and et from I was used to. Where can I get the precat deletes and other pipe from? I can't see spending 1k on mufflers thats just crazy. So anybody here have suggestions for that?
mr600r is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
  #392  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
Just because your girlfriend is lighter doesn't mean she will drive better.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
  #393  
Registered Member
 
BostonSilverTypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Bean
Age: 37
Posts: 836
Thanked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by mr600r View Post
i must admit the types tranny sucks! i went 14.6 @97 with it in auto mode. i read before that it goes faster using the paddle shifters. this night that i went was a perfect night 42 deg, 40% humidity and 1 mph of wind. 14.6 was my previous best bone stock in similar conditions back in feb. my only MOD is an aem v2. 1st pass using the paddle shifters, [email protected]
2nd [email protected]
3rd [email protected]
4th [email protected]
the last pass was my best and foot braking the hell out if was the best result. no wheel spin at all, just a nice pull out of the hole. i must say im impressed with the car, but in order to get the times down the shift points have to be nailed just right. so whats mods do you guys think would be most effective to help nail that 13.9? i have not read an auto knock that time down, unlike the six speeds.
Amazing how much weather makes a diffirenceAmazing times...I see that TLs love the cold weather..that is huge diffirence man I wonder what I could run with some better tires and cooler weather, will have to wait till early spring next year....I went couple weeks ago but only got 1 pathetic pass which was just horrible, track was slick and slipped all the way thru 4th....

Originally Posted by phee View Post
figure id put this here too
Nice vid Phee...The TL is looking strong...IMO I would go with Nitto's heard great things just my...but BF's aint a bad choice either

Originally Posted by mr600r View Post
I'm not home right now I'll post up the time slip with more detail later tonight
From what I remember it was a 2.22 60ft 9.27 1/8 77.5. Yeah the weather makes a huge difference. Went just a few weeks ago I'n 70ish weather and the best I could do then was 14.7 like at 96.7. But I had been feeling the car down on power so went ahead and changed the spark plugs and cleaned the filter that was filthy. Going to go again here soon but this time I'm going to remove spare and any other things to make it light Including myself LOL. going to let the GF run it since she's like 75 pounds lighter than I am. So maybe a 14.1? Thanks for compliment I was extremely surprised myself. I mean thats a big diffence I'n both mph and et from I was used to. Where can I get the precat deletes and other pipe from? I can't see spending 1k on mufflers thats just crazy. So anybody here have suggestions for that?
- yea what sonnick said, just cuz she lighter doesnt mean she can drive, unless you feel she can beat you driving that thing then otherwise don't bother....Also hit up ritchie he can give you sweet deal on PCD's J-pipe and his new exhaust tru dual set-up....Huge numbers from those installed GL next time....What tires did you run with? the stock michelins?....
BostonSilverTypeS is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
  #394  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
i was running bridgestone potenza re760
mr600r is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
  #395  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
Very impressed with those times just with AEM V2. That 42 degree weather really helped! What were your 60fts and 1/8 mile times and MPH?
i tried uploading a pic of the time slip but can't, need to have more than 5 posts, but heres the info --

Reaction..... .7554
60ft .......... 2.2205
330ft ........ 6.1165
1/8 ET ..... 9.2733
1/8MPH ..... 77.68
1000 ET .... 11.9963
1000 MPH .. None
1/4 ET ....... 14.2742
1/4 MPH ..... 99.43

hopefully after this post i'll be able to add the slip!
mr600r is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:11 AM
  #396  
I got the Shifts
iTrader: (5)
 
phee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 14,204
Thanked 229 Times in 162 Posts
Nice vid Phee...The TL is looking strong...IMO I would go with Nitto's heard great things just my...but BF's aint a bad choice either


thanks man, I'm goig to run the bfg first this sat. I heard the the nitto are a bit harder than them. these bfg look like drag tires.
phee is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 AM
  #397  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by mr600r View Post
i tried uploading a pic of the time slip but can't, need to have more than 5 posts, but heres the info --

Reaction..... .7554
60ft .......... 2.2205
330ft ........ 6.1165
1/8 ET ..... 9.2733
1/8MPH ..... 77.68
1000 ET .... 11.9963
1000 MPH .. None
1/4 ET ....... 14.2742
1/4 MPH ..... 99.43

hopefully after this post i'll be able to add the slip!

Great 60ft! You gained almost 22mph from the 1/8th mile to the 1/4 mile. Great top end!
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:05 PM
  #398  
I got the Shifts
iTrader: (5)
 
phee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 14,204
Thanked 229 Times in 162 Posts
put the bfg's on. cant even chirp 2nd anymore. this is going to be fuuuuuunnn
phee is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 11:58 PM
  #399  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
- yea what sonnick said, just cuz she lighter doesnt mean she can drive, unless you feel she can beat you driving that thing then otherwise don't bother....Also hit up ritchie he can give you sweet deal on PCD's J-pipe and his new exhaust tru dual set-up....Huge numbers from those installed GL next time....What tires did you run with? the stock michelins?....[/quote]
who is ritche? what is his user name so that i can get these exhaust parts?
mr600r is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
  #400  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
His name is Richie V6. Why does everyone think it's "Ritchie?" How many RiTchies do you guys know?
Sonnick is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonnick For This Useful Post:
jrleclerc88 (10-14-2013)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quarter Mile Time Compilation


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.