Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercury Cougar against a TL?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Mercury Cougar against a TL?

Someone please tell me why this guy in a Mercury Cougar tried to race me this morning. I am usually not the type of guy to race all the time, but this guy had it coming to him.

It all started while I was trying to pass him in the left lane because he was going too slow. As soon as I switched lanes to pass him, he sped up. I did not pass him because I knew the light around the curve would probally be red. I was right.

He gets to the stop light first and I arrived shortly after. I stopped about half a car length back from him to give him a little headstart in case he wanted to race. As soon as the light turns green, he floors it. I pass him with little effort. As I get about a car length ahead of him, I stop accelerating. But this guy seems like he wants more as I see him speeding up even more inching closer to me. I then punch the gas some more and left him like he was standing still! At the next light he pulls up behind me, and then turns off quickly. LOL I then continue on my way.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:41 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha - "Memories...." My mom had a brand new 1987 Cougar XR7 - I remember driving that thing (a long time ago) and it had some balls. I do not recall what it had in it, but it was a fun car to drive - and really was quick, handled great with some big fat tires (for stock) - neat car...until she totaled it...

But knowing what I know about a TL, I would not have gone up against one - no chance. I guess no matter what people drive, everyone has a little race car driver in them..
Thanks for representing Team TL

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
Someone please tell me why this guy in a Mercury Cougar tried to race me this morning. I am usually not the type of guy to race all the time, but this guy had it coming to him.

It all started while I was trying to pass him in the left lane because he was going too slow. As soon as I switched lanes to pass him, he sped up. I did not pass him because I knew the light around the curve would probally be red. I was right.

He gets to the stop light first and I arrived shortly after. I stopped about half a car length back from him to give him a little headstart in case he wanted to race. As soon as the light turns green, he floors it. I pass him with little effort. As I get about a car length ahead of him, I stop accelerating. But this guy seems like he wants more as I see him speeding up even more inching closer to me. I then punch the gas some more and left him like he was standing still! At the next light he pulls up behind me, and then turns off quickly. LOL I then continue on my way.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My buddy's cousin has a Mercury Cougar w/ a Vortech blower making about 450rwhp. Not all Cougars are slow, just like not all TLs are fast. Never under-estimate another car just because what make/model it is.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by fiveoh-tl
My buddy's cousin has a Mercury Cougar w/ a Vortech blower making about 450rwhp. Not all Cougars are slow, just like not all TLs are fast. Never under-estimate another car just because what make/model it is.
true. true. But comparing them stock vs. stock which was the case here, he had no chance.