AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Honda Inspire vs BMW 650i and 335i (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/honda-inspire-vs-bmw-650i-335i-969240/)

InspireJ32A 04-23-2018 06:19 PM

Honda Inspire vs BMW 650i and 335i

Greeting comrades. I don't have any videos, since these races were sort of improvised, but I'd still like to share my story. So, a few days ago during the course of one evening I raced two BMW's. One was the old model 650i (not the turbo one, but with 4.8L N/A). I was struggling with some wheelspin in 1-2 gears (because 215 tires up front), but in third I was slowly reeling him in. I had to let off because of a speed-camera, but, after falling behind about 1.5 car lengths, I pretty much closed the gap by 130 km/h (80-ish mph).

Later that evening a cocky BMW 335i F30 with an exhaust tried to jump me, but he couldn't get past. We also went up to about 80, on a short section of road, and after that the road made a sharp right turn, which we both navigated at about maybe 20 mph and then both gunned it. He hung on for a little while, and then decided to give up. My car is a 2001 Honda Inspire (Acura TL for the Japanese market), with J32A2/6-speed swap with pretty much all the bolt-ons.

While I'm at it, here are some previous encounters: a year ago (while I was still rocking an auto) I decimated a W212 Mercedes E350. Even after losing the start by two car lengths, I flew by him after about 60-70, so left him zero chance. I've smoked a bunch of Camry 3.5's, don't even want to get into detail about those. There was this one race not too long ago which really surprised me, though. I was standing at a stoplight with a Mercedes GLS500 (I think it's called the GLS550 in the US). It's this monstrous SUV with a 450 horsepower turbo motor. This happened in February, so the roads were slippery. Anyway, he smoked me off the line HARD. I was a bit late to take off, and 1-2 gears generated more wheelspin than acceleration, but he got off the line like a fucking rocketship. When my tires finally found some grip, I noticed he wasn't pulling away from me anymore, but I wasn't really catching up either. I went on the internet later and found out that it has some 8 or 9 speed transmission (I forget), with second topping out at maybe 45 mph or something. So yeah, all-wheel drive, 450 horsepower turbo engine and some short gear ratios - and you have a pretty handy city rocket, despite it weighing like an apartment complex. So yeah, that one really surprised me. Prior to that I raced an old GL500 with the 5.4 liter N/A motor on the highway - and that thing had NOTHING on me. He was actually being a dick and not letting me by, and right when I finally got around him - he nailed it, I could hear a loud hissing from his exhaust, but it was a matter of seconds for me to drop to third, hit the gas and walk his dumb ass. Anyway, there you go.