Accord v6 coupe 6mt vs tl 6mt - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Accord v6 coupe 6mt vs tl 6mt

 
Old 09-05-2013, 03:22 PM
  #41  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,834
Thanked 13,841 Times in 10,283 Posts
Originally Posted by FCVadi View Post
I think this is the first thread I seen that justn hasnt posted in.... he is slacking


I dont like to paper race.
maxdinillllo can paper race all he wants!
justnspace is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justnspace For This Useful Post:
BEAR-AvHistory (09-05-2013), FCVadi (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 03:47 PM
  #42  
Moderator
iTrader: (7)
 
paperboy42190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alhambra, CA
Age: 28
Posts: 6,990
Thanked 1,149 Times in 838 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Any 7th Gen Accord is faster than any 3G TL, or TL-S with same transmission
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Never said it would beat you but it would be close.
care to explain this contradiction?

however i realize anything can happen on the streets, it's highly inaccurate. I've seen many supposedly fast cars get beaten by slower cars due to traction issues and driver mods. but I mean hey that's the whole fun in street races, you just never know. if a faster car is always supposed to win, then no one would be betting money on races.
in the end, all these cars have J series motors with minor differences. a good driver in any one of these cars can beat a bad driver in any one of these cars. out on the streets, a mis-shift, early/late shift, bad launch, and you will lose, and the other guy will go back on their forums and post their car is faster because they won.

Last edited by paperboy42190; 09-05-2013 at 03:50 PM.
paperboy42190 is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 04:22 PM
  #43  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
That further supports the point...a J32 Accord with more mods than a 6MT TL-s and they are dead even. The Accord is about 200lbs lighter than the Base TL, which would account for easily 1-2 cars in a roll race.
Ya I would say a 3G TL-S 6 Speed is faster than a 7G AV6 6 speed but comparing to a 8G AV6 6 Speed around same year will walk it.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 04:29 PM
  #44  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paperboy42190 View Post
care to explain this contradiction?

however i realize anything can happen on the streets, it's highly inaccurate. I've seen many supposedly fast cars get beaten by slower cars due to traction issues and driver mods. but I mean hey that's the whole fun in street races, you just never know. if a faster car is always supposed to win, then no one would be betting money on races.
in the end, all these cars have J series motors with minor differences. a good driver in any one of these cars can beat a bad driver in any one of these cars. out on the streets, a mis-shift, early/late shift, bad launch, and you will lose, and the other guy will go back on their forums and post their car is faster because they won.
All I am saying is

7G AV6 6 speed is faster than 3G TL 6 Speed

7G AV6 5 speed is faster than 3G TL 5 Speed

8G AV6 6 speed is faster than 3G TL-S 6 Speed

3G TL-S 6 Speed is faster than 7G AV6 6 speed

7G AV6 6 speed is faster than 3G TL-S 5 speed

So I am saying that most Accords are faster,and have slight edge than other TL's depending on year except the 2007 TL-S 6 speed vs 2007 AV6 6 speed.

And yes its totally a drivers race, because anything could happen on the streets, but from what I seen Accord has the Edge.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 05:06 PM
  #45  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
anx1300c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 633 Stag Trail Rd
Posts: 5,017
Thanked 923 Times in 608 Posts
The Surgeon General just released a statement that reading this thread may cause devastating migraines. Proceed with utmost caution.
anx1300c is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anx1300c For This Useful Post:
EvilVirus (09-06-2013), justnspace (09-06-2013), paperboy42190 (09-09-2013), Sonnick (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 07:04 PM
  #46  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
Ill give you a run for your money

lol one day, you, tyler and myself need to give it a go!
Lol hows your transmission going ? With all those mods and a auto trans, thats the reason why I dont wanna put in a J-pipe or something else big because I fear my trans breaking. But with all those mods in your sig, you will have no problem with a 3G TL-S 5AT.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 PM
  #47  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,205
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by anx1300c View Post
The Surgeon General just released a statement that reading this thread may cause devastating migraines. Proceed with utmost caution.
The thread was hijacked into fantasy land.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BEAR-AvHistory For This Useful Post:
justnspace (09-06-2013), Sonnick (09-05-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 AM
  #48  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Lol hows your transmission going ? With all those mods and a auto trans, thats the reason why I dont wanna put in a J-pipe or something else big because I fear my trans breaking. But with all those mods in your sig, you will have no problem with a 3G TL-S 5AT.
131,000 miles and runs like it did when it was new. I have taken it to the 1/4 mile track since she had 800 miles on her and probably ran it over 100 times.
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 12:29 AM
  #49  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
131,000 miles and runs like it did when it was new. I have taken it to the 1/4 mile track since she had 800 miles on her and probably ran it over 100 times.

Thats nice, mines got 140k miles and also still runs as new, and I have a really heavy foot. So how much do you average in the 1/4 mile with all those mods?
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 12:04 PM
  #50  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Thats nice, mines got 140k miles and also still runs as new, and I have a really heavy foot. So how much do you average in the 1/4 mile with all those mods?
i moved to southern california where there is no 1/4 mile track. I haven't raced it with all of the mods yet down the 1/4. With just I/E though I ran a [email protected] I ran the 1/8th mile recently at qualcomm however the ticket machine was down for the night
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:33 PM
  #51  
Mi Boosta
iTrader: (1)
 
TylerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Age: 30
Posts: 5,749
Thanked 1,563 Times in 971 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
Ill give you a run for your money

lol one day, you, tyler and myself need to give it a go!
I'd be down to run with a slipping clutch
TylerT is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:25 PM
  #52  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerT View Post
I'd be down to run with a slipping clutch
oh shit! it is the original clutch though right? not too shabby for your mileage
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 PM
  #53  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
Ill give you a run for your money

lol one day, you, tyler and myself need to give it a go!
Hey I should join too with my E36 ///M3!
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 PM
  #54  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,834
Thanked 13,841 Times in 10,283 Posts
^thank goodness you arent paper racing.

ya'll better make this happen, or all of ya'll are liars.
justnspace is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to justnspace For This Useful Post:
SatinSilverAV6 (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 10:14 PM
  #55  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
^thank goodness you arent paper racing.

ya'll better make this happen, or all of ya'll are liars.
Lol when was I paper racing, I stated the facts from what races I have seen thats all, but really I wouldnt mind racing you guys even though I am 80 percent sure I will win
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 10:19 PM
  #56  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,834
Thanked 13,841 Times in 10,283 Posts
psh, i just looked at your location. you're full of shit, like the rest. get out of here with that paper racing stuffs!

I have fam in Cali and might take a road trip out there.
I tried to meet up with some 562 guys,last time i was there, but no one spoke up
justnspace is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 PM
  #57  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
psh, i just looked at your location. you're full of shit, like the rest. get out of here with that paper racing stuffs!

I have fam in Cali and might take a road trip out there.
I tried to meet up with some 562 guys,last time i was there, but no one spoke up
Ya I was but I would be down to race someone around the Seattle area, just to see how much I would walk a 7th gen AV6 6 speed
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 10:33 PM
  #58  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,834
Thanked 13,841 Times in 10,283 Posts
^so, why would you say you would run if you lived elsewhere?

this, coupled with the fact that you keep bragging leads me to believe you aint shit.
sit down and shuddup already.



if you think you're that fast, post up vids and or time sheets showing you're capable of beating us.
justnspace is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to justnspace For This Useful Post:
BEAR-AvHistory (09-08-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 10:36 PM
  #59  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,834
Thanked 13,841 Times in 10,283 Posts
i have certain skills that can predict the future.

first, you'll brag,brag, brag, brag.

and then you'll make excuses.
justnspace is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to justnspace For This Useful Post:
paperboy42190 (09-09-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 PM
  #60  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
^so, why would you say you would run if you lived elsewhere?

this, coupled with the fact that you keep bragging leads me to believe you aint shit.
sit down and shuddup already.



if you think you're that fast, post up vids and or time sheets showing you're capable of beating us.
Lol I was just joking obviously but it would be fun and I would totally be down to race. And last time I checked they run mid 14's @ 97 or 98 at best, while I run high 13's @100 , and I have kept up and beaten MS3's, so call me when you could do that in stock form.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 10:45 PM
  #61  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,834
Thanked 13,841 Times in 10,283 Posts
lol at MS3's.
and you think you're fast.
justnspace is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 02:15 AM
  #62  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
lol at MS3's.
and you think you're fast.
What do you mean lol at MS3's there faster than 3G TL-S 6MT, and have 280 torque stock so Idk what your talking about with Accords if they only come 212 stock and weigh about the same
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 08:10 AM
  #63  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,834
Thanked 13,841 Times in 10,283 Posts
^see, you're paper racing again.
justnspace is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 09:03 AM
  #64  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 526 Times in 392 Posts
What do you have done to our e36? Because I can assure you based on experience, mod for mod with the Accord 6spd it is close. I've pulled a freshly rebuilt E36 with weight reduction, I/H/E/M90 manifold and 3.46s. He was dead even with another E36 with I/H/E/M90/BBTB/tune stock 3.15s. So I'd assume I would pull him as well, although not by much. If I was in Cali I would run you.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:08 AM
  #65  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
What do you have done to our e36? Because I can assure you based on experience, mod for mod with the Accord 6spd it is close. I've pulled a freshly rebuilt E36 with weight reduction, I/H/E/M90 manifold and 3.46s. He was dead even with another E36 with I/H/E/M90/BBTB/tune stock 3.15s. So I'd assume I would pull him as well, although not by much. If I was in Cali I would run you.
he lives in seattle, but with all his shit talk i think he needs to migrate down here to back it up!
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 12:22 PM
  #66  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
What do you have done to our e36? Because I can assure you based on experience, mod for mod with the Accord 6spd it is close. I've pulled a freshly rebuilt E36 with weight reduction, I/H/E/M90 manifold and 3.46s. He was dead even with another E36 with I/H/E/M90/BBTB/tune stock 3.15s. So I'd assume I would pull him as well, although not by much. If I was in Cali I would run you.
Nothing just I/E , and I might have a reflash but I dont really know because, I just got the car and you cant really tell if you have a reflash unless you try hitting 7k in 3rd gear which isnt possible for a stock E36 M3, plus I am pretty sure you would beat me dont you pull mid 13's @ 104 with all those mods you got, I think I have seen some of your vids.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 12:40 PM
  #67  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
he lives in seattle, but with all his shit talk i think he needs to migrate down here to back it up!
Lol thats so true, but really if you think I was shit talking then you gotta look again, I actually wanted to race and I was kidding about the , I would walk a 6spd Accord, I obviously know it will be a drivers race on a roll, they both trap at around 98mph stock, but from dig I got upper hand from rwd.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 01:28 PM
  #68  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Lol thats so true, but really if you think I was shit talking then you gotta look again, I actually wanted to race and I was kidding about the , I would walk a 6spd Accord, I obviously know it will be a drivers race on a roll, they both trap at around 98mph stock, but from dig I got upper hand from rwd.
I didn't mean shit talking in a bad way. Just in the way of smack talking with racing.
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 01:47 PM
  #69  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
I didn't mean shit talking in a bad way. Just in the way of smack talking with racing.
Ya lol it was kinda like that, but I dont hate on Honda Accord 6-6, there quick , I would even want one later in a year or 2, because I just got my M3 and I got it with 79k miles and its actually my daily driver, and it actually get around 20-23 mph driving 10 percent highway and rest city. Its a really fun car but for a daily driver its gonna break when time comes, So in a year I will sell it before 100k miles and when all the maintenence has to be done, and I will either get a 7th or 8th gen Accord 6-6, and maybe a 9th gen Accord 6-6 with monthly payment .
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 AM
  #70  
Moderator
iTrader: (7)
 
paperboy42190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alhambra, CA
Age: 28
Posts: 6,990
Thanked 1,149 Times in 838 Posts
so you have a bmw....but you post here on azine....have you had an acura in the past?...

just curious
paperboy42190 is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:48 PM
  #71  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,205
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
and it actually get around 20-23 mph driving 10 percent highway and rest city. .
20-23 @ 90% city in a M3, Give me a break. BS meter is fully pegged

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 09-09-2013 at 12:50 PM.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM
  #72  
Registered Member
 
damnboy37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Age: 35
Posts: 136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
20-23 @ 90% city in a M3, Give me a break. BS meter is fully pegged
Yea, it should be more. I get 32 or about 550 miles a tank.
damnboy37 is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:10 PM
  #73  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,205
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by damnboy37 View Post
Yea, it should be more. I get 32 or about 550 miles a tank.
Yeah & I get 45mpg/720 a tank city on my cars.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 09-09-2013 at 07:14 PM.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 PM
  #74  
Registered Member
 
Acura_Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 383
Thanked 45 Times in 44 Posts
Nice kill gotta show da other side of da team (honda) dat acuras are better!!
Acura_Swag is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
  #75  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
anx1300c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 633 Stag Trail Rd
Posts: 5,017
Thanked 923 Times in 608 Posts
^^

And da plot thickens....
anx1300c is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 PM
  #76  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paperboy42190 View Post
so you have a bmw....but you post here on azine....have you had an acura in the past?...

just curious
Used to have a teggy year back , and it was my first car.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:26 PM
  #77  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
20-23 @ 90% city in a M3, Give me a break. BS meter is fully pegged
Yes I get around same mpg as my 2003 Honda Accord V6 Auto of course but I get 20+ MPG easy I usually fill up 15gallons and drive 300 miles easy on it. And I actually floor it daily not baby it. Thats why E36 ///M3 are the best , there is no other car that will do 20+MPG city driving and get High 13's in the 1/4 mile, and have bigger than a 3.0L not counting Turbo Fours.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 AM
  #78  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,205
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Yes I get around same mpg as my 2003 Honda Accord V6 Auto of course but I get 20+ MPG easy I usually fill up 15gallons and drive 300 miles easy on it. And I actually floor it daily not baby it. Thats why E36 ///M3 are the best , there is no other car that will do 20+MPG city driving and get High 13's in the 1/4 mile, and have bigger than a 3.0L not counting Turbo Fours.
Looks like you are doing a lot better than most all the cars listed on the M3 MPG site who do get 20/21mpg but not in a 90% city driving mode.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 09-10-2013 at 09:14 AM.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
  #79  
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)
 
Majofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waffles, BU
Posts: 82,685
Thanked 9,877 Times in 7,266 Posts
Majofo is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
  #80  
Registered Member
 
damnboy37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Age: 35
Posts: 136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Looks like you are doing a lot better than most all the cars listed on the M3 MPG site who do get 20/21mpg but not in a 90% city driving mode.
A lot of people on bimmerforums and M3forum get about 25 mpg on their e36 M3s. I commute 56 miles round trip, lasts me 10 days, I usually have to fill up on that 10th day to get back home (on my s/c 99, but that won't last since I'm going to be after more power during winter).
damnboy37 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accord v6 coupe 6mt vs tl 6mt


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.