Notices

Accord v6 coupe 6mt vs tl 6mt

 
Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 88
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Accord v6 coupe 6mt vs tl 6mt

I was at the gas station today to get a drink when i see this accord pull up. he is lowered on some rims and has a red tow hook. I get in my car to leave and get stuck at the light. so i am stuck at this red light waiting to turn and this guy is pretty much running to his car so he can catch me. he drives up behind me and we make the u turn. he is right on my ass so i know he wants to race. another light turns red and we line up. he is inching off the line so i know he is looking to race. so the light turns green and we slowly take off. i pace him in 1st and he gives it the beans. i let him get fender length on me and i shift to 2nd. i start to gain and then pass him on the top of 2nd. i shift to 3rd and i slowly start to walk him. at the end of 3rd i was about a car and a half ahead. not bad huh
bb4_vtec is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 01:13 AM
  #2  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Received 526 Likes on 392 Posts
Come race me Lol jp. Nice run. Accord 6MT/TL 6MT is a drivers race and you were the better driver. Nice kill
Sonnick is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 01:16 AM
  #3  
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱
iTrader: (16)
 
princelybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 22,454
Received 199 Likes on 152 Posts
Nice kill.
princelybug is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 05:36 AM
  #4  
Under construction
iTrader: (3)
 
alexSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 32
Posts: 5,003
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts
Not bad man, congrats on your shifting skills and the kill
alexSU is offline  
Old 12-03-2009, 05:23 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 38
Posts: 138
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta show those Accord's who's tha boss!
Teteux is offline  
Old 12-03-2009, 05:38 PM
  #6  
Needs 4 more cylinders.
 
D's Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Age: 27
Posts: 1,630
Received 305 Likes on 248 Posts
Good kill.
D's Up is offline  
Old 12-03-2009, 05:52 PM
  #7  
.... .... .... ... ....
 
Blazing GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N Y C
Age: 29
Posts: 7,547
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
good kill
Blazing GT is offline  
Old 12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
  #8  
Registered Member
 
jeowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GSO, NC
Age: 38
Posts: 1,557
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nicekill
jeowen is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
  #9  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Received 526 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Teteux View Post
Gotta show those Accord's who's tha boss!


Lol
Sonnick is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:35 PM
  #10  
.... .... .... ... ....
 
Blazing GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N Y C
Age: 29
Posts: 7,547
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
race the new accord coupe...he will easily walk you

6spd of course
Blazing GT is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:01 PM
  #11  
Your Friendly Canadian
 
Aman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 26
Posts: 16,648
Received 976 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Teteux View Post
Gotta show those Accord's who's tha boss!
You realize the TL is based on the A
Aman is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 88
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
the 08-09 6 speed accord coupes ive seen online are around 14.5 -14.7. i've heard of times as fast as 13.9. that being said i dont think it'll "walk me"

coupe v6 specs
268 hp
248 tq
~3446 lbs

Last edited by bb4_vtec; 12-07-2009 at 06:59 PM.
bb4_vtec is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 PM
  #13  
Registered Member
 
jeowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GSO, NC
Age: 38
Posts: 1,557
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bb4_vtec View Post
the 08-09 6 speed accord coupes ive seen online are around 14.5 -14.7. i've heard of times as fast as 13.9. that being said i dont think it'll "walk me"

coupe v6 specs
268 hp
248 tq
~3446 lbs
not a walk at all man close.. edge to the TL.
jeowen is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 PM
  #14  
Your Friendly Canadian
 
Aman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 26
Posts: 16,648
Received 976 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by jeowen View Post
not a walk at all man close.. edge to the TL.
I'd give the edge to the Accord. Around the same weight, with 10 extra horses to the AV6. Not sure about torque though, anybody know the numbers for both the Accord and TL?
Aman is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
  #15  
.... .... .... ... ....
 
Blazing GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N Y C
Age: 29
Posts: 7,547
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
A base TL runs through the quarter mile in the high 14s.

6spd accord coupe can get down to the low 14s..

i call that a walk away


the V6 is 300lbs heavier than the 4 cylinder??
Blazing GT is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 01:22 PM
  #16  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 88
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
i ran my 6mt tl stock @ sacramento raceway and yielded 14.1 @ 99 mph. its all a drivers race and i like to think i can drive. 6mt base tl vs 09 accord v6 coupe is a drivers race.
bb4_vtec is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 PM
  #17  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 88
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-...fications.aspx

yes the v6 is roughly 300lbs heavier than the 4cyl.
bb4_vtec is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 01:35 PM
  #18  
Under construction
iTrader: (3)
 
alexSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 32
Posts: 5,003
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Blazing GT View Post
A base TL runs through the quarter mile in the high 14s.

6spd accord coupe can get down to the low 14s..

i call that a walk away


the V6 is 300lbs heavier than the 4 cylinder??
ah man, no faith in the TL

i know the TL can run low low 14's, it's all in the driver and his 60' foot time


ohh yeah and a guy on here ran like a 13.9 with a stock TL ones, crazy!
alexSU is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM
  #19  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Received 526 Likes on 392 Posts
I'd give the edge to the new Accord. Yes I'm going by mag times, the mags never got the TL to trap over 100 stock. The Accord trapped 102.

I do agree though, driver's race with a slight edge to the Accord. If you drive better you should win though . I've yet to play with one... But I'd probably lose with my slipping clutch
Sonnick is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 01:06 PM
  #20  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Hopefully I can help clarify the TL 6MT vs the 08+ Accord V6 Coupe 6MT.

You could call any race a drivers race if it has to do with a manual tranny. But the 08+ Accord 6MT is a quicker vehicle than the TL 6MT with equal drivers. A stock 8th gen Accord v6 6mt puts down 239whp and 224wtq stock. Those numbers a stock TL 6MT can only dream of since they only put down 216-220whp and just over 200wtq. Plus the accord weighs 100lbs less than the TL 6MT. A 7th gen Accord V6 6mt vs TL 6MT is a drivers race with equal drivers. Stock MickAV6 ran a [email protected] in his 09 Accord V6 6MT. He has already run a [email protected] with Injen Intake, Test pipe on stock tires. The TL-S 6MT and 08+ Accord V6 6MT is a very close race. Try racing a TL 6MT vs a 08+ Accord 6MT from a roll and watch the TL get pulled on hard.
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
  #21  
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)
iTrader: (3)
 
TheChamp531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Received 429 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
Hopefully I can help clarify the TL 6MT vs the 08+ Accord V6 Coupe 6MT.

You could call any race a drivers race if it has to do with a manual tranny. But the 08+ Accord 6MT is a quicker vehicle than the TL 6MT with equal drivers. A stock 8th gen Accord v6 6mt puts down 239whp and 224wtq stock. Those numbers a stock TL 6MT can only dream of since they only put down 216-220whp and just over 200wtq. Plus the accord weighs 100lbs less than the TL 6MT. A 7th gen Accord V6 6mt vs TL 6MT is a drivers race with equal drivers. Stock MickAV6 ran a [email protected] in his 09 Accord V6 6MT. He has already run a [email protected] with Injen Intake, Test pipe on stock tires. The TL-S 6MT and 08+ Accord V6 6MT is a very close race. Try racing a TL 6MT vs a 08+ Accord 6MT from a roll and watch the TL get pulled on hard.
I would expect a newer Accord to beat a semi-old TL. They basically slapped in a TL motor and upped it a notch. Nonetheless any Type-S would beat any accord on a track course.

3G Type-S would win against the 09 V6 MT. Nonetheless, the 4G TL would be most compatible to put head to head with the V6 6MT, the 4G would win with SH-AWD & M/T
TheChamp531 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 03:22 PM
  #22  
Under construction
iTrader: (3)
 
alexSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 32
Posts: 5,003
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
Hopefully I can help clarify the TL 6MT vs the 08+ Accord V6 Coupe 6MT.

You could call any race a drivers race if it has to do with a manual tranny. But the 08+ Accord 6MT is a quicker vehicle than the TL 6MT with equal drivers. A stock 8th gen Accord v6 6mt puts down 239whp and 224wtq stock. Those numbers a stock TL 6MT can only dream of since they only put down 216-220whp and just over 200wtq. Plus the accord weighs 100lbs less than the TL 6MT. A 7th gen Accord V6 6mt vs TL 6MT is a drivers race with equal drivers. Stock MickAV6 ran a [email protected] in his 09 Accord V6 6MT. He has already run a [email protected] with Injen Intake, Test pipe on stock tires. The TL-S 6MT and 08+ Accord V6 6MT is a very close race. Try racing a TL 6MT vs a 08+ Accord 6MT from a roll and watch the TL get pulled on hard.
I never had a doubt I wish I could run 13.9 stock and put down 239whp
alexSU is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 07:10 PM
  #23  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Received 526 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531 View Post
I would expect a newer Accord to beat a semi-old TL. They basically slapped in a TL motor and upped it a notch. Nonetheless any Type-S would beat any accord on a track course.

3G Type-S would win against the 09 V6 MT. Nonetheless, the 4G TL would be most compatible to put head to head with the V6 6MT, the 4G would win with SH-AWD & M/T
I would still give the edge to the Accord here. According to the dyno numbers on TOV, the Accord is within 5whp if I'm not mistaken and slightly better torque band, plus being lighter.

Dammit I just wanna run into one.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 11:27 AM
  #24  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531 View Post
I would expect a newer Accord to beat a semi-old TL. They basically slapped in a TL motor and upped it a notch. Nonetheless any Type-S would beat any accord on a track course.

3G Type-S would win against the 09 V6 MT. Nonetheless, the 4G TL would be most compatible to put head to head with the V6 6MT, the 4G would win with SH-AWD & M/T
The 3G Type-S would definantly beat a accord 6MT on the autocross track for sure. In a straightline the accord has actully put up faster 1/4 mile times and faster trap speeds but I know that there isn't alot of 3g TL-S 6MT that have run at the track yet. I am sure as more run the times will get better. Who knows if a 4G SH-AWD MT is faster than the Accord 6MT. There isn't anyone that has run that car at the track yet as far as I know. All are great cars anyway!
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
  #25  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for going to this really old thread, but I am sorry, Honda Accords are faster than Acura TL's the only exception will be 2007 Acura TL-S vs a 2007 Honda Accord V6 6 speed, but every year except that a Honda Accord will walk away. I raced my freinds 2007 Acura TL-S with my 2003 Honda Accord V6 Sedan , both automatic transmission, and we were dead even till 40 then he started pulling 1/2 car length till 60 and it ended with 1 car length to around 100. Mines has 140k miles vs his 50k miles, and we both only had intakes. I believe if I had 50k miles as much as him, we would be even.

Heres a video of my 0-60 on youtube:

maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 04:28 PM
  #26  
Mi Boosta
iTrader: (1)
 
TylerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Age: 30
Posts: 5,767
Received 1,587 Likes on 982 Posts
My 6 speed Accord coupe was barely faster than a TL-S 5AT stock for stock .. maybe a fenders length ahead.

I find it hard to believe a car with more drivetrain loss & less power would stick with a TL-S.
TylerT is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM
  #27  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
anx1300c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 633 Stag Trail Rd
Posts: 5,017
Received 923 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Sorry for going to this really old thread, but I am sorry, Honda Accords are faster than Acura TL's the only exception will be 2007 Acura TL-S vs a 2007 Honda Accord V6 6 speed, but every year except that a Honda Accord will walk away. I raced my freinds 2007 Acura TL-S with my 2003 Honda Accord V6 Sedan , both automatic transmission, and we were dead even till 40 then he started pulling 1/2 car length till 60 and it ended with 1 car length to around 100. Mines has 140k miles vs his 50k miles, and we both only had intakes. I believe if I had 50k miles as much as him, we would be even.

Heres a video of my 0-60 on youtube:

2003 Honda Accord EX V6 0-60 MPH - YouTube
But the thing is, a base 3G 6MT TL is quicker than a 5AT Type-S. Your car is quicker than a base 5AT TL though. I think.
anx1300c is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 05:15 PM
  #28  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerT View Post
My 6 speed Accord coupe was barely faster than a TL-S 5AT stock for stock .. maybe a fenders length ahead.

I find it hard to believe a car with more drivetrain loss & less power would stick with a TL-S.
Never said I stuck with him but I know I was only a car length behind to about 80. Secondly, I am not saying your a bad driver but with a 6 speed should be able to pull 1 to 2 car lengths ahead at least up til 80mph.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 05:17 PM
  #29  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anx1300c View Post
But the thing is, a base 3G 6MT TL is quicker than a 5AT Type-S. Your car is quicker than a base 5AT TL though. I think.
Actually everyone says there equal because the TL 6 speed will have less drivetrain loss and is faster than a 5AT, but its down 16 HP and around 20 Torque from the TL-S , so a manual wont really net you that much power more from drivetrain loss. I would say they are around same speed.
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM
  #30  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anx1300c View Post
But the thing is, a base 3G 6MT TL is quicker than a 5AT Type-S. Your car is quicker than a base 5AT TL though. I think.
And my Honda Accord will walk away from a Base TL 5AT , my freind just got a 2005 with 50k miles, when he fixes it up I might do a vid of us racing and I will post, but I would say the best run you could possibly do on stock 5AT TL 3G will be a 15.0 @ 95, and I did a 14.7 @ 96.5
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 05:37 PM
  #31  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
anx1300c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 633 Stag Trail Rd
Posts: 5,017
Received 923 Likes on 608 Posts
There's actually a 28 hp difference between the base and the Type-S, 258-286, and about 15 whp between the base 6MT and Type-S 5AT. That 15 whp might offset the extra 180 lbs of curb weight of the Type-S, but the weaker gearing/slow shifting of the 5AT is the dealbreaker. And regardless of what "everyone" says, it's been shown with time slips and actual runs which is quicker.

Regardless, things do appear to be looking up with Honda's new 6AT.
anx1300c is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 05:58 PM
  #32  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anx1300c View Post
There's actually a 28 hp difference between the base and the Type-S, 258-286, and about 15 whp between the base 6MT and Type-S 5AT. That 15 whp might offset the extra 180 lbs of curb weight of the Type-S, but the weaker gearing/slow shifting of the 5AT is the dealbreaker. And regardless of what "everyone" says, it's been shown with time slips and actual runs which is quicker.

Regardless, things do appear to be looking up with Honda's new 6AT.
r

Either way my point is, that the Accords are mostly all faster than TL's, if you get a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6 speed manual vs a 2008 Acura TL-S 6 speed manual ( Which is the fastest 3G TL made)the Honda will pull away. I have seen drag times from both and the TL-S at best gets Very HIGH 13's, like a 13.9 at best with around 100MPH Trap, while I have seen the 8G Accord get 13.7 with 102MPH which is day and night difference. Any 7th Gen Accord is faster than any 3G TL, or TL-S with same transmission , I think a 7G Accord V6 6MT will take a 3G TL 6MT
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 AM
  #33  
Moderator
iTrader: (7)
 
paperboy42190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alhambra, CA
Age: 29
Posts: 6,990
Received 1,149 Likes on 838 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Any 7th Gen Accord is faster than any 3G TL, or TL-S with same transmission
sorry but no stock 03-07 accord v6 auto will beat me in a race. v6 6mt sure, but not auto. I've raced plenty of them plus I've driven them before. it's a J30 vs J35, and the auto in the accord is just as slow as the auto in the TL, so why would an accord v6 beat me?
paperboy42190 is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 09:10 AM
  #34  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Received 526 Likes on 392 Posts
Sigh. A 6MT Accord vs. 6MT Base TL is a drivers race. Accord 5AT vs TL 5AT = drivers race. 8G Accord 6MT vs TL-s 6MT = drivers race with a slight edge to the Accord.

There is a great video on youtube of a TL-s 6MT with I/E I believe, and a 7.5G Accord with I/E/PCDs/Jpipe (?) and it's dead even until about 145 from a high 2nd gear roll. The Accord starts in 2nd around 50, and the TL-s starts in 3rd. Great race, under the name chuloman3.
Sonnick is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 11:48 AM
  #35  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Sigh. A 6MT Accord vs. 6MT Base TL is a drivers race. Accord 5AT vs TL 5AT = drivers race. 8G Accord 6MT vs TL-s 6MT = drivers race with a slight edge to the Accord.

There is a great video on youtube of a TL-s 6MT with I/E I believe, and a 7.5G Accord with I/E/PCDs/Jpipe (?) and it's dead even until about 145 from a high 2nd gear roll. The Accord starts in 2nd around 50, and the TL-s starts in 3rd. Great race, under the name chuloman3.
Ya but that video says J32 engine in it, so its swapped TL Motor, but I Totally agree with you except I think Accord has slight edge in every category, any 7th GEN Accord with an auto will beat 3G TL with auto and same as BOTH 6MT, but if your comparing the TL-S 6MT to the 7G Accord 6MT then I would say slight edge to TL-S , but its not fair comparing the 2 because the Accord is older, so I would say compare it to the 8G which would smoke the TL-S 6 Speed out of the water, it traps 2 mph better, and 0.2 seconds faster in the 1/4mile
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 AM
  #36  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paperboy42190 View Post
sorry but no stock 03-07 accord v6 auto will beat me in a race. v6 6mt sure, but not auto. I've raced plenty of them plus I've driven them before. it's a J30 vs J35, and the auto in the accord is just as slow as the auto in the TL, so why would an accord v6 beat me?
Never said it would beat you but it would be close. Firstly the Honda Accord is 300 Pounds Lighter, and I had 140k miles to his 50k miles, and we both had intakes, and I didnt say we could beat one but I hung with him up to 80, next time we race I could record if you want?
maxdanilo is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 01:28 PM
  #37  
2003 Accord Coupe V6
iTrader: (2)
 
SatinSilverAV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Age: 36
Posts: 1,825
Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by paperboy42190 View Post
sorry but no stock 03-07 accord v6 auto will beat me in a race. v6 6mt sure, but not auto. I've raced plenty of them plus I've driven them before. it's a J30 vs J35, and the auto in the accord is just as slow as the auto in the TL, so why would an accord v6 beat me?
Ill give you a run for your money

lol one day, you, tyler and myself need to give it a go!
SatinSilverAV6 is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 02:02 PM
  #38  
Registered Member
iTrader: (3)
 
FCVadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 984
Received 119 Likes on 109 Posts
I think this is the first thread I seen that justn hasnt posted in.... he is slacking
FCVadi is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by FCVadi:
paperboy42190 (09-05-2013), SatinSilverAV6 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 02:08 PM
  #39  
Moderator
iTrader: (7)
 
paperboy42190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alhambra, CA
Age: 29
Posts: 6,990
Received 1,149 Likes on 838 Posts
Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6 View Post
Ill give you a run for your money

lol one day, you, tyler and myself need to give it a go!
I'm sure you would haha, you're not stock

yeah definitely!
paperboy42190 is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 PM
  #40  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Received 526 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by maxdanilo View Post
Ya but that video says J32 engine in it, so its swapped TL Motor, but I Totally agree with you except I think Accord has slight edge in every category, any 7th GEN Accord with an auto will beat 3G TL with auto and same as BOTH 6MT, but if your comparing the TL-S 6MT to the 7G Accord 6MT then I would say slight edge to TL-S , but its not fair comparing the 2 because the Accord is older, so I would say compare it to the 8G which would smoke the TL-S 6 Speed out of the water, it traps 2 mph better, and 0.2 seconds faster in the 1/4mile
That further supports the point...a J32 Accord with more mods than a 6MT TL-s and they are dead even. The Accord is about 200lbs lighter than the Base TL, which would account for easily 1-2 cars in a roll race.
Sonnick is offline  
The following users liked this post:
paperboy42190 (09-05-2013)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accord v6 coupe 6mt vs tl 6mt


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.