Notices

99 TL vs 06 Lexus IS250?

 
Old 07-28-2016, 02:30 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
99 TL vs 06 Lexus IS250?

I have a guy with a nice silver IS250, we had a heated argument about which car is superior in terms of speed. He has 205hp, 182 lbs torque and his car is awd. I would think I should have no problem taking from a roll. We are just about ready to put money on it, what should the out come be? Btw both cars are stock.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:31 PM
  #2  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 38,437
Received 5,938 Likes on 4,760 Posts
He's going to win because your glass transmission and you will still be at the start line.


thoiboi is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by thoiboi:
justnspace (07-28-2016), TacoBello (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 02:32 PM
  #3  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,216
Received 14,177 Likes on 10,525 Posts
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:35 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
He's going to win because your glass transmission and you will still be at the start line.
You think so?? 700 miles and nearly 2 weeks later after the solenoid cleaning, car is still shifting great. I was doing some spirited driving the last 2 nights and trans was fine. I don't drag race on the streets anyways, we are talking about taking this to the highway late at night. I think I should take him.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:36 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
So many non hopeful replies goshh lol
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:36 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,495
Received 4,405 Likes on 3,314 Posts
I hope there are no deers in your area
TacoBello is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:36 PM
  #7  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 38,437
Received 5,938 Likes on 4,760 Posts
Let me know where the pot is, I got a benjamin on the Lexus.


Yes i really think so.
thoiboi is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:37 PM
  #8  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,495
Received 4,405 Likes on 3,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Roblee23 View Post
So many non hopeful replies goshh lol
what were you expecting from bench racing? A meaningful conversation?
TacoBello is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:39 PM
  #9  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
Let me know where the pot is, I got a benjamin on the Lexus.


Yes i really think so.
The only thing that lexus has going for it is the 6 speed tranny, other than that, everything else points to the TL as the winner, the 250 is seriously underpowered. And I don't normally go to the highway just to race, but hes making the 250 sound like a Lambo.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:41 PM
  #10  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 38,437
Received 5,938 Likes on 4,760 Posts
Umm he also has 7 less years of wear and tear and lost ponies broseph lee.

Prove us wrong, make Acurazine proud again by recording the drag race. Go pro, make sure you get both license plates in the shot .
thoiboi is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:43 PM
  #11  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
what were you expecting from bench racing? A meaningful conversation?
Nope, I asked a serious question on thoughts of the outcome of a race, and I got some off the wall answers. I can back up my talk behind the wheel. You guys forgot, I originated from the Nissan community!!!! We aint scared!!!
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:45 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
Umm he also has 7 less years of wear and tear and lost ponies broseph lee.

Prove us wrong, make Acurazine proud again by recording the drag race. Go pro, make sure you get both license plates in the shot .
My car only has 107k on her, I use only top tier gas, im changing the plugs in a few days because it needs them bad. Other than that, theres no check engine light at all, just an srs light, but im guessing that's because I haven't gotten around to replacing the pass side air bag yet.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:46 PM
  #13  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,216
Received 14,177 Likes on 10,525 Posts
Originally Posted by Roblee23 View Post
Nope, I asked a serious question on thoughts of the outcome of a race, and I got some off the wall answers. I can back up my talk behind the wheel. You guys forgot, I originated from the Nissan community!!!! We aint scared!!!
so, then go fool!
race in Mexico! and report back with results.
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:47 PM
  #14  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Roblee23 View Post
My car only has 107k on her, I use only top tier gas, im changing the plugs in a few days because it needs them bad. Other than that, theres no check engine light at all, just an srs light, but im guessing that's because I haven't gotten around to replacing the pass side air bag yet.
BTW, his car is sitting at a little bit over 111k, so so much for pony lost!!
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:49 PM
  #15  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
so, then go fool!
race in Mexico! and report back with results.
I was joking, from Illinois not Mexico. Where did Mexico come from? Just curious.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 02:50 PM
  #16  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,216
Received 14,177 Likes on 10,525 Posts
Originally Posted by Roblee23 View Post
I was joking, from Illinois not Mexico. Where did Mexico come from? Just curious.
it's illegal to race on the streets of the United States..

justnspace is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 04:28 PM
  #17  
Registered Member
iTrader: (7)
 
vietxquangstah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DALLAS TX
Posts: 3,809
Received 761 Likes on 550 Posts
Video or it didn't happen
vietxquangstah is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 04:30 PM
  #18  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 38,437
Received 5,938 Likes on 4,760 Posts


awaiting the videos of you seeing his tail lights
thoiboi is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 04:42 PM
  #19  
Registered Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Flipster23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 34,806
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,730 Posts
Originally Posted by Roblee23 View Post
You think so?? 700 miles and nearly 2 weeks later after the solenoid cleaning, car is still shifting great. I was doing some spirited driving the last 2 nights and trans was fine. I don't drag race on the streets anyways, we are talking about taking this to the highway late at night. I think I should take him.


What is the difference, it's still illegal.....
Flipster23 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 04:43 PM
  #20  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 38,437
Received 5,938 Likes on 4,760 Posts
Don't let these lamebags rain on your parade... Do it record it and report back.
thoiboi is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 04:47 PM
  #21  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,495
Received 4,405 Likes on 3,314 Posts
This is exactly what bench racing is. Which car SOUNDS like it will be faster, when you look at the specs on paper. It's a pointless argument because you can find positives and negatives for both sides. There's only one way to be sure.

My thoughts-

IS transmission has an extra gear in it, meaning closer gear ratios, meaning if power was equal, the shorter gearing would accelerate faster.

IS has AWD which helps with launching

IS is 8 years newer and likely has a faster shifting transmission with better shift logic, than one from the 90s.

Off the line, I think he will take you. Depends how fast you intend on going (you can't exactly measure a 1/4 mile out on the highway), but eventually, I think you will beat him, but it depends how fast you ultimately go. You have more overall torque which will allow you to, at least on paper, hit a higher speed, faster.

Other things to consider, which have not been discussed- the tires being used, and of course, the weight of each car as they are.

Do do you see why asking is kind of pointless? There are 56 different cogs spinning- each one can influence the outcome of said bench race. Like I said, there's only one way to actually find out...
TacoBello is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 04:48 PM
  #22  
Registered Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Flipster23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 34,806
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,730 Posts
Make sure to fill up with 91 or 93 before the race.

Don't use 87.



Just do it, what do you have to lose? Besides your license, or your car or a deers life.
Flipster23 is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM
  #23  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Flipster23 View Post
Make sure to fill up with 91 or 93 before the race.

Don't use 87.



Just do it, what do you have to lose? Besides your license, or your car or a deers life.
I always use 93, we are racing on the highway from a roll, I dnt see myself losing
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:11 PM
  #24  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,216
Received 14,177 Likes on 10,525 Posts
go fourth young grasshopper and whoop his butt
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:14 PM
  #25  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,495
Received 4,405 Likes on 3,314 Posts
In 6 weeks:

"hey guise... My transmission seems to have this slipping feeling..."

Sorry, OP, but it's bound to happen. Even though you've changed the fluid now, that doesn't mean previous damage wasn't already done. These transmissions are just not meant to have a heavy foot pushing them.
TacoBello is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:39 PM
  #26  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
In 6 weeks:

"hey guise... My transmission seems to have this slipping feeling..."

Sorry, OP, but it's bound to happen. Even though you've changed the fluid now, that doesn't mean previous damage wasn't already done. These transmissions are just not meant to have a heavy foot pushing them.
Im fully aware of these transmissions in these cars, Im pretty much certain I will beat him, we will do a 40-120mph roll, and I will record it.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:44 PM
  #27  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,216
Received 14,177 Likes on 10,525 Posts
you would beat him at 20mph roll. lol

dont even have to get going that fast. he has a 4 cylinder and you have a 6. there is NO replacement for displacement, unless force fed
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:46 PM
  #28  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
This is exactly what bench racing is. Which car SOUNDS like it will be faster, when you look at the specs on paper. It's a pointless argument because you can find positives and negatives for both sides. There's only one way to be sure.

My thoughts-

IS transmission has an extra gear in it, meaning closer gear ratios, meaning if power was equal, the shorter gearing would accelerate faster.

IS has AWD which helps with launching

IS is 8 years newer and likely has a faster shifting transmission with better shift logic, than one from the 90s.

Off the line, I think he will take you. Depends how fast you intend on going (you can't exactly measure a 1/4 mile out on the highway), but eventually, I think you will beat him, but it depends how fast you ultimately go. You have more overall torque which will allow you to, at least on paper, hit a higher speed, faster.

Other things to consider, which have not been discussed- the tires being used, and of course, the weight of each car as they are.

Do do you see why asking is kind of pointless? There are 56 different cogs spinning- each one can influence the outcome of said bench race. Like I said, there's only one way to actually find out...
Were racing from a roll, im not too big of a racing from a dead stop fan. Its much less wear and tear on a car while ur racing from a rolling start.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:48 PM
  #29  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
you would beat him at 20mph roll. lol

dont even have to get going that fast. he has a 4 cylinder and you have a 6. there is NO replacement for displacement, unless force fed
The IS250 has a 2.5L V6 good for 205HP and 182LBS torque, and I believe it weights a little more than 2G TL. I admit, the IS250 does have a nice 6 speed auto though.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:50 PM
  #30  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,216
Received 14,177 Likes on 10,525 Posts
butt butt the 250 is dog shit slow!

if you were facing the 350, it would be tougher
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:55 PM
  #31  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
butt butt the 250 is dog shit slow!

if you were facing the 350, it would be tougher
yes, the IS350 is 306hp and 277 torque!!! I shouldn't have a problem with a 250.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 01:56 PM
  #32  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,216
Received 14,177 Likes on 10,525 Posts
no, you shouldnt. lol

and you shouldnt street race. but if you happen to make it to Mexico....
justnspace is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 02:17 PM
  #33  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,495
Received 4,405 Likes on 3,314 Posts
You'd get destroyed by a 350, every day of the week. The 250... yeah... meh.
TacoBello is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 04:23 PM
  #34  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
You'd get destroyed by a 350, every day of the week. The 250... yeah... meh.
Well brother, I would NEVER even think about running a 350 lol. That may be my next ride next time im in the mood for a car note. But im loving the TL at this moment, just gotta finish lining my front end back up. I just plasti dipped the roof too to hide some of the paint cleat, came out pretty good, once I finish putting everything back 2gether im gonna uploads pics. Im gonna soon buy some 18 inch wheels that comes on the Maxima, those are gonna look great on the TL. cant wait.
Roblee23 is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 04:36 PM
  #35  
Registered Member
iTrader: (8)
 
EvilVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,136
Received 1,075 Likes on 855 Posts
stop talking and start racing

EvilVirus is offline  
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (07-29-2016)
Old 07-31-2016, 11:28 PM
  #36  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
anx1300c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 633 Stag Trail Rd
Posts: 5,017
Received 923 Likes on 608 Posts
This is gonna be like the Special Olympics if they do race.
anx1300c is offline  
Old 08-01-2016, 12:08 AM
  #37  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 38,437
Received 5,938 Likes on 4,760 Posts
Did you lose yet
thoiboi is offline  
Old 08-01-2016, 02:59 AM
  #38  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,495
Received 4,405 Likes on 3,314 Posts
Originally Posted by anx1300c View Post
This is gonna be like the Special Olympics if they do race.
There's only 2 people per race, so that everyone gets a medal
TacoBello is offline  
Old 08-01-2016, 03:34 AM
  #39  
Registered Member
 
RDX10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,878
Received 635 Likes on 511 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
There's only 2 people per race, so that everyone gets a medal
Or they can do what they were talking about on the news a little while back where no one gets a medal because it "makes other kids feel bad about themselves".
RDX10 is offline  
Old 08-01-2016, 03:06 PM
  #40  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Roblee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago,IL
Age: 26
Posts: 256
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10 View Post
Or they can do what they were talking about on the news a little while back where no one gets a medal because it "makes other kids feel bad about themselves".
We ran Saturday night on the 290, I was goneeeeee, 2am no traffic just me and him. I dusted him even though he claim he wasn't racing for real. But, my car disappointed me, it stoped at 110mph, I read up that all 2G TLs could run up to 150mph. Someone told me it could be because of the check engine light, but my light isn't on. But, my SRS light is on, so maybe im guessing that's the reason for the low lame 110mph speed limit, idk.
Roblee23 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 TL vs 06 Lexus IS250?


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.